Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gunshot residue tests are used to dab a specific area in the vehicle, and attempt to get the residue to adhere to the sticky pad on the test, Banks says.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

The drivers door and passenger door were tested for gunshot residue, Banks says. He wasn't wearing a gun at the time, he says, nor was anyone else in the vicinity.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

The dashboard area was also tested for GSR.

Banks had to try to avoid places where blood stains were, he says.

The ceiling on the driver's side was also tested for GSR.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

The seat backs were also tested.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Assistant Crown Tony Leitch now asking about decals that had been removed from the tailgate of the truck.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

"Some of the areas look like they'd been filled in with filler. Almost all of the areas looked like they'd been sanded," Banks says. There were no signs of forced entry, he says.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

Investigators used the VIN number on the truck to get the dealership to cut a key.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Didn't we hear that SS ordered sanding discs (or something) from NAPA in the days following Tim's murder?

As I'm looking at the photos of the house, there seems to be a strange disconnect in style/decorating. The only uniting factor is the mess in every room.

The basement paneling looks like it's painted black and the carpet is black, with 80s-looking sconces. Maybe it was done as a party room, or movie theatre type space?

The master bedroom looks like someone actually cared about it at one point. Nice, updated mouldings and colour, with pictures on the walls (I'm actually shocked that the frames are all hung straight - doesn't fit with the unkept look).

Then the main floor office is a mishmash of 60s/70s furniture with nothing on the walls (but the moulding and floors seem to be updated).

MOO of course. :moo:

My guess is MB took all the good furnishings and DM and WM simply made do with what they had. MB is actually a decorator, so I'm sure that house was quite nice at some point, and the master bedroom reflects that.

Didn't we hear that SS ordered sanding discs (or something) from NAPA in the days following Tim's murder?

Why yes he did, along with the windshield replacement tool ;)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Photos now of 4 green tarps found in trailer and truck bed. One was cut in half.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Tarp cut in half had blood stains.

Ramps and boards found in trailer. Three footwear patterns found on boards...Seeing photo of burned truck seats. Corn husk stuck in corner.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 53s53 seconds ago
Seeing photos of interior of truck before any exams began.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Seeing rear seats flipped up, storage underneath. #Bosma

Mobile winch run by battery attached to inside of trailer to pull things into the trailer.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Backpack inside trailer containing "some childlike documents."

More photos inside truck cab. Front seats gone. #Bosma

Now looking at photos of the green tarps found in the back of Bosma's truck.
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

9fd22e33-6073-46ce-9c3e-8696761529f0.png
Here's a picture of one of the tarps. Four were found in total.

Court now seeing photos of the burned out seats that were found in the back of the trailer. A corn husk was found stuck in one of the seats, Banks says. "The corn husk was seized."
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

The jury has previously heard there were two burn sites in a corn field on Millard's farm, where The Eliminator incinerator was also found.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

Banks says some "child-like" documents were found in a backpack that was found in the trailer where Bosma's truck was found. He didn't elaborate as to what that meant.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

What do you think this means?

Court now hearing about the seizure of the shell casing. "When we originally did our photographs of the interior of the vehicle from the outside, there was no shell casing visible in the vehicle itself," Banks says.
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

My guess is MB took all the good furnishings and DM and WM simply made do with what they had. MB is actually a decorator, so I'm sure that house was quite nice at some point, and the master bedroom reflects that.

This is quite possible as well. DM also owned a condo in Toronto (before the one he had just bought at the time of the murder), a condo in Woodbridge and a house in Oakville (that appeared to be fully furnished in the real estate ads) at some point so it's also possible that furniture was being moved around a lot from one place to another. There was even a few pieces of furniture in the trailer when LE seized it.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Once the #TimBosma truck was out of the trailer, dets found a shelf stuffed full of furniture and boxes of paperwork

MOO

Photo shell case in rear seat area that wasn't observed at start of exam. "It was kind of a shock to all of us that it suddenly appeared."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
Seeing close-up of shell casing. Jury has seen this previously.

@susanclairmont what are childlike documents?
I have no idea.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Banks confirmed finger print identities on two prints found on truck. Jury know they were found to match Millard.

Now looking at photos of the green tarps found in the back of Bosma's truck.

