GUILTY AZ - Madeline 'Maddie' Jones, 19 & William Jones-Gouchenour, 9 mos, found safe, Mesa, 15 Jun 2017

The boy lives in Montana. I will bet that she isn't going to come back to hand her baby over to a guy that's going to take the kid to Montana where she can get even get close. Once he's in Montana, it will take an act of God to get him back.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

So it's better for her to hide him forever to keep him away from his dad so he never gets a chance to see him? Sorry, I forgot that's how it works.

My mom did that to me as a baby. I was 22 years old before I knew I had a different father than the one who raised me. I didn't get to meet my real dad until I was 25. He never even knew I existed. My mom decided that for me. And my dad is a fantastic wonderful man. She's lucky we've forgiven her.

So it's better for her to hide him forever to keep him away from his dad so he never gets a chance to see him? Sorry, I forgot that's how it works.

My mom did that to me as a baby. I was 22 years old before I knew I had a different father than the one who raised me. I didn't get to meet my real dad until I was 25. He never even knew I existed. My mom decided that for me. And my dad is a fantastic wonderful man. She's lucky we've forgiven her.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Your story gives me a different perspective to look at this from now.

Sorry that happened to you....hopefully it won't happen to this child to lose either one. Unfortunately, the mother at this point has a baby to lose. The judge chose the dad. Once that happened, he pitted them against each other.

I have a question for those who've been through the custody battle and cases of abdication by non custodial parent.

When Maddie left, she still had partial custody. Once she left, the judge granted full custody to Jacob.

I understand why the judge did so and I am not arguing that because it's the right thing to do based on her actions.

But my question is why wouldn't the judge rule a third party for temporary custody in order to try lure her back? Giving full custody only deepens her decision to keep hiding imo

Just curious why the court doesn't grant a third party custody or and then once she returns give the custody to the father?

I'm totally inexperienced in these matters. And I know it's probably an absurd question but just curious.

Side note, has gitana posted here yet? She has a lot of experience in custody disputes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one else has standing to be a part of the case unless they file a request to "join" the case. So the court has no authority to do that.

Sorry that happened to you....hopefully it won't happen to this child to lose either one. Unfortunately, the mother at this point has a baby to lose. The judge chose the dad. Once that happened, he pitted them against each other.

It doesn't have to be that way. She's dug in her heels from the day he was born. You don't get to be an entitled spoiled princess when you become a mom, you have to think about other people. Unfortunately, she made things VERY hard for herself here if she did decide to run. I'm a mom of 5 and have no sympathy for that.

I'm a Mom of one....no body would take my baby.

http://www.azfamily.com/clip/13425677/mesa-mother-is-missing-along-with-her-baby

Husband and ex mother in law speaking out. Says Madeline has history of irrational behavior, and the court awarded him visitation and Madeline doesn't like it. Begging for her to bring him back. HOW STRANGE is this! Judge granted HIM full custody of the baby!

That tells me a lot. I just concluded a four year long case where the opposing party is bat you know what crazy and vindictive and refuses to follow court orders. We have worried all along that she could kidnap or kill the child
in the case.

Good. It takes two people to make a baby. Both parents have rights. Unless a judge decides otherwise in the case of an unfit parent. It is wrong to do what she has done and the judge ruled the way he did because of her own actions.

I agree with this. If I wanted to leave, I'd leave everything and have plans to get it elsewhere. I'm not sure what happened and I really hope they are safe. If my ex was harming my baby or there was neglect, forget all my ****, I'm outtie no matter what. Just my thoughts.

The second time he saw the baby was just recently when his parenting time began. First time was probably when he born or soon after. Not much time for "neglect" or abuse to occur. I don't think he fought for all that time for visits and then immediately harmed his kid during the first visit, leading her not to call the cops but to flee.

I think it's unfair that some women feel a man is nothing but a sperm donor and has no rights to spend his own time with the kid they made together. The guy didn't "take" her baby. He just got some parenting time.

I think it's unfair that some women feel a man is nothing but a sperm donor and has no rights to spend his own time with the kid they made together. The guy didn't "take" her baby. He just got some parenting time.
Didn't say that....read the thread. I support Maddie.

I support William. He has a momma AND a daddy. He will grow up one day and she will have a lot of explaining to do. He may not be as forgiving as I chose to be. And my dad very well could have legally gone after my mom when he found out he was deprived of a child for 25 years. Just some perspective based on my own experience.

I have a question for those who've been through the custody battle and cases of abdication by non custodial parent.

When Maddie left, she still had partial custody. Once she left, the judge granted full custody to Jacob.

I understand why the judge did so and I am not arguing that because it's the right thing to do based on her actions.

But my question is why wouldn't the judge rule a third party for temporary custody in order to try lure her back? Giving full custody only deepens her decision to keep hiding imo

Just curious why the court doesn't grant a third party custody or and then once she returns give the custody to the father?

I'm totally inexperienced in these matters. And I know it's probably an absurd question but just curious.

Side note, has gitana posted here yet? She has a lot of experience in custody disputes.

Because he's the other legal parent.

I'm sorry that happened to you. That also happened to a friend of mine. I call it"passing a kid off" and I hate that too. She also said her step father was a tool her whole life. She met her dad as an adult and adores him. I also know two men this happened to and they were seriously rocked when they found out and very angry.

But it wasn't like that. He was going to get visits and probably joint legal. He lives in another state, 50/50 isn't feasible. She may have made this happen.

There are a lot of personal experiences coloring things in this forum. Never seen it get so accusatory with so little evidence before.

I just hope she and the baby are safe. Period. Her behavior isn't great when it comes to the divorce decree and if she's taken the baby, that makes it worse for her. But she will deal accordingly in the future if she is safe enough to make it back, and right now, that feels like a very big if.

She left with so very little, on such a hot day. Reminds me a lot of the other case going on here right now, the woman from RDU missing -- walking away with nothing leads us to a very sad conclusion most of the time. I hope it's a better ending than that sad conclusion for both ladies and this precious baby.

I'm sorry that happened to you. That also happened to a friend of mine. I call it"passing a kid off" and I hate that too. She also said her step father was a tool her whole life. She met her dad as an adult and adores him. I also know two men this happened to and they were seriously rocked when they found out and very angry.

I was unbelievably angry, learning that my whole life, my whole family, was a lie. I felt like an orphan. The man who raised me was and is wonderful. He adopted me at birth, and I never knew. But I look exactly like my real dad. He deserved to watch me grow up. Incidentally, he is a retired police officer in Phoenix. He would probably have a few things to say to Madeline.

There are a lot of personal experiences coloring things in this forum. Never seen it get so accusatory with so little evidence before.

I just hope she and the baby are safe. Period. Her behavior isn't great when it comes to the divorce decree and if she's taken the baby, that makes it worse for her. But she will deal accordingly in the future if she is safe enough to make it back, and right now, that feels like a very big if.

She left with so very little, on such a hot day. Reminds me a lot of the other case going on here right now, the woman from RDU missing -- walking away with nothing leads us to a very sad conclusion most of the time. I hope it's a better ending than that sad conclusion for both ladies and this precious baby.

Yes, to me this case has felt like self harm from the beginning. It's not looking good. Best case scenario is she brings the baby back unharmed, but even then she has legal repercussions.

Our personal experiences add a human dimension to this case. Many of us have walked in these shoes in one way or another. Custody disputes are inherently ugly, I am very passionate having been deprived of my real father and he never knowing I existed. These aren't just cases on WS that happen to "other people" and don't touch us. They are real life things some of us have lived through, with terrible scars to prove it.

Any cases where a person goes missing, leaving all personal items behind, and comes home alive?

Yes. There have been a few. Usually adults who disappear into thin air. But are leading secret double lives or just hiding for awhile. I'm not sure how they survive.

I'm not sure if it is considered kidnapping but it is in contempt of court. But I also believe the baby was supposed to go back with his father the next day, anyway.

Exactly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back