Blood Aboard the "Yacht"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I wondered about the blood thing, when the owner of the Charter "accepted" the answer in yesterday's article.

First of all, the head in that sailboat drains to a holding tank. The boat appears to be a Benneteau, and the layout diagram is here, according to speculation by the Hamilton Spec that this is indeed the boat rented:

The head is located starboard, directly adjacent to the cabin, in the rear of the boat. The charter owner would not have been able to miss the girl, if she was sleeping in that cabin. He must have assumed she was sleeping in the v-birth, in the bow (front) of the boat. Not many people sleep in the v-birth, when the main cabin is empty.

There are a few different styles of heads in these types of sailboats. If the mechanics were broken, it likely wasn't the pump style of toilet.

Interesting that Millard chose a Sailboat to entertain 2 ladies. The engine is rarely used on a sailboat, if at all, if the sailor is experienced. No motor equals no engine time, thus impossible to track how far he went and where.

b321layout.jpg

beneteau321.jpg

B_321_8.jpg

B_321_1.jpg

http://www.discoveryyachtcharters.com/Beneteau321.html

B321_6.jpg

LOA 32.70, LWL 29.0, Beam 11.30, Draft 4.3, Water 70gal, Fuel 30gal, Berths 6, Heads 1

Great sailing well equipped and very popular two cabin yacht. Autopilot, full instrument package, chart plotter, dodger and bimini, roller furling main and jib, refrigeration, XM satellite radio.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3241951-millard-s-bloody-yacht-rental-probed-by-opp/

I hope I'm not breaking rules - won't name names or anything, but does anyone remember pics of DM and friends on a boat from August of 2011? I wonder if it was the same one?

I hope I'm not breaking rules - won't name names or anything, but does anyone remember pics of DM and friends on a boat from August of 2011? I wonder if it was the same one?

I don't think so, that looks like Toronto Harbour and he rented the boat (sailboat) in Manitoulin.

No, I wouldn't think so. Fish blood isn't really like "blood". It's more like sticky-icky, slimey, scaley, wet bloody. The repairman, who is among my acquaintances, would know the difference between cleaning fish and real blood.

Maybe he cut his hand and showed the wound. Who knows?

In my experience, fish blood looks like human blood...

What a lame excuse DM gave for the blood to be present. If I knew 2 people had gone out on a boat, and I spent time on that boat fixing something and SAW BLOOD, I'm pretty sure I'd make sure I saw 2 people before I left. How many stories have there been over the years of couples going sailing and only one person coming back??

To Mali and all of our new members...

:welcome4:

Thanks, even more interesting info! Wonder why he ended the excursion earlier than planned.

"After Millard decided to call off his 10-day trip early, Blodgett said the man unpacked the boat and visited him a final time to ask if he might be able to get a refund for the remaining days. Blodgett said he’d think about it, and Millard left."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...boat_rented_by_dellan_millard_owner_says.html

The story about the blood is changing by the hour ... bad reporting or confused person?

"....There was some confusion Wednesday after an OPP officer told several news outlets, including the Star, that Toronto police were involved, as was a missing person. That information is false, according to Hillman and Toronto police. The OPP is following up on the report given Millard’s involvement, Hillman said.... "

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/30/tim_bosma_i_saw_a_large_amount_of_blood_around_boat_rented_by_dellan_millard_owner_says.html

Timing of August 2011 doesn't match up with LB going missing in 2012. Not to say that this can't be tied to another missing person, but obviously there have been some inaccuracies reported in this developing story...

I knew this story would rapidly morph after the first article I read. In that article, Blogett was quoted as saying a "quantity" of blood.

Now it's:

bloody yacht
large amount of blood
blood drops
small droplets of blood

All this is, is journalists trying to make it as macabre as possible. As if this case isn't already wicked enough.

Either way, the explanation DM supposedly gave is 100% bull. The fact that the yacht owner/rental guy bought it, makes me wonder what's wrong with him. When I mentioned it to my hubby (who is married to a girl and has 6 daughters) his eyebrow went up. I wont tell you what he said, but suffice it say, I think most men know most girls don't leave droplets laying around, ever, for any reason.

Must have been a really bad situation for a man to use that for an excuse for the blood.

I mean think about it. Most men would have said fish blood, I stepped on a pop top/beer top. In fact, even if it was menstrual blood, most men would have said it was something else out of respect for the female and common civility.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-millard/article12258800/#dashboard/follows/

This article says that the boat was "anchored in a secluded area" when the repairman arrived. That makes it even stranger to know that the female was not seen by the repairman. He would have arrived by motorboat, which surely would have alerted her had she been sleeping. From earlier reports, I assumed that they were tied at the dock, and she might have gone off on a wee shopping trip onshore, but if they were anchored, they were out in the water, so shopping is not likely the case.

Does anyone know what the sanitation situation is in a boat like this? Is the waste emptied out on land with a hose attached to a tank or truck? Can it be dumped out into the water? What I am getting at is if there was a lot of "washing up" or biomatter like blood or worse being disposed of would that be detectable at all?

I knew this story would rapidly morph after the first article I read. In that article, Blogett was quoted as saying a "quantity" of blood.

Now it's:

bloody yacht
large amount of blood
blood drops
small droplets of blood

All this is, is journalists trying to make it as macabre as possible. As if this case isn't already wicked enough.

Either way, the explanation DM supposedly gave is 100% bull. The fact that the yacht owner/rental guy bought it, makes me wonder what's wrong with him. When I mentioned it to my hubby (who is married to a girl and has 6 daughters) his eyebrow went up. I wont tell you what he said, but suffice it say, I think most men know most girls don't leave droplets laying around, ever, for any reason.
No offence to some of the men but typically as soon as you mention period they don't really want more details IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member