AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't visit the media thread (mostly because my time is really limited any more)... but thanks much for the link up.

The Buffet is a renowned dive bar... the term "colorful" comes to mind. So it may well have simply been SOP to review any video available. Wonder if they also checked The Surly Wench. <--- local reference only. Feeling silly.

I've seen just about every episode of Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives but don't recall this place. If it's "renowned", seems that Guy Fieri would have been there by now ;) Perhaps you should email FN and suggest a visit to the "colorful" dive bar :)

I've seen just about every episode of Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives but don't recall this place. If it's "renowned", seems that Guy Fieri would have been there by now ;) Perhaps you should email FN and suggest a visit to the "colorful" dive bar :)
Ha! They are NOT known for food; unless a boiled hot dog served on a coffee filter somehow qualifies for Guy. http://www.thebuffetbar.com/

JM is mentioned in the docs-- not sure I would call him absent

You're right. I should have said that JM wasn't in there as much as I would have thought, had the docs been related to leads LE was still considering.

***Not to say that there is ANY correlation between the doc dump and the direction LE is taking, I just thought it was a possibility!!***

Ha! They are NOT known for food; unless a boiled hot dog served on a coffee filter somehow qualifies for Guy. http://www.thebuffetbar.com/

:floorlaugh: What's not to love?

...Any world-class chef will tell you that presentation is everything. And we agree with them! Every hot dog and polish sausage is served on a fresh coffee filter. And we offer several different mustards, some catsup and other fresh condiments to further enhance the dining experience. Consider this: for $10, you can get two Jumbos (remember, those are 16 ounce Coors drafts), two hot dogs, a bag of potato chips and still leave a swell tip for your overworked and underpaid bartender. Where else can you get breakfast for two like that for just $10? You gotta love this place. And for dinner, hey, go for it: same menu but with polish sausages instead of hot dogs. Guaranteed to impress and satisfy...

:floorlaugh:

@Prof:

Regarding the Walmart/Albertson's surveillance tapes, my first (and only assumption, really) is that either LE has debit card purchase records from those places or SC/RC claimed to be there (or denied being there)

IMO, they want to see:

1. If the family shopped at either store.

2. Which members were there? Whole family? Maybe they took two vehicles?

3. What was purchased?

4. What Isa was wearing!!!!

JMO, without having put a ton of thought into it, admittedly!

It also be them looking to see if someone was following the family around?

I generally agree with the above. What I do find interesting is that tips I personally submitted are not in the dump. Interviews I know took place in regard to those tips are not in the dump. What does it mean? Maybe nothing. Maybe LE simply figured 500+ pages of likely insignificant or excluded POI docs was adequate... Who knows.

YOUR tip clearly was not outlandish enough or imaginative enough. Now, if you would have thrown in one or more of the following "key" words: dream, i see, i invision, my mother's uncle's grandmother's 4th removed sister-n-law's reading showed.......

:ufo:
or that you saw a light in the sky between 11pm-8 am...

I don't visit the media thread (mostly because my time is really limited any more)... but thanks much for the link up.

The Buffet is a renowned dive bar... the term "colorful" comes to mind. So it may well have simply been SOP to review any video available. Wonder if they also checked The Surly Wench. <--- local reference only. Feeling silly.

Good times at the Buffet and the old Green Dolphin in college!

This was likely requested after a possible POI told them he was having a beer there at a certain time and they needed it to clear the person.

:floorlaugh: What's not to love?

...Any world-class chef will tell you that presentation is everything. And we agree with them! Every hot dog and polish sausage is served on a fresh coffee filter. And we offer several different mustards, some catsup and other fresh condiments to further enhance the dining experience. Consider this: for $10, you can get two Jumbos (remember, those are 16 ounce Coors drafts), two hot dogs, a bag of potato chips and still leave a swell tip for your overworked and underpaid bartender. Where else can you get breakfast for two like that for just $10? You gotta love this place. And for dinner, hey, go for it: same menu but with polish sausages instead of hot dogs. Guaranteed to impress and satisfy...

:floorlaugh:

NomNomNom! Sounds delish! *gag*

Just weighing in here on the <modsnip> thing:

I am no expert on how LE works, but I sorta think most of the stuff that was released in the docs is stuff that LE doesn't necessarily think is pertinent to the case, or at least not a lead they are seriously looking at.

The fact the <modsnip> is so prevalent in these docs makes me think he is not where LE is focusing.

On the other hand, the glaring absence of JM in the docs causes me to think they may, in fact, be considering him as having involvement.

JMO

I agree on the last part of your statement. They don't have much on the parents or JM in the docs, considering the amount of time they spent with them in the beginning of the case. Where did those documents go? I think those documents are very important to this case, as well as why investigators contacted CPS. Therefore they are leaving that information out of the public eye. The documents just let the public know that TPD is investigating every lead that they can. It doesn't tell us which leads are giving them the answers they are looking for. It doesn't tell us who actually has already been ruled out and who hasn't. I am more interested in what is left out of the documents.

Nothing to do with <modsnip>. LOL.

ETA: my "take" on <modsnip> is a savior-complex sort who felt "who knows the hidey holes around here better than a resident?"... or perhaps someone who had little faith in TPD for whatever reason.

<modsnip> could be the male version of the neighborhood "crazy lady"....you know the one im talking about...the one with the messy yard, blinds in the window that are all wonky from peering out thru them watching the neighborhood as if it is a TV, feeding the wild birds so much that the front porch looks like the bottom of a bird cage....the busy body who knows what all is going on in the neighborhood & hollywood too cause she reads the national enquirer like the bible....

lol hopefully i described nobody here :what:

ok. well maybe im the only one who grew up with one of....those....in my neighborhood. lol

im thinking he is the neighborhood adult boy scout..there to serve and help in a neighbors time of need w/ a little bit of the above mixed in! lol

YOUR tip clearly was not outlandish enough or imaginative enough. Now, if you would have thrown in one or more of the following "key" words: dream, i see, i invision, my mother's uncle's grandmother's 4th removed sister-n-law's reading showed.......

:ufo:
or that you saw a light in the sky between 11pm-8 am...
:laugh:You all are on one today!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

On page 81 of PDF 6
a report from 4/21/12
An officer was sent to an Albertson's and a Walmart to
obtain surveillance for Friday. Both these stores are between
Freedom Park and the Celis home. (This officer did not get the surveillance that day. We don't know if LE did obtain it or not)

IMO it is likely that either before or after the game,
the family stopped at these stores as
LE knew to request surveillance early on Saturday.

My question is, why was this not stated by LE?
It is likely they could have stopped on the way to get food to bring to the
game, but it might have brought in some tips if anyone saw the family at these stores on Friday.
If they stopped on the way home, then it is possible that a perp could have followed them home. Again, why did LE not provide the public with the information of the stores as part of the routine where Isa was last seen?

Attached PDF 6 page 81 clip
and map of possible route before or after game.

Sorry for quoting my earlier post, but there seems to be some confusion.

I am interested in anyone's or everyone's answers to the question I have bolded above from my original post.

I was asking for speculation on why LE has not released details on the family's timeline/activities except for the park. I just would think that this might generate more tips.

I wasn't really questioning why they requested the tapes.

Links to all the documents released so far:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 Media & Document Dump (No Discussion)

lionsden.jpg

http://bringisahome.com/

Bumping up

McMags could be the male version of the neighborhood "crazy lady"....you know the one im talking about...the one with the messy yard, blinds in the window that are all wonky from peering out thru them watching the neighborhood as if it is a TV, feeding the wild birds so much that the front porch looks like the bottom of a bird cage....the busy body who knows what all is going on in the neighborhood & hollywood too cause she reads the national enquirer like the bible....

lol hopefully i described nobody here :what:

ok. well maybe im the only one who grew up with one of....those....in my neighborhood. lol

im thinking he is the neighborhood adult boy scout..there to serve and help in a neighbors time of need w/ a little bit of the above mixed in! lol

Messy yard?
Wonky blinds?

I resemble that remark!! LOL, it's been too hot to deal with the yard and the blinds are the dog's fault!!

PS: I'm not the crazy lady all though I know there are people that are :fence:

My latest thought (excuse me, it's been a long day) - - - it's pretty hard to remove a BEDSKIRT. (One was found in one of the washes, right?) IF (big if), it's from Isabel's bed, that took EFFORT. Often, you'd have to remove the top mattress to get at the bedskirt. Hmmph.

@Prof:

Regarding the Walmart/Albertson's surveillance tapes, my first (and only assumption, really) is that either LE has debit card purchase records from those places or SC/RC claimed to be there (or denied being there)

IMO, they want to see:

1. If the family shopped at either store.

2. Which members were there? Whole family? Maybe they took two vehicles?

3. What was purchased?

4. What Isa was wearing!!!!

JMO, without having put a ton of thought into it, admittedly!

There you go - being logical! :clap:Good points!

better checking the tunnels than doing the dishes!

My latest thought (excuse me, it's been a long day) - - - it's pretty hard to remove a BEDSKIRT. (One was found in one of the washes, right?) IF (big if), it's from Isabel's bed, that took EFFORT. Often, you'd have to remove the top mattress to get at the bedskirt. Hmmph.

I'm not sure what the reason would be for removing a bedskirt (I call it a "dust ruffle")? What would make a (potential) perp think to remove it? How would the perp or the victim come in contact with the bedskirt? Pillow/pillowcase, fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket, comforter/bedspread, mattress pad, mattress make sense in a possible molestation, but I don't see how the bedskirt figures in this scenario. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgam