Identified! AZ - Tucson, WhtFem UP10566, 18-22, in desert, Apr'81 - Brenda Gerow

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by OkieGranny, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I just went back & replied to the 2 articles again. Hope they get approved this time!

Police seek info in cold case murder with Mass. ties This one wouldn't let me repost it, I ended up replying to one of the comments; after I did that, it let me post

Chelmsford Police Seek Info In Arizona Cold Case Murder

2. SurrealisticSlumbers

SurrealisticSlumbers Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where this scum-of-the-earth Kalhauser lives now? It nauseates me that he is out there, running around free, after killing the 52 year-old man, his ex-wife, and Brenda, seemingly getting off scot-free… How many more convicted felons are out there in our midst like this?

3. SurrealisticSlumbers

4. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Although identification was confirmed a couple of months ago, I'm seeing stories about Brenda Gerow being written this week.

"Crime Trackers: Jane Doe from 1981 identified, person of interest named"

http://www.kvoa.com/story/30136315/crime-trackers-jane-doe-from-1981-identified-person-of-interest-named

5. Dionysia

Dionysia Former Member

6. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

One of the links includes a video along with a few more photos of Brenda. I took screenshots from the video. What a pretty girl.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.02.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.02.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.03.44 PM.jpg

7. JusticeWillBeServed

Interview with Brenda's brother.

"Brother of missing Nashua woman identified as Arizona murder victim speaks out"

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20151001/NEWS03/151009923/1006/NEWS03&template=mobileart

8. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

I truly hope that justice is served for Brenda. Her brother Bill needs that terribly.

9. Nikon

Nikon Former Member

The murderer is in prison on another charge. He got 20 years, back in '99. He will be released in four years. If the family can pursue, perhaps his stay in prison can be extended indefinitely.

10. SurrealisticSlumbers

Yep, he's definitely at risk for offending again. I know he's much older now, but I wouldn't chance it after three murders and one attempted murder... I'm sure he'd be more than able to turn on his sociopathic charm, and fool others who don't know his history, be it employers, girlfriends, whatever. He could go anywhere and start over, and who knows what would happen then.

11. Nikon

Nikon Former Member

Maybe. I feel he was some sort of a sexual predator rather than a random murderer. Gerow's identity was known as late 2014, still very recent. Kalhauser is a virtually unknown 'serial killer'. If he gets released in little over three years, he will be 65. That's retirement age. 65 seems young nowadays. It is suspected Kalhauser fled with Gerow in late '79 or 1980 to Arizona. Gerow was an opportunity that Kalhauser couldn't pass up. It's harder to convince someone of a 36 years old murder than a 36 hours old murder.

12. SurrealisticSlumbers

Oh, I agree completely. He specifically killed out of sexual/romantic spite. It seems like every woman he was involved with felt his wrath if the relationship went south. He killed that 50-something year-old guy (still iffy on motive - or why he only got one year in jail), laid low for a few years, then tried to kill his ex's boyfriend (if I can't have you, then nobody else can)... Took off with Brenda, killed her (she may have been trying to leave him, and return to NH, or perhaps met someone new??) then eventually killed his wife - who was beginning divorce proceedings. I'm looking at the news articles and putting together a mental timeline of events, and yeah, seems he met/pursued Diane almost a hot minute after killing Brenda. That may have caused his violent impulses to lie dormant for a few years, but probably, there was something that set him off - he's definitely the jealous type. He also sounds paranoid, like the kind of person who could become dangerously delusional and think their partner is cheating based on innocuous occurrences, like a male coworker giving her a ride home. Sure had a temper, anyway, and now two women are gone from the world and their families because of it. They couldn't have known what they were getting themselves into (at least, not Diane, with the alibi he used). Talk about a guy who literally can't handle rejection! When he gets out of prison I'll bet you anything he'll try to re-enter the dating scene, and we'd all better hope something doesn't set him off again. Like you pointed out, 65 isn't that old. I shudder to think of it.

13. JusticeWillBeServed

The new show on the ID Network Who Killed Jane Doe recently covered this case. At the end of the episode, they said that the case against Kalhauser is still being built.

14. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs