Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get my head around why police initially said a neighbor heard something and called police, then at trial the issue of hearing something wasn't even mentioned. Was it the sound of someone mudbogging in a field, or just a story? I don't think we'll find out. It could be a different neighbor.

On the matter of the trailer being backed up to the garage door, it's not that unusual, if someone is moving or whatever, to back up to a garage if it's a rear door trailer, to prevent theft. Backing up so close that you hit something gets attention. This trailer had side doors, too, so what good would backing up do? It was done to hide the licence plate. The trailer wasn't overhanging the sidewalk, IIRC.

The story does appear to have been different in 2013 than it is in 2016.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...rs-shocked-by-discovery-of-tim-bosma-s-truck/

Didn't the reporter notice that the trailer from the photo was the one in the driveway???? So the neighbour phones it in.

This is the guy with the photos from next door out his window, BTW. On twitter.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...lling-tim-bosma-continues-this-afternoon.html

The reporter likely DID notice but didn't want to call it in to explain how they searched to find MB's house to bug her for a sound bite about her son being arrested and why they had been sleuthing pics of DM online in his friend's facebook accounts prior to going there. Reporters like to get the scoop and report stories, they don't necessarily like to be part of them. LOL

So they went to a neighbour and said..."Hey buddy, you see that big a$$ trailer in your neighbour's driveway? Doesn't it look like this one here in this picture with that guy who was arrested in the Tim Bosma case? You think there might be something to it?" And voila, neighbour calls and reporter gets the exclusive on the scene scoop without having to be questioned as a witness. ;)

MOO

The reporter likely DID notice but didn't want to call it in to explain how they searched to find MB's house to bug her for a sound bite about her son being arrested and why they had been sleuthing pics of DM online prior to going there. Reporters like to get the scoop and report stories, they don't necessarily like to be part of them. LOL

So they went to a neighbour and said..."Hey buddy, you see that big a$$ trailer in your neighbour's driveway? Doesn't it look like this one here in this picture with that guy who was arrested in the Tim Bosma case? You think there might be something to it?" And voila, neighbour calls and reporter gets the exclusive on the scene scoop without having to be questioned as a witness. ;)

MOO

Could have anonymously called Crimestoppers.IMO

Could have anonymously called Crimestoppers.IMO

He/she could have, but that would have taken longer. They were there on DM's moms street at the time....talk about being first on the scene of "breaking news" of finding TB's truck!!!!

x1k6bq.png

Good video here

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-6/

Okay maybe the reporter didn't notice it was the same trailer .... or just hoped the neighbour would by showing him the picture. I can't believe the reporter didn't walk up to MB's door first to speak with her and walk right past the trailer. Or maybe they wanted to confirm with the neighbour first that they had the right house. Either way, they were sleuthing his friend's facebook accounts prior to going there. Way to go CP24 LOL

On that morning, a Sunday, Frank Cianfarani got a knock on his door on Tinsmith Court, an affluent little nook in Kleinburg.

From the witness stand, Cianfarani told the court that he opened his door to a reporter from CP24, a Toronto TV news station.

The reporter asked him to take a look at a photo on his cellphone. Was this Dellen Millard? Did Cianfarani recognize him as the son of Madeleine Burns who lived next door?

Cianfarani remembered Millard had lived with his mother for a year or two. It had been five or six years since he had seen him. So he wasn't sure if it was him.

But something else in the photo caught his attention. In the background was a large trailer, the kind you haul vehicles in. And that same trailer had mysteriously showed up in Burns' driveway late Thursday night.

Cianfarani called the police, who would find Tim's truck inside the trailer. It was a critical tip that was prompted by a reporter hitting the ground and doing their job.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6270718-clairmont-press-snooping-helped-discover-bosma-truck/

The story does appear to have been different in 2013 than it is in 2016.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...rs-shocked-by-discovery-of-tim-bosma-s-truck/

Thanks for the reminder. :) I guess he wasn't too suspicious of it until the news showed up. Although really, that's the only part he left out of his original story - that it wasn't until after a reporter showed up that he noticed and talked to the neighbours to try to decide if they should call the police. Everybody wants to be a hero when the cameras start rolling. lol

This picture does not seem to be consistent with the others. I see a wooden fence between properties in this one but not in the others. and this shot the trailer seems to be pretty tight to the left of the drive. Could be just the zoom.. JMO

I see the wooden fence in both pictures. Just one is taken from the other side.

Okay maybe the reporter didn't notice it was the same trailer .... or just hoped the neighbour would by showing him the picture. I can't believe the reporter didn't walk up to MB's door first to speak with her and walk right past the trailer. Or maybe they wanted to confirm with the neighbour first that they had the right house. Either way, they were sleuthing his friend's facebook accounts prior to going there. Way to go CP24 LOL

On that morning, a Sunday, Frank Cianfarani got a knock on his door on Tinsmith Court, an affluent little nook in Kleinburg.

From the witness stand, Cianfarani told the court that he opened his door to a reporter from CP24, a Toronto TV news station.

The reporter asked him to take a look at a photo on his cellphone. Was this Dellen Millard? Did Cianfarani recognize him as the son of Madeleine Burns who lived next door?

Cianfarani remembered Millard had lived with his mother for a year or two. It had been five or six years since he had seen him. So he wasn't sure if it was him.

But something else in the photo caught his attention. In the background was a large trailer, the kind you haul vehicles in. And that same trailer had mysteriously showed up in Burns' driveway late Thursday night.

Cianfarani called the police, who would find Tim's truck inside the trailer. It was a critical tip that was prompted by a reporter hitting the ground and doing their job.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6270718-clairmont-press-snooping-helped-discover-bosma-truck/

Now this makes more sense with the original story from the neighbour. This sounds like the reporter didn't even notice or clue in to the trailer. Just wanted to talk about DM and MB.

Thanks for the reminder. :) I guess he wasn't too suspicious of it until the news showed up. Although really, that's the only part he left out of his original story - that it wasn't until after a reporter showed up that he noticed and talked to the neighbours to try to decide if they should call the police. Everybody wants to be a hero when the cameras start rolling. lol

Or maybe, once he realized how the trailer in his neighbor's driveway was connected to the missing man ALL OVER THE NEWS, he was clearly compelled to phone the police? To assume he just wanted to look noble for the media is truly rather insulting. Not cool at all.

Or maybe, once he realized how the trailer in his neighbor's driveway was connected to the missing man ALL OVER THE NEWS, he was clearly compelled to phone the police? To assume he just wanted to look noble for the media is truly rather insulting. Not cool at all.

Yeah, I guess you missed my next post. He just wasn't aware of the news until the reporter showed up. And the reporter just missed the trailer.

Yeah, I guess you missed my next post. He just wasn't aware of the news until the reporter showed up. And the reporter just missed the trailer.

I didn't miss it. You're doing a lot of presupposing what the witness knew or didn't know at the moment that knock came on his door. DM was arrested on the 11th and the reporter showed on the 12th. It is entirely possible the witness hadn't even seen/heard the developing news that day to connect his neighbor's grown son with the Bosma case. Not everyone follows the news the same way. This witness said he hadn't even seen DM in 5 years or more so why would he even assume the big trailer had anything to do with anything - other than seeming out of place (which certainly isn't a crime)? The guy spoke to the reporter and possibly had a "holy crap" moment and realized what he was looking at & phoned the police.

100% speculative of course - since I wasn't there. Just guessing of course, but I see no reason to assume he used the media for his personal gain as was implied.

moo - etc.

We also lack access to Frank's entire interview. He could've at some point mentioned he was alerted by reporters and/or news on TV, but the author might've been responsible for editing his story to fit a more succinct article. Either way, it's a minor quibble of a detail that Frank clarified for the record today.

The number of ordinary folks appearing before court makes me slightly more appreciative of concerned neighbours (read: sometimes nosy, haha - I'm guilty of this too) who are attuned to what's going in the community. Curious to see who's up next to testify tomorrow.

Hamilton police put in production orders for six phone numbers in this case, court heard: one belonging to Dellen Millard and one belonging to his girlfriend, Christina Noudga; two belonging to Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses (one of them, a prepaid account); one of them belonging to Millardair employee Shane Schlatman; and one belonging to Theresa Michalski. Andrew Michalski was Millard's roommate at the time.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6270089-trail-of-bosma-s-truck-led-to-millard-s-mother-s-house/

I suspect we'll hear more about this tomorrow (and in the weeks and months to come) but all the tweets from today clearly state the Crown was focusing on DM's phone records specifically for May 6th. I think what will really be telling is the phone ping info for MM's number and CN's number on that day. I think that's going to answer a lot of questions.

Defense doesn't have a lot to work with.

They do not.
Curious to know if the jury is unable to find either man guilty of FDM can the jury find them guilty of a lesser charge like second degree or manslaughter?

We also lack access to Frank's entire interview. He could've at some point mentioned he was alerted by reporters and/or news on TV, but the author might've been responsible for editing his story to fit a more succinct article. Either way, it's a minor quibble of a detail that Frank clarified for the record today.

The number of ordinary folks appearing before court makes me slightly more appreciative of concerned neighbours (read: sometimes nosy, haha - I'm guilty of this too) who are attuned to what's going in the community. Curious to see who's up next to testify tomorrow.

Welcome Wollander77 :welcome:

I am also curious to see where we're possibly going with the cell phone information tomorrow.

They do not.
Curious to know if the jury is unable to find either man guilty of FDM can the jury find them guilty of a lesser charge like second degree or manslaughter?

Welcome tommyR :welcome:

We have been pondering this question for a while. We do not know at this time what the instructions will be to the jury but I'd have to assume that they would have more options than just 1st degree murder or acquittal.

MOO

I didn't miss it. You're doing a lot of presupposing what the witness knew or didn't know at the moment that knock came on his door. DM was arrested on the 11th and the reporter showed on the 12th. It is entirely possible the witness hadn't even seen/heard the developing news that day to connect his neighbor's grown son with the Bosma case. Not everyone follows the news the same way. This witness said he hadn't even seen DM in 5 years or more so why would he even assume the big trailer had anything to do with anything - other than seeming out of place (which certainly isn't a crime)? The guy spoke to the reporter and possibly had a "holy crap" moment and realized what he was looking at & phoned the police.

100% speculative of course - since I wasn't there. Just guessing of course, but I see no reason to assume he used the media for his personal gain as was implied.

moo - etc.

Um, that's what I said after watching the video - he wasn't aware until the reporter showed up. BTW he was arrested on the 10th. HTH

Found the pics ....these are the one's that we saw a few years ago

View attachment 88867

View attachment 88868
DM definitely wins the "parking a trailer closest to a structure" trophy. The first time I saw the trailer in the driveway, I thought the driveway was just long enough for the trailer, but now I realize that there was lots of real estate there and IMO, LE were correct in thinking that it was parked to avoid the access to the rear door of the trailer and plate. IIRC, there are reports that MB was not home when LE arrived, but if she does testify, I'm looking forward to finding out exactly what she thought if she did see it parked there or was she actually home that night and what excuse did DM giver her? If we do hear from her, her testimony will be very interesting.
I've been thinking that DM caught wind from SS that AJ had identified the trailer on the evening of the 9th, but DM cancelling his paint job during business hours on the 9th makes me think that perhaps he had his eye or video on AJ and knew he had snapped the pics or AJ's wife had told her daughter of AJ's concerns before the family meeting on the 9th.

"The shop owner testified that one of the accused called on May 8th to arrange a rush paint job, but cancelled the order the next day"
http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/87612

Unknown to DM, LE were closing in him with the cell phone tracks, but IMO, DM became aware of the actions of AJ on the Wednesday, throwing DM off his game plan and that's when he started to mess up. Hide the trailer, hide the incinerator, hide the gun and don't forget to snag the gloves on the way out the door. I'm thinking that if he could have towed that incinerator to Kleinburg and put it in MB's garage he would have. LE is lucky that DM couldn't work rationally under pressure. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven