Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary456 said:
I agree, Dani. Not a word about the jeans - except that they were collected - was mentioned during the trial by either side...my guess is that the prosecution & defense concluded that they had no evidentiary value. In fact, both sides could have tested the jeans...we don't really know, because they weren't admitted into evidence.

As far as what it says on Darlie's website, well, I'm very skeptical ;) John Rolater told the Dallas Morning News (8/04) that "in September 2002, the district attorney's office offered to have evidence tested by an agreed-upon expert, but the defense did not accept the offer...in October 2002, the court granted an order giving the defense access to evidence, but the defense never followed up on the order." Stephen Cooper called the prosecution claims "an absolute lie."

It all depends on which side you believe.

Hum . . . ummmmmmmm . . . which side do I believe :waitasec: :waitasec: . . . hard to pick a side, but I guess I go with the prosecution. :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
The time for presenting new evidence has passed.

Why has it passed? I think if there is evidence that there should never be a time frame on that. If he has something to do with this crime than he needs to be brought up on those charges as well.

AlwaysHope said:
Why has it passed? I think if there is evidence that there should never be a time frame on that. If he has something to do with this crime than he needs to be brought up on those charges as well.

She has had ample opportunity (in fact YEARS more than she should have) to provide evidence. There is nothing new. Do you think its fair to allow people to just sit around death row indefinately because something "might pop up?" There are time limits involved or the appeals would be neverending. I think the 20 years that most murderers spend on death row leaves AMPLE time for them to test evidence. Right now, she's on the habeas corpus appeal. That is in place for the courts to deal with constitutional violations and/or errors.

I think if there is evidence that there should never be a time frame on that. If he has something to do with this crime than he needs to be brought up on those charges as well.
Technically, I would assume if the prosecution really thought Darin was heavily involved in the murder of the boys, they could probably try him for Devon's murder (please forgive me if I've gotten the boys' names reversed). However, my guess is the prosecution is quite comfortable that they got the worst culprit in the first trial. Yes, it's possible Darin did some of the cover-up of the crimes, but I don't think he did either of the murders. Thus, IMO, there's no reason for another trial because the real murderer is behind bars on Death Row. Proving Darin did much of anything would be a huge shouting match between "he said" and "she said". I doubt the truth would ever come out if it's left to the two of them. Another thing to consider is the huge cost of these trials. They cost millions. The taxpayers might not be interested in footing the bill just to prove Darin helped in a cover up. I'm assuming Darin lives in his own kind of hell every day. After all, he lost everything... his wife is on Death Row, his two older sons died, he lost his home and his business, and his third son, Drake, is being partially raised by Darin's parents. There isn't a whole lot left to take from Darin except his freedom... and the huge cost involved may not justify it in the Court's mind.

I agree with everything yall are saying, but in my opinion, if he had ANYTHING to do with the cover up, his butt needs jail time. :banghead: I do think he was involved.

Goody said:
I have mixed feelings about Darin. One way I look at him, I am convinced he is exactly as you say part of the whole thing. Other ways I look at him, I see him as involved in only the cover up (though I admit the more I learn about them, the less this makes sense). And still other ways I look at him, I think he might have just been in shock that night after stumbling onto the scene, totally innocent of any participation.

But I agree with you. I would love to see the jeans tested and the results made public.
Like to jump in here, I have always thought Darin hiredf a hit on darlie and things went all wrong she survived and two kids were killed. But I could be wrong.:dance:

speedymama said:
Like to jump in here, I have always thought Darin hiredf a hit on darlie and things went all wrong she survived and two kids were killed. But I could be wrong.:dance:
It wouldn't shock me that Darin would hire a inept hit man that has to slaughter two kids to get to the wife, but I just don't think the evidence at the scene supports any kind of intruder(s).

HeartofTexas said:
LOL! I'm SHOCKED it took this long for Darlie to throw him under the bus. It definitely points to her desperation level. Somewhere in that little pea brain of her's she's decided she's not going down alone... and now she thinks she's going to take him down with her. I'm not sure what any of the ramifications of Darin finally telling the truth would be, but I can see Darin reaching a 10-year boiling point and exploding with what really happened that night. My guess is Darlie's playing with fire because I've never believed for one minute that anyone but Darlie did it... so the most Darin could ever admit to is him helping to cover it up. Therefore, the blame still falls directly back on Darlie for the murders, which should allow her to be executed right on time! And, once Darin blurts out that Darlie actually committed the murders, Darlie could very easily lose all of the support she has. All in all, it sounds like things could get pretty interesting!

Absolutely! Someone on another forum has posted that Darin has a new love and that he and Darlie are no more.

speedymama said:

If he did, he hired Darlie to kill the two boys.

Yeah BUT, we're hungry right now! So feed us soon! (kidding...)

Actually, part of me is glad Darin is moving on. Next summer will be 10 years since this all happened. Darin devoted a large part of his life to this tragedy and defending Darlie, even if she didn't deserve it. If he can find a way to get his life back on track and perhaps find a little happiness, I say go for it. Darlie is the biggest dead weight or albatross around someone's neck you could hope to find. And don't get me wrong... I never found Darin to be much of a catch either... he was far too obsessed with big *advertiser censored* and sexy women and was way too shallow for my taste. But I don't think he was a murderer, and there's no reason after so many years he doesn't deserve to free himself of the burden of the dreaded Darlie.

cami said:
LOL, when she/he dishes to me, I'll feed you.

Okay well that was disappointing. She read it on another forum!!! She said she googled and it was on several blogs! Darn, I thought I had a good source. What a let down.

This was on the CourtTv site. I guess if I am not allowed to mention the site you will remove this.

I found this ......It was around August 1998. I know it is old news, but I still found it intereting. I still think he is involved.

A few weeks ago, Pardo paid for Darin Routier to take a polygraph
examination, which he subsequently failed. Then Pardo leaked the results
to the press, which made great headlines. But observers and legal
experts worry that Pardo may have inadvertently undermined Darlie's case
by providing ammunition for the prosecution in case of a retrial

http://legalminds.lp.findlaw.com/list/deathpenalty/msg02033.html

speedymama said:
Well, please tell me why a hit man would go to his job without a weapon. Maybe he was still in training. The "hit man" defense is the least believable one of them all.

beesy said:
Well, please tell me why a hit man would go to his job without a weapon. Maybe he was still in training. The "hit man" defense is the least believable one of them all.

Yeah and how could things go wrong. Darlie was asleep on the couch according to her, all he would have had to do was drive that knife deep into her chest or back like he did the boys.

And let's not forget the very tricky situation where the hit man finds some extra sneaky way to break in but then decides to take a knife from the knife rack, then goes back to the window outside and cuts the screen so it looks like he really came in that way, then puts the knife back in the rack, and then goes about his business.

beesy said:
I agree. The intruder, as flimsy as that story is, is stronger than the hit man theory. Besides, what hit man would kill the kids first? That defies all logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012