GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2015 HM puts down her demands in an unethical means of writing a letter directly to the Judge, discrediting the entire Estate and stomping her feet saying it's not fair! Where some unscrupulous attorney(s) may try desperately to milk as much $ as possible prior to February 2016 Court Hearing.

QUOTE]

I know I have mentioned this before but if it makes you feel better, this happens ALL THE TIME, lots of people write to the presiding Judge over a case. What most people don't realize is that Judges are bound (in the States anyway) by the Canons of Ethics that prohibits any ex-parte reading of any such letters. In any court where I have practiced, the letters are intercepted by the clerks, left unopened and placed in the file and the next time there is a court date, all the attorneys are made aware of it in chambers and then on the record the Judge may make a note of it or not, indicating he/she did not read it. That is why HM continues to go to the Trib, she knows darn well Cohen cannot read the letters which is why she hopes he is unable to avoid all and any media reports so her message gets through.

This was an article published about a year ago:

https://www.mainstreet.com/article/...hat-heather-mack-is-teaching-about-teen-money

I am copying and pasting an interesting comment:

Rhonda • a year ago

Actually, that's not why the payment happened that way I know the circumstances about lawsuit payout - the initial distribution was made in that manner to avoid a competing claim from the father's illegitimate child. Once that issue was settled, all of the funds were retruned to the mother who was executor of the estate.

another old article:
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Royal_Caribbean_Cruise_Line_Settlements_Leads_To_Murder.html

In the summer of 2001 James L. Mack, his wife Sheila Von Weiss-Mack and their daughter Heather Mack, age 9, were on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in the Mediterranean when James Mack cut his foot in or around the cruise ship swimming pool. He sought medical assistance from the cruise ship doctor aboard. They filed a lawsuit against Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines for medical malpractice, James Mack and Sheila Mack v .Royal Caribbean, which they won based on the outcome of the Carlisle v Carnival Cruise Line, which was a case precedent cruise line medical mal practice lawsuit, now often quoted in other lawsuits involving alleged cruise ship doctor mal practice The couple won $1.5 million in a court order back in 2011.
Of the 1.5 million dollars won from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, the couple got $840,000 after attorney fees and costs. Sheila von Wiese-Mack immediately netted $340,667 after legal fees for her share of the settlement, according to court records. But another $500,000 went to James Mack’s estate. which his will stipulated was "only to provide for Heather Mack, my child, and for no other children.” June 2011, a judge authorized von Wiese-Mack, the executor of her husband’s estate, to pay herself the remaining $500,000 as the estate’s “sole beneficiary.” His first wife and other five children were excluded.

Wondering if anyone here can access these records from June 2011?

It does seem that the proceeds from James Mack's will were set up this way so none of his other children could inherit. However, lets just say that this $500K was HM's. It would be interesting how much of this money was left once the judge said Sheila could inherit it. In other words, the money was awarded, then later the judge said Sheila got it. How much of the $500K had been spent on HM up to that point? This would be a court record. (I have to fill out similar paperwork every year for a minor I am the custodian of. I have to show where every penny is and show if any of it was spent). After Sheila was awarded the money, she would no longer have to do this. But again, lets say the sum was still $500K. HM spent at least $200K on legal fees. That leaves $300K. So how in the heck can she say she is entitled to the entire estate?

HM may end up with a little bit of money from all this, but it will be no where near $1.5M. I also hope that it is found that Stella cannot inherit. Only because it will make her a target by HM and TS for the rest of her life. They are dangerous people, and I fear for Stella if she has anything those two think they can gain.

another old article:
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Royal_Caribbean_Cruise_Line_Settlements_Leads_To_Murder.html

In the summer of 2001 James L. Mack, his wife Sheila Von Weiss-Mack and their daughter Heather Mack, age 9, were on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in the Mediterranean when James Mack cut his foot in or around the cruise ship swimming pool. He sought medical assistance from the cruise ship doctor aboard. They filed a lawsuit against Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines for medical malpractice, James Mack and Sheila Mack v .Royal Caribbean, which they won based on the outcome of the Carlisle v Carnival Cruise Line, which was a case precedent cruise line medical mal practice lawsuit, now often quoted in other lawsuits involving alleged cruise ship doctor mal practice The couple won $1.5 million in a court order back in 2011.
Of the 1.5 million dollars won from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, the couple got $840,000 after attorney fees and costs. Sheila von Wiese-Mack immediately netted $340,667 after legal fees for her share of the settlement, according to court records. But another $500,000 went to James Mack’s estate. which his will stipulated was "only to provide for Heather Mack, my child, and for no other children.” June 2011, a judge authorized von Wiese-Mack, the executor of her husband’s estate, to pay herself the remaining $500,000 as the estate’s “sole beneficiary.” His first wife and other five children were excluded.

