AZ - Eleven incidents, 1 injured in Phoenix freeway shootings, Aug-Sept 2015 *arrest*

Officers everywhere seem to have a target on their backs. It's sickening!!
I wonder if the officers shooting is connected to THE shootings? Or if this is just another lowlife cop shooter?

SugarQueen, the report that I saw at Fox News said the shooting of the PPD officer was unrelated to the AZ Sniper investigation. How they were able to determine this so quickly is anyone's guess...

FOX 10 Phoenix
14 hrs · Edited · #‎UPDATE‬: DPS confirms that a projectile struck this car window near I-10 and 43rd Avenue this morning.

DPS confirms projectile shattered window on I-10

AVONDALE, Ariz. (KSAZ) - The Arizona Department of Public Safety has confirmed that a projectile shattered a car window on I-10 Wednesday morning.

DPS says a man was driving westbound on I-10 near 43rd Avenue when his window shattered. The man says he witnessed a car pull next to him and thought he heard a gunshot.

After his window was broken, the man began to chase the suspect's vehicle, dialed 911 and gave the operator the vehicle's license plate number.

Photo DPS confirms projectile shattered window on I-10
After their initial investigation, DPS confirmed that a projectile, not a bullet, caused the window to shatter.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/projectile

<Projectile; a missile designed to be fired from a rocket or gun ---
an object fired from a gun with an explosive propelling charge, such as a bullet, shell, rocket, or grenade.>

AZ-

Man Released After Questioning in Phoenix Freeway Shootings
By PAUL DAVENPORT AND TERRY TANG, ASSOCIATED PRESS PHOENIX &#8212; Sep 18, 2015, 4:15 PM ET
<snipped & BBM for Focus>

An Arizona judge ordered the release Friday of a 19-year-old man who was detained and questioned in a series of freeway shootings in Phoenix.

A judge granted prosecutors' request to dismiss a petition to revoke the Avondale man's probation term. The state Department of Public Safety detained him Sept. 11 at a convenience store.

The Associated Press is not naming the man because he was not arrested in the freeway shootings.

Authorities have declined to explain why the man was questioned about the shootings but have said he was not a prime suspect.

DPS spokesman Bart Graves said he remains a person of interest, calling him a "piece of the pie."

"In terms of his status with us, we know his whereabouts and we'll keep track of him," Graves said.

Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb said prosecutors had to drop the petition because the DPS did not submit a report explaining why the man's probation should be revoked.

The alleged probation violation stemmed from marijuana found in the man's house during a Sept. 11 search based on a tip that he was violating probation by possessing a gun.

The man was sentenced to probation on an endangerment conviction for excessive speeding and fleeing from police.

Since Aug. 29, there have been 11 confirmed shootings of vehicles in the Phoenix area involving bullets or projectiles that have put residents on edge. Most occurred along Interstate 10, a major route through the city.

There have been no serious injuries, though a 13-year-old girl's ear was cut by glass after a bullet shattered a window of a vehicle she was riding in.

By: Brian Pryor
POSTED:SEP 18 2015 07:32PM MST
UPDATED:SEP 18 2015 08:03PM MST

Fox 10, DPS officers take suspect in AZ Freeway Shootings into custody

"The source tells FOX 10 that the suspect had anti-police and anti-government views, was vocal about his views on social media, and the weapon used was a handgun."

"Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio tweeted that DPS located a 9mm handgun that was recently pawned a gun that matched the same as the freeway shootings. The owner and person who panwed it was the same person who is in custody.

Fox News carrying the Presser LIVE.. Now..

Citizen Tips invaluable leading to suspect's arrest....
Possibly Copycats..
Investigation continuing..
Suspect Related to first four shootings only at this point, forensically linked/ballistics..

"SALUTE to the AZ I-10 Sniper Task Force for utilizing their most valuable resource; The American Public"! 'Awareness is the Key'..

Continued on livestream (paraphrased):

He was a arrested at the Walmart while with a woman and five year old child, who were not arrested.

still booking, Investigation still continuing, still connecting missing links.

Gov very supportive of all LE needs... 'more to come'

He faces a range of charges, including aggravated assault, some priors, charges undetermined.

~

[video=youtube;R4auXsFNxns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=R4auXsFNxns[/video]

@ :35 secs watch him look around. I'm guessing looking around for cameras? Pretty composed and aware, it seems.

His dad seems surprised

tonight, accoridng to Lina Del Florias, CBS5 AZ
recent, err, update stream here,

http://www.azfamily.com/story/30067...cey-announces-arrest-of-i-10-shooting-suspect

Governor Doug Ducey has released this statement about the arrest:

"I applaud the excellent work done by our state troopers, SWAT team, investigators, Col. Milstead and all the law enforcement agencies who partnered to identify this suspect and apprehend him. This was no easy case, but our law enforcement officials worked night and day from the moment these shootings began to get to the bottom of it and protect Arizona citizens. Let it be clear -- those who endanger the lives of Arizona residents will pay the consequences and be prosecuted with the full force of the law.&#8221;

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...x-freeway-shootings-suspect-custody/72439462/
Phoenix freeway shootings suspect identified as Leslie Allen Merritt Jr.

Leslie Allen Merritt, Jr. is 21 and was arrested by a SWAT team at a Walmart near 59th and Northern. He was arrested after being monitored all day, AZ Central reported. His father told AZ Central that Merritt works 12 to 15 hours a day as a landscaper and there’s simply no way he could be the shooter.

Some news media sources are reporting that Merritt may have a Facebook page where he goes by Les. He looks similar to the man arrested and his last post to Facebook was made around the same time as his arrest. The page shows a man with the same name, a similar appearance, and working at the same job that his father told reporters he did.

He also made a Facebook post about the government possibly creating a black plague, a t-shirt that reads “Don’t ever think that the reason I am peaceful is because I forgot how to be violent!,” and a meme that reads “Long range shooting, it’s like golf…but for men.”
<Snipped - read more @ Link>

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...x-freeway-shootings-suspect-custody/72439462/

KSBR ABC 33,
POSTED: 09:12 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 UPDATED: 09:45 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 Governor: Suspect arrested in I-10 shootings

"We got him! DPS SWAT team is in custody of the individual suspected of I-10 shootings. Apprehended moments ago," Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey tweeted Friday night.

And that was pretty much it for news in that piece.

( Omg

:scared:

Going to read...)

This is awesome. Now we need to find our Colorado shooter(s)!!

Social media link(s) for this guy? Young guy, not surprised...

I'm stoked, this gives me some hope...

Gosh can you imagine how happy I/we would be if they found our CO shooter(s)? This is just a taste of that!!

LAM:

attachment.php

Phoenix freeway-shootings suspect Leslie Allen Merritt Jr. tied to first 4 incidents

Attachments

• 635782180590860332-freewayshootingsuspect-familyphoto.jpg
    635782180590860332-freewayshootingsuspect-familyphoto.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 121

From what I can see without FB sign up, in cursory reaction: he favors girls who look like De Niro and does not fear sugar.

From what I can see without FB sign up, in cursory reaction: he favors girls who look like De Niro and does not fear sugar.

Lol on the sugar. His profile pic is of DeNiro but his gf/wife looks cute.

Remember, perps fbs usually go poof quickly, so screenshot as necessary!

How sweet, he got his mother in law flowers.

Is he officially married? It just says "in a relationship" but he uses the term MIL...
(Eta: says "beautiful wife", so maybe he's married...appears he has a little daughter? Or she does? Ugh.)

On maps, Massachussetts is also marked...(Forager, anything in Mass?)

Ugh, he posts that he favors pot legalization. Again, another perp who gives medical marijuana (and even recreational) a bad name imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back