View attachment 90082
Here's a picture of one of the tarps. Four were found in total.

Court now seeing photos of the burned out seats that were found in the back of the trailer. A corn husk was found stuck in one of the seats, Banks says. "The corn husk was seized."
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

The jury has previously heard there were two burn sites in a corn field on Millard's farm, where The Eliminator incinerator was also found.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

Banks says some "child-like" documents were found in a backpack that was found in the trailer where Bosma's truck was found. He didn't elaborate as to what that meant.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

What do you think this means?

Court now hearing about the seizure of the shell casing. "When we originally did our photographs of the interior of the vehicle from the outside, there was no shell casing visible in the vehicle itself," Banks says.
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

Child-like documents? Yeah, that's not the slightest bit creepy, considering there are a grand total of ZERO children connected to this case.

"Later on, we noticed a shell case had appeared in this particular area, and we realized it hadn't been there before," Banks says. He says he thought it might have come down from behind the seat back. Smich's lawyer objects, Justice Goodman says it's not in Banks' expertise to speculate as to where it came from.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

View attachment 90083
This is the shell casing. You can see where the firing pin hit the bullet.
by Adam Carter 10:56 AM

Now taking a five minute recess so the defence can set up for cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 10:58 AM

Child-like documents? Yeah, that's not the slightest bit creepy, considering there are a grand total of ZERO children connected to this case.

DM owned a rental property with 6 units. I would imagine there were times when a tenant moved out leaving things behind so that may explain the items in the trailer with no relevance to the trial? Although I thought Pillay was trying to pin this backpack on MS because there are a few pictures of him wearing one. Don't think he'd have the gun in there with some "childlike" documents.

MOO

You just know the defence is going to jump all over the "we found a shell casing that suddenly appeared" part....

....as in written...correction...printed by someone who never finished school or at the least did not master cursive writing as most adults still use. imho

....as in written...correction...printed by someone who never finished school or at the least did not master cursive writing as most adults still use. imho

For some reason I pictured drawing/crafts made by a child.... Does either DM or MS have nieces or nephews?

DM owned a rental property with 6 units. I would imagine there were times when a tenant moved out leaving things behind so that may explain the items in the trailer with no relevance to the trial? Although I thought Pillay was trying to pin this backpack on MS because there are a few pictures of him wearing one. Don't think he'd have the gun in there with some "childlike" documents.

MOO

So let's say someone with kids moved out, and DM went in to clean up (stop laughing, we all know DM can't clean up anything to save his life), why the heck take a back pack with "child-like documents" of all things, and then leave it in the trailer?

It truly makes NO sense.

So let's say someone with kids moved out, and DM went in to clean up (stop laughing, we all know DM can't clean up anything to save his life), why the heck take a back pack with "child-like documents" of all things, and then leave it in the trailer?

It truly makes NO sense.

Just a suggestion. It appears that DM (and the rest of them it seems) never threw ANYTHING away. Just threw it on a floor, in a corner, wherever it landed really.

If he had to clear out a unit, I could see him just getting one of his "employees" to throw everything in the trailer to be dealt with at a later time.

MOO

You just know the defence is going to jump all over the "we found a shell casing that suddenly appeared" part....

Glad the detective was able to get in the most obvious explanation before the objection...

"Later on, we noticed a shell case had appeared in this particular area, and we realized it hadn't been there before," Banks says. He says he thought it might have come down from behind the seat back. Smich's lawyer objects, Justice Goodman says it's not in Banks' expertise to speculate as to where it came from.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

MOO

For some reason I pictured drawing/crafts made by a child.... Does either DM or MS have nieces or nephews?

There are pics in yeterdays evidence pics showing DM pictured with younger kids...possibly 8yr Olds. Maybe cousins as he's the only child, so not nephew or nieces.

It truly makes NO sense.

But... but... I *can't* stop laughing! :giggle:

Back to the point, could it have belonged to TB's daughter? I would assume he would clear belongings out of the truck before test driving, though.

Jury being recalled. Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak about to cross-examine.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Sachak asks if Banks was "excited to return to Hamilton from Florida." "It had to be done," Banks says.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

Banks is retired, and had been there on vacation.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member