It does seem that the proceeds from James Mack's will were set up this way so none of his other children could inherit. However, lets just say that this $500K was HM's. It would be interesting how much of this money was left once the judge said Sheila could inherit it. In other words, the money was awarded, then later the judge said Sheila got it. How much of the $500K had been spent on HM up to that point? This would be a court record. (I have to fill out similar paperwork every year for a minor I am the custodian of. I have to show where every penny is and show if any of it was spent). After Sheila was awarded the money, she would no longer have to do this. But again, lets say the sum was still $500K. HM spent at least $200K on legal fees. That leaves $300K. So how in the heck can she say she is entitled to the entire estate?

Ok one thing I see in that verbage "Only to provide for" meaning the $500,000 could have easily went towards any expenses related to HM's needs through into her adulthood, including College. So HM would have nothing left of that $500,000 if SWM chose to not set it aside for her daughter. SWM could have easily used it for food, clothing, etc.

Here is the court docket that Cook County has online for his Estate/Probate:
http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.o...&CASEINFOPage=4210&PLtype=1&Ncase=2006P008443

Here is a link to Websleuths Oct 2014 regarding same: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Wiese-Mack-s-body-found-in-suitcase-3/page43

On that page, Orange Tabby cited this link: https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com...=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=James+L.+Mack&CDate=

I know I have mentioned this before but if it makes you feel better, this happens ALL THE TIME, lots of people write to the presiding Judge over a case. What most people don't realize is that Judges are bound (in the States anyway) by the Canons of Ethics that prohibits any ex-parte reading of any such letters. In any court where I have practiced, the letters are intercepted by the clerks, left unopened and placed in the file and the next time there is a court date, all the attorneys are made aware of it in chambers and then on the record the Judge may make a note of it or not, indicating he/she did not read it. That is why HM continues to go to the Trib, she knows darn well Cohen cannot read the letters which is why she hopes he is unable to avoid all and any media reports so her message gets through.

It is, to me the equivalent of throwing a fit because the Judge won't listen. :) She has failed to clearly understand that $ she "thinks" is stolen from her, has been long gone from what I have gathered. Not only just in raising an entitled brat, consider all the stolen credit cards, cash, valuables, broken items, abortions, hotels, Iphones, Plane tickets & Hotel for TS, Legal fees for Murder ........ As HM said herself "stolen money is stolen money". Yes, she is throwing a fit over $ she already spent & fails to do that math. It's just rubbing salt into an open wound & insulting for SWM's family and friends IMO.

I wish Cohen could see some of the things we do, and I do not know all what WW can use as documentation come February. It won't matter though as HM has already agreed to give up on SWM's $. She is really chasing ghosts at this point.

This was an article published about a year ago:

https://www.mainstreet.com/article/...hat-heather-mack-is-teaching-about-teen-money

I am copying and pasting an interesting comment:

Rhonda • a year ago

Actually, that's not why the payment happened that way I know the circumstances about lawsuit payout - the initial distribution was made in that manner to avoid a competing claim from the father's illegitimate child. Once that issue was settled, all of the funds were retruned to the mother who was executor of the estate.

Even more interesting is the comment directly below that from "Telling it like it is":

Let's set the record straight since the author of this article is apparently incapable of basic research. James L Mack died virtually penniless. He had $1800 in his checking account and a Chicago apartment. That was the extent of his wealth. James, Sheila, and Heather were on a cruise (paid for by Sheila and money received when her parents died) when James cut his foot in the ship swimming pool. Since he was elderly, diabetic, and in poor health, he had complications from the cut. James sued the cruise line for medical damages. He died from complications from the cut so after his death the case was upgraded by Sheila to a wrongful death lawsuit. Sheila was awarded outright $800,000 while James' estate (which went to both Sheila and Heather) was awarded the other $700,000 for a total settlement of $1.5 million after lawyers fees. Taxes took another $400,000 of that according to public records.

Since Heather was only 11 years of age at the time of her father's death, her share of the settlement (approximately $250,000 after fees and taxes) went into a trust controlled by Sheila. The money was earmarked for her education and living expenses until she turned 21 with any remaining funds eligible to be paid directly to her at that time. Heather attended expensive private schools, had private tutoring and lessons, went on expensive vacations, and chose to wear only the most expensive clothing. Her $250,000 share of the settlement was spent well before she turned 18 so there was no "Heather's money" left to fight over.

Heather stole her mother's credit cards numerous times, with the police called multiple times. Heather racked up tens of thousands of dollars in debt on those credit cards for things like hotel rooms, alcohol, room service meals, and damages to hotel rooms while partying with her criminal friends. She violently attacked her mother, Sheila, to the point that Sheila called the police 87 times in fear of her own life. Heather broke her mother's ankle and arm, as well as gave her mother multiple concussions from the time she was 12 years old up to the moment Heather violently beat her mother to death. Heather then assisted her psychotic boyfriend in breaking her mother's arms and legs in order to stuff her dead body into a tiny suitcase.

If you want to write an article stating that spoiling your children is harmful then you would probably be correct. This drivel you have written about Sheila "using Heather's money" should earn you a lawsuit form Sheila's family.

From this article: In August, Mack was allowed to strip off her jailhouse uniform and wear an embroidered white top and jeans for an annual dance event at the prison.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-lied-control-inheritance.html#ixzz3u2Z8yJRb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM. Umm, what jailhouse uniform???:thinking: The UCLA tshirt and jeans??

Dec 2015 HM puts down her demands in an unethical means of writing a letter directly to the Judge, discrediting the entire Estate and stomping her feet saying it's not fair! Where some unscrupulous attorney(s) may try desperately to milk as much $ as possible prior to February 2016 Court Hearing.

I can describe her attitude in one word: CHUTZPAH!!!.

another old article:

HM may end up with a little bit of money from all this, but it will be no where near $1.5M. I also hope that it is found that Stella cannot inherit. Only because it will make her a target by HM and TS for the rest of her life. They are dangerous people, and I fear for Stella if she has anything those two think they can gain.

This little witch still thinks she's going to profit off her mother's death, INCREDIBLE!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Even more interesting is the comment directly below that from "Telling it like it is":

Let's set the record straight since the author of this article is apparently incapable of basic research. James L Mack died virtually penniless. He had $1800 in his checking account and a Chicago apartment. That was the extent of his wealth. James, Sheila, and Heather were on a cruise (paid for by Sheila and money received when her parents died) when James cut his foot in the ship swimming pool. Since he was elderly, diabetic, and in poor health, he had complications from the cut. James sued the cruise line for medical damages. He died from complications from the cut so after his death the case was upgraded by Sheila to a wrongful death lawsuit. Sheila was awarded outright $800,000 while James' estate (which went to both Sheila and Heather) was awarded the other $700,000 for a total settlement of $1.5 million after lawyers fees. Taxes took another $400,000 of that according to public records.

I have to question Telling it like it is' sources. As I am showing JM had owned & then shared the house in Oak Park with SWM, which was sold and in disrepair years after his death. It was purchased and renovated and put back on the market for 1.7 million. This is not to say that there was not another apartment floating around, although did SWM move into the city after the sale of 647 Linden.

http://chicago.blockshopper.com/property/16064140090000/647_linden/

Sales History

Price Type Date B-Buyer/S-Seller Agent
$650,000 Resale 07/17/2013 B: 647 Linden Inc BA: N/A
S: Sheila Vonwiese Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 11/21/2008 B: James L Mack, Sheila Wiese Mack BA: N/A
S: James L Mack, Sheila Von Wiese Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 12/29/2003 B: Shiela V Wiese Mack, James L Mack BA: N/A
S: James L Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 04/18/1996 B: James L Mack BA: N/A
S: Kaye Clements SA: N/A
N/A Resale 04/22/1992 B: James L Mack BA: N/A
S: Kaye C Mack SA: N/A

Renovation mentioning it was in disrepair: http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/3-11-2014/Reinvigorated-home-is-their-Castle/

Here is the current listing with the walk through: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/647-Linden-Ave-Oak-Park-IL-60302/3802838_zpid/

The Oak Park address is also in a police report regarding other Son (?) trying visit his father.

Filing of his Will: http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=CASEINFOPage&CASEINFOPage=4220&case_no=2006W007112

I have to question Telling it like it is' sources. As I am showing JM had owned & then shared the house in Oak Park with SWM, which was sold and in disrepair years after his death. It was purchased and renovated and put back on the market for 1.7 million. This is not to say that there was not another apartment floating around, although did SWM move into the city after the sale of 647 Linden.

http://chicago.blockshopper.com/property/16064140090000/647_linden/

Sales History

Price Type Date B-Buyer/S-Seller Agent
$650,000 Resale 07/17/2013 B: 647 Linden Inc BA: N/A
S: Sheila Vonwiese Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 11/21/2008 B: James L Mack, Sheila Wiese Mack BA: N/A
S: James L Mack, Sheila Von Wiese Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 12/29/2003 B: Shiela V Wiese Mack, James L Mack BA: N/A
S: James L Mack SA: N/A
N/A Resale 04/18/1996 B: James L Mack BA: N/A
S: Kaye Clements SA: N/A
N/A Resale 04/22/1992 B: James L Mack BA: N/A
S: Kaye C Mack SA: N/A

Renovation mentioning it was in disrepair: http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/3-11-2014/Reinvigorated-home-is-their-Castle/

Here is the current listing with the walk through: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/647-Linden-Ave-Oak-Park-IL-60302/3802838_zpid/

The Oak Park address is also in a police report regarding other Son (?) trying visit his father.

Filing of his Will: http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=CASEINFOPage&CASEINFOPage=4220&case_no=2006W007112

I think the Chicago apartment refers to a property owned by James Mack which was valued at $150,000 and sold in 2007. The Oak Park residence was jointly owned by JM and SVWM and would have passed to the surviving spouse upon his death. For "Telling it like it is" to state that JM died virtually penniless is not quite true of course. There was apparently $1,800 in a bank account and real estate property worth $150,000 at the time of his death (or when it was sold in 2007). The big bucks only came in 2011 when the wrongful death suit was settled, so 5 years later. I've often wondered since James Mack was in the music business, whether he received royalties for his work, and what will happen to those now? Will HM be entitled to them?

Nothing ceases to amaze me with HM anymore. Imagine how JM would feel if he knew how trying to keep his children from his first marriage and his illegitimate child from gaining anything from his death has turned out. I wonder how much support money was ever given to that illegitimate child. I think he is around the same age as HM. Maybe Elkin can leech on to him and throw his name in the draw for where JM's "estate" should go. Lol

HM has blown through her her father's "estate" and then some. She was provided for very well until she decided to kill the woman who legally owned all assets at the time of her death. Now no one should be providing for her. It's time for her to make it on her own. Let's see how willing Stella's "guardian" will be to raise her when all funds are cut off. I think that might be the only chance Stella has to be placed with a loving adoptive family. I hope her GAL is pushing for her to be adopted out rather than to be held in limbo as a cash cow for her birth "mother and father".

MOO

There was a riot in Kerobokan. It was between 2 rival gangs and there where 3 fatalities. HM posted a pic of her reppin' one of the gangs, Laskar Bali, not too long ago. At the time I couldn't figure out what Laskar Bali was, but this confirms it. Charming.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/battle-...n-jail-leaves-three-dead-20151217-glqf83.html

Well since that doesn't appear to be an issue on the female side, I wonder if TS has joined the Laskar Bali gang. The article seems to indicate that the young men in the prison are kind of forced to join one group or the other. He's sure having a worse time navigating his way on his side it seems. HM looks like she's pretty much controlling the women on her side. Must be all that cash that keeps getting sent to "Stella" that makes her so popular. SMH

MOO

Actually I guess TS is not in the gang since they all got moved out of the prison. I see HM reposted th pic of her in the gang shirt and said she'd miss those who were moved.

Actually I guess TS is not in the gang since they all got moved out of the prison. I see HM reposted th pic of her in the gang shirt and said she'd miss those who were moved.
Let's not forget her IG post with a photograph of her and her mother uploaded 2 weeks ago : "you always stay inside of my soul." 😐

Oh how nice. Judging by her IG it appears that HM and TS spent Christmas together with Stella and they each got a one month sentence reduction as well from prison officials.

http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/...bali-suitcase-murder-get-christmas-remission/

According to this article, there were lot of contraband drugs and cellphones found in the prison after the gang riots but it looks like they've once again overlooked HM's phone as she continues to post to the Internet. SMH

:notgood:

When I read the text where HM told TS he'd earn $11 million, I thought it was a lie or a typo. Now it looks like she really believes there is that much money. If she confided this to Elkin, possibly during a consultation before she went to Bali, it would go a long ways towards explaining why Elkin and Favia have stuck around, despite not getting paid. They may believe there's a lot more money hidden somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201