GUILTY Belize - Superintendent Henry Jemmott, shot/body in sea, San Pedro Town, 28 May 2021 *arrest*

I’ve found the whole first press conference online here . Remember this is very early days , nothing about the drugs in here , the policeman does appear to say she’s not cooperating and implies if she has nothing to hide why isn’t she talking but acknowledges it’s fine for her to wait for her defence to arrive . ( now we’ve heard the bizarre story maybe that’s why she just waited for defence as it’s definitely hard to explain/ maybe the policeman was just thinking she’d say it was suicide/or I killed him) anyway it gets a bit interesting as he knows the deceased quite well they didn’t always see eye to eye but they respected each other (that’s my words , you’ll need to watch the video to interpret yourself ) also he wasn’t prepared to talk about the “personal reasons” why the deceased was on a break on the island , it sounds like he knows but respectfully declines to mention them . KREM News on Facebook Watch

Per this article (BBM):

"Jemmott had arrived in San Pedro last week, enjoying a fishing trip and hitting some bars with a friend while staying at a downtown hotel.

In her statement to police, Hartin claims she invited the veteran officer to her apartment where the pair drank and discussed her personal security.

She told cops they later walked a short distance to the wooden pier by the Mata Rocks hotel, which was closed because of the pandemic.

Hartin told police that Jemmott said he was suffering from shoulder pain so she offered him a massage while he placed his service weapon on the dock.

It was when she picked it up to pass it back to him that that loaded gun fired accidentally, according to the statement.

Hartin was found at the scene by a security guard 'hysterical' and covered in blood, but clammed up and summoned a lawyer once she was in police custody, sources said."

Canadian socialite Jasmine Hartin, 32, is charged with manslaughter by negligence of Belize cop | Daily Mail Online

Thanks for this...more questions IMO.

She is the wife or partner...or girlfriend...and has two children with the billionaire’s son. Does she not live with him or the children? Does this mean she lives separately in her own apartment?

Why was the victim transferred? He’s back on the island, fishing, etc...not working...but they have to have a business meeting in the middle of the night? If just a business meeting in a specific topic...why did it go on for hours, include alcohol, and transfer to a beach?

How can he help with her security? He’s been transferred.

Question remains. What were they doing there and why?

If they were friends, then it's not strange for two friends to be having a drink on a quiet dock after curfew. If he was stressed, worried about personal and work relationships, it's not unusual for her to give him a shoulder massage. What is odd is that she had his gun in her hand, that there was no safety device on the gun, but maybe they were fooling around and she was using the gun as part of the massage. That would explain the angle of the gunshot from behind the ear.

If they were friends, then it's not strange for two friends to be having a drink on a quiet dock after curfew. If he was stressed, worried about personal and work relationships, it's not unusual for her to give him a shoulder massage. What is odd is that she had his gun in her hand, that there was no safety device on the gun, but maybe they were fooling around and she was using the gun as part of the massage. That would explain the angle of the gunshot from behind the ear.

She could have used it bc it was cold. Probably felt nice in that tropical heat. But I’d venture to guess that she picked it up off of the dock so he didn’t have to lean over to try and pick it up. There are many possible answers to all of our questions. I doubt we’ll ever know everything. But I’m betting life will gone on, probably as usual, despite his death. This is Belize.
Remember the death we followed of the Arizona woman that went missing off some caye several months ago during an overnight trip? If you followed that case, there were many observations posted describing true life in Belize.

She could have used it bc it was cold. Probably felt nice in that tropical heat. But I’d venture to guess that she picked it up off of the dock so he didn’t have to lean over to try and pick it up. There are many possible answers to all of our questions. I doubt we’ll ever know everything. But I’m betting life will gone on, probably as usual, despite his death. This is Belize.
Remember the death we followed of the Arizona woman that went missing off some caye several months ago during an overnight trip? If you followed that case, there were many observations posted describing true life in Belize.

I've followed a few cases of murdered foreigners and nothing is ever done to properly solve the murders. It's usually set aside as some sort of property dispute that cannot be understood.

It will be interesting to see whether the investigation is more thorough when it is a local police officer that is shot by a foreigner.

San Pedranos Pay Tribute to Superintendent Jemmott

Around midday today, the Belize Police Department set up a memorial at its San Pedro Police Station in the memory of Superintendent Henry Jemmott, its former commander who was shot dead last Friday on a pier south of the island town. Residents are coming out to write messages for the officer. Forty-two-year-old Jemmott was a career police officer who had been working with the department for over two decades. During his career, he was the Coastal Executive Officer for the department and was most recently transferred to head precinct two of the Eastern Division in Belize City.
In an update to the case, Jasmine Hartin has been charged with Manslaughter by Negligence in the shooting death of Supt. Jemmott. Her attorneys are at this time seeking to apply for bail and she is expected to be transferred to the Belize Central Prison in Hattieville. (Small video) Log In or Sign Up to View

EXCLUSIVE: Socialite dubbed the 'Queen' of the swanky Belize hotel she operates with her husband could soon be swapping her idyllic surroundings for a squalid cell in a jail dubbed one of the 'toughest in the world' Canadian socialite Jasmine Hartin to be moved to Belize Central Prison | Daily Mail Online

Nicknamed the 'Hattieville Ramada', it currently houses 1,041 prisoners, many of whom are forced to wait months or even years for trial, in austere, concrete cellblocks, undergoing strict religious instruction.

As of today they had one sole Caucasian inmate, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Her influential attorney Godfrey Smith implored a magistrate in San Pedro, the island's only town, to release her during a closed-doors arraignment Sunday but the official sided with cops who said she was a major flight risk.

Hartin will be transferred to the Belizean mainland by plane or boat in the next day or so, where she will settle into life in prison while Smith, the former attorney general of Belize, appeals to the Supreme Court to overturn the decision.

EXCLUSIVE: Socialite dubbed the 'Queen' of the swanky Belize hotel she operates with her husband could soon be swapping her idyllic surroundings for a squalid cell in a jail dubbed one of the 'toughest in the world' Canadian socialite Jasmine Hartin to be moved to Belize Central Prison | Daily Mail Online

Nicknamed the 'Hattieville Ramada', it currently houses 1,041 prisoners, many of whom are forced to wait months or even years for trial, in austere, concrete cellblocks, undergoing strict religious instruction.

As of today they had one sole Caucasian inmate, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Her influential attorney Godfrey Smith implored a magistrate in San Pedro, the island's only town, to release her during a closed-doors arraignment Sunday but the official sided with cops who said she was a major flight risk.

Hartin will be transferred to the Belizean mainland by plane or boat in the next day or so, where she will settle into life in prison while Smith, the former attorney general of Belize, appeals to the Supreme Court to overturn the decision.

Mainland Belize in the summer in a women's prison.

Ugh.

No A/C No ice for drinks. Lots of bugs. Lots of rough rough characters.

They'll have to send her there for the legal proceedings, at least. In her very best interest to make a plea deal. She is, indeed, a very real flight risk.

Last edited:
Thanks @Seni , I couldn’t see if she had handcuffs or not because of the plastic bag she was carrying .

• A source told DailyMail.com: 'We made sure she was in handcuffs. There was no special treatment. He was our friend'

This whole story is bizarre... JMO...

But I really have no clue why a person would be giving a friend a massage...
(Lover... yes...
But a friend?!? )

Not trying to imply anything specifically here...
Exactly. The information that he was not working and out trying to handle personal problems just sound so suspicious to me. Perhaps he was breaking off a relationship and she lost it, JMO and nothing more.

1. How did she know he was on the island?

2. Is there a drug screen completed on him? will it be positive for cocaine?

3. Who supplies her with cocaine, assuming it's true she was using?

4. And yes, why was he transfered off the island to the mainland.

GRUNCHING...

is the cocaine simply something they found on her after her arrest and then leveraged that into getting more cooperation from her?

or, could this death be partially about cocaine? it seems not........ and i gather from reading it might have been a careless accident?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back