Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't miss it. You're doing a lot of presupposing what the witness knew or didn't know at the moment that knock came on his door. DM was arrested on the 11th and the reporter showed on the 12th. It is entirely possible the witness hadn't even seen/heard the developing news that day to connect his neighbor's grown son with the Bosma case. Not everyone follows the news the same way. This witness said he hadn't even seen DM in 5 years or more so why would he even assume the big trailer had anything to do with anything - other than seeming out of place (which certainly isn't a crime)? The guy spoke to the reporter and possibly had a "holy crap" moment and realized what he was looking at & phoned the police.

100% speculative of course - since I wasn't there. Just guessing of course, but I see no reason to assume he used the media for his personal gain as was implied.

moo - etc.

Yep, they were both connecting dots. The reporter may have seen the trailer, but never considered that it had just shown up. The neighbour may have been fully aware of the case (all of us that live locally were), but the woman he knew didn't go by Millard and the son hadn't been seen in years. When the reporter shows up, it clicks! Thats the same guy, then the realization that the trailer had just mysteriously shown up. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is probably related.

He/she could have, but that would have taken longer. They were there on DM's moms street at the time....talk about being first on the scene of "breaking news" of finding TB's truck!!!!

Right there at the right time to see the truck, right after it arrives there. Interesting.

First time poster but have been a lurker since the very beginning of this case.

I'm not sure if they would notice. I have a farm and we do hunt on it as do our neighbours (those with permission) and I also live very close to a gun club. I can tell if someone's shooting something like a 12 gauge because it's very loud but the difference between a .22 and a hand gun would be difficult to tell i think. Just my opinion

:wagon: .... sending a welcome out to tiggertoo. :)

Right there at the right time to see the truck, right after it arrives there. Interesting.

Not really what I'd call interesting, more embarrassing for LE IMO. CP24 used the same info available to police to find that trailer, I guess the just wanted more.

Trailer arrived Thurs, DM arrested Friday and reporter showed up Sun.....imo that's not "right after the truck arrived". Do you think he was tipped off by someone and didn't just dig up that MB was DM's mom? My guess is they went to get background on DM in earlier years and from sleuthing FB (like we all did) found pics of DM....one happened to have the trailer in it (the one with SS and Mohawk DM) and the lightbulbs started going off.

IIRC, people were looking for TB's truck and had no idea that there was a trailer involved, so IMHO, why would anyone suspect it? AJ was the one that told LE after he was fired on the 10th that the trailer disappeared with the truck he had seen. LE did not release this information in their presser on the 11th when they announced that DM had been arrested.

https://youtu.be/-n5kZmEJm1w

So, when the reporter showed up on Tinsmith Crt it was because they had tracked down DM's mom's place- probably by googling all things Millard & Millardair. IMO, she wasn't hard for them to find. The press wouldn't have had a clue but fortunate for all, the pic the press was using was the "Mohawk" one, taken in front of the trailer. IMO, it's pretty funny that a reporter could be so focused on getting the scoop about the family and the guy with the hair that they didn't even notice the trailer. The investigation is lucky that the neighbour did. I don't think our resident investigative crime journalist ABro would have missed that one. MOO

And now that I think about it more, I don't think most people would automatically think that a trailer was actually hiding a truck. They may get suspicious once they start to connect the dots, but IMO, they certainly wouldn't call the police because a neighbour had a trailer parked in their driveway- Municipal By-law maybe- but not the cops. LE didn't announce the arrest until Saturday and IMO, since MB kept to herself many neighbours may not even have related their neighbour to DM. MOO

It's not interesting at all. It was 2 days after he was arrested. It is a reporter doing what reporters do. Canvas the area of where parents live to get some info on DM.

On second thought it must've be the reporter who put the trailer there to frame DM in order to get a story *sarcasm*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, they were both connecting dots. The reporter may have seen the trailer, but never considered that it had just shown up. The neighbour may have been fully aware of the case (all of us that live locally were), but the woman he knew didn't go by Millard and the son hadn't been seen in years. When the reporter shows up, it clicks! Thats the same guy, then the realization that the trailer had just mysteriously shown up. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is probably related.

I am finding it very hard to believe that a reporter would go to the home of the mother of the man accused of stealing a truck and forcible confinement and see a large trailer in her driveway and not notice that it was at least similar to the trailer he was showing pictures of to the neighbours. He knew the trailer in the photos could fit a large vehicle inside, as that is what the photos depicted, and he knew that was the mothers house. How bad of a reporter would you have to be not to put those two things together, I wonder?

I'm thinking Smich was using her phone because he didn't have one or it was his phone and registered to her because she had a credit card. The other was a burner phone she got for him. Likely for selling drugs. She is probably young and naive. Maybe wanted some street credit

Is it just me or are a lot of the guys involved here unable to buy their own cell phones for some reason? That seems a little odd to me, considering it can't just be a credit issue if they are using pay as you go phones.

I think it's young girls who get excitement to be part of that gangster lifestyle. They don't realize these guys are having them do it so they take the fall. I grew up with enough weasels that would do whatever it takes to ensure their identity was protected and someone else takes the fall.

Do they need a warrant to break into a trailer when a missing person is believed to be locked up in said trailer on private property? I guess not? This would be an emergency.

There are some elements to this part of the story that don't add up to me.

First of all, it seems everyone in Ontario knew TB was missing and was looking for him, except for the York Regional Police? Why wasn't the officer already looking for Tim, this testimony makes it seem like they were unaware that it related to a missing person report until later.

Secondly, if I am reported missing and you find my vehicle at a house, please search that house, just in case I may be there, even if no one is home. And please don't take hours waiting for bolt cutters, and then take even longer to remove the evidence and analysis it looking for clues to my whereabouts.

One of the things I find so curious about this case is how so many people (locally) followed it so closely because it all just felt FAR too familiar. TB was an everyday guy, doing everyday stuff. Family man, selling stuff on kijiji, likely shopped at Canadian Tire, just regular stuff like so many of us. Then there's SB. :) She reminds me of my sister so much it's bizarre. Those of us following here in that first week/month/year connected those dots a heck of a lot faster than those just seeing snippets on their social media feeds or favorite news sites when they had time to login. (I did mistype DM's arrest date but by the time I realized it I couldn't fix it).

I am finding it very hard to believe that a reporter would go to the home of the mother of the man accused of stealing a truck and forcible confinement and see a large trailer in her driveway and not notice that it was at least similar to the trailer he was showing pictures of to the neighbours. He knew the trailer in the photos could fit a large vehicle inside, as that is what the photos depicted, and he knew that was the mothers house. How bad of a reporter would you have to be not to put those two things together, I wonder?
IMO, that's easy to say in hindsight- after all, now we do know what was in the trailer. IMHO, even if the trailer was the same one that was in the pic, it would only really mean that they had the right place- DM's trailer- DM's mom's house.

The ONLY people that we know of who knew the truck MAY HAVE BEEN in a trailer was AJ & LE, simply because the trailer disappeared when the truck did and AJ had seen tracks leading out to it. This had not been announced and IIRC, we didn't know about the trailer until LE announced they had found the truck in the trailer. Heck, we didn't even know about DM until May 11th! HOWEVER, IMHO, if MB knew LE were fast on the heels of DM, she may have been a tad bit suspicious of a trailer showing up in her driveway- but then again, if she wasn't even home, she would never have known-however we've heard that the neighbour put the dots together once he saw a picture from the reporter after DM was arrested.
This is why we have to wait for the evidence to unfold and get the answers from the facts. Speculation only serves to confuse us. MOO

Is it just me or are a lot of the guys involved here unable to buy their own cell phones for some reason? That seems a little odd to me, considering it can't just be a credit issue if they are using pay as you go phones.

IMO a "burner" phone isn't something most law-abiding citizens even think of. You buy a burner phone to protect your identity.....so unless you are wearing a tin-foil hat, usually means you are doing something illegal that you don't want anyone to be able to trace back to you.

Sharlene Bosma's appeal, IMO, was crafted with help from police, specifically to appeal to the people on the periphery of this crime. It worked. AJ is a self-described family man and devoted grandfather. The appeal was so effective that AJ was sickened.

It was never intended to appeal to people who have no conscience.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/2557918--our-daughter-needs-her-daddy-says-tearful-sharlene-bosma

But not so effective that he came forward until after DM was contacted by police. Personally I don't see anything heroic in coming forward after the fact, to me that just sounds like someone trying to cover their own butt.

My opinion only.

There are some elements to this part of the story that don't add up to me.

First of all, it seems everyone in Ontario knew TB was missing and was looking for him, except for the York Regional Police? Why wasn't the officer already looking for Tim, this testimony makes it seem like they were unaware that it related to a missing person report until later.

Secondly, if I am reported missing and you find my vehicle at a house, please search that house, just in case I may be there, even if no one is home. And please don't take hours waiting for bolt cutters, and then take even longer to remove the evidence and analysis it looking for clues to my whereabouts.
Juballee- would LE not have to get proper search warrants for a search on MB's house because all they were working with was a trailer parked in her driveway. IMO, I can understand them entering the trailer because they had just arrested the "ADULT" CEO of the company that owned the truck and thought that perhaps TB was in it, but IMHO, because Tinsmith Crt was not DM's address, they would have to obtain the usual search warrants for the house. Anyone around that can give any insight into search warrants? MOO

Juballee- would LE not have to get proper search warrants for a search on MB's house because all they were working with was a trailer parked in her driveway. IMO, I can understand them entering the trailer because they had just arrested the "ADULT" CEO of the company that owned the truck and thought that perhaps TB was in it, but IMHO, because Tinsmith Crt was not DM's address, they would have to obtain the usual search warrants for the house. Anyone around that can give any insight into search warrants? MOO

Well I'm no expert on it (nor do I play one on WS) but there are some really important protocols LE absolutely MUST follow in any kind of case they're working on. I know there are exceptions and exemptions in certain things but even those have to be followed to the letter. I know it's rather trendy these days to second-guess every move LE makes (and sometimes it's deserved) but it does get rather tiring to see. I think many of us scrutinize how everything was handled in light of the way Tim was murdered. At the time that trailer was in MB's driveway, no one knew what we know now. It's really easy to look back and go "well why didn't they do this, this and that other thing?!" (As if they even knew TO do those things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther