GUILTY AZ - Daniel Rodriguez, 29, fatally shot by Phoenix PD officer, 5 Oct 2010 #3

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 5m The judge just showed up..#RichardChrismanExpand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Embed Tweet 1 Favorite 11:01 AM - 13 Sep 13 · Details

hmmm....isn't the judge always in the vicinty somewhere?

Yep, he's presiding over some other hearings today, might be a break between motions, etc......

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 5m The judge just showed up..#RichardChrismanExpand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Embed Tweet 1 Favorite 11:01 AM - 13 Sep 13 · Details

hmmm....isn't the judge always in the vicinty somewhere?

I don't know, he hasn't been mentioned by a tweeter before, just seemed she noticed something unusual about him and tweeted, which made me think something unusal was going on.

Standing down lol

Judge Stephens reset the hearing for CMJA to 10/4 @ 8:30

Judge Stephens reset the hearing for CMJA to 10/4 @ 8:30

Darn. Must have been JM asking for the delay, doubt she'd do it for DT without excellent cause after all the delays they've put this trial through.

IMO, that juror just communicated that the jury is leaning towards a NG verdict. I will be pleasantly surprised if they convict RC. JMV

I have been worried about this case from the beginning, It seems 'bad cop' cases are the hardest to try and get a conviction.

The jurors seem to give them more benefit of a doubt when they really shouldnt.

Also, I could tell Juan was worried when he mentioned in his closing that the victim wasn't a throwaway and deserves justice too. I have seen NG verdicts when the jury is unduly prejudice against the victim as if the life of the defendant is worth more than the one he killed.:(

I hope that is not the case here but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if another 'bad cop' walks free.

IMO

Darn. Must have been JM asking for the delay, doubt she'd do it for DT without excellent cause after all the delays they've put this trial through.

They are now predicting a January start date for CMJA. OMG it will never end it seems.

Where'd you see the date for the continuance, Zuri?

o/t did you guys see on HLN that a women gave birth to 5 babies without infertility drugs? She has 3 children already, the youngest is 1. Sorry a Mom of 4... 7, 3 and 1 y/o twins

I have been worried about this case from the beginning, It seems 'bad cop' cases are the hardest to try and get a conviction.

The jurors seem to give them more benefit of a doubt when they really shouldnt.

Also, I could tell Juan was worried when he mentioned in his closing that the victim wasn't a throwaway and deserves justice too. I have seen NG verdicts when the jury is unduly prejudice against the victim as if the life of the defendant is worth more than the one he killed.:(

I hope that is not the case here but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if another 'bad cop' walks free.

IMO

Well said. The pre conception that a drug addict is a throw away is very common unfortunately. The bias is there. JMV

I am so sorry. I have no idea how to link from my IPad, let alone copy and paste. I am really technologically impaired. Well impaired period. The CMJA subject was on both Trial Divas twitter thing.

Trial Divas twitter thread.

Thanks so much Zuri, there wasn't anything on the docket and nothing showing when I checked that twitter feed earlier this morning. Must have come in while I was making brownies. lol

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1m The jury has lunch in 30 minutes..hoping they work through it..#RichardChrisman

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 29m
Judge Sherry Stephens reset the State v. #JodiArias September 16 hearing to October 4 at 8:30 a.m.

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 20m
Well, Well, Well..Judge Stephens reset the State v. #JodiArias September 16 hearing to October 4 at 8:30 a.m. Surprised? #TheTrialDivas

HLN said it was at the request of the defense.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised she let the defense do this again.

there has to be a point where she grows a backbone and says enough.

she was found guilty in what may? so its been 4months already and she still hasn't been sentenced. there is no way if this went to appeal they would have grounds of JSS being unfair without all these delays.

anyway back on topic.

i hope they work through lunch,coming in and working for 1 1/2 hours is nothing.

The Trial Divas wrote a nice piece called "Awaiting the Verdict in the Richard Chrisman Trial" on their website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back