Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
#Millard is giving signature sardonic look to #Smich while his lawyer crosses officer. Smich ignores him #TimBosma

Had to look it up:

sar·don·ic / särˈdänik/
adjective
grimly mocking or cynical.
"Starkey attempted a sardonic smile"
synonyms: mocking, satirical, sarcastic, ironical, ironic;

I believe we have previously read of DM looking at MS and shaking his head when the shell casing was mentioned. We're obviously supposed to 'blame' MS for the existence of the shell casing in some sense or another, either that he shot TB or that he planted it, or both.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Banks confirms shell casing on floor under rear seat "as it is flipped up." Says he did not mean someone flipped seat up. Already like that.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak really drilling home the point that it was found on the rear passenger floor while seats were flipped up. Banks agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Now discussing way in which missing front seats would have been bolted into truck. A "hump" to which they attach.

I believe we have previously read of DM looking at MS and shaking his head when the shell casing was mentioned. We're obviously supposed to 'blame' MS for the existence of the shell casing in some sense or another, either that he shot TB or that he planted it, or both.

Or it was MS job to clean up and he missed it. IMO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
#Millard is giving signature sardonic look to #Smich while his lawyer crosses officer. Smich ignores him #TimBosma

It's almost like a game to DM!!

12b21c64-af11-4e5f-8987-4842c24ab782.png
Bosma now seeing this photo of the front of the cab of Bosma's truck, where the front seats were pulled out.
by Adam Carter 11:32 AM

It makes me think he tasked MS with making sure it was found and taken care of...which to me portrays guilt. I wonder if the jury has noticed this and what they make of it.

Not to mention that DM( and perhaps crew) had done a pathetic job stripping the truck down. IMO, that shell casing could have ended up there when DM was removing the front seats. MOO

Or it was MS job to clean up and he missed it. IMO

That was my gut interpretation the first day DM did the head-shaking routine, but in retrospect he would be implicating himself by acknowledging that there was anything to clean up that he personally had knowledge of.

Then again, we are seeing repeatedly that he's not the sharpest crayon in the drawer.

Good on MS for keeping his cool and ignoring all the attempts from DM to get him to even look in his direction. It must be tough.

**maybe if I shake my head in disappointment at MS every time the shell casing is brought up, the jury will notice and understand I am trying to blame him.**

Not to mention that DM( and perhaps crew) had done a pathetic job stripping the truck down. IMO, that shell casing could have ended up there when DM was removing the front seats. MOO

Its more than possible it was wedged between the upturned seat and all of the mucking around the Ident. team was doing jostled it loose. The fact it was found in MAY 2013 LONG before LE had any knowledge of the Walther is even more telling to me. The Walther was not discovered in photos until at least July 2013 and iirc nobody would be singing yet.

With all of the stripping, sanding, removal of seats etc. from the truck, it really is amazing that they missed the shall casing. Amazing, but not surprising. And a great lucky break for LE.

If for a moment a spent shell casing had fallen in the holes in the front portion of the cab, Sachak says, the hump there in the middle of that photo would have stopped it, Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 11:36 AM

Court now seeing a photo of the rear passenger side of Bosma's truck. Sachak appears to be attempting to show that a shell casing could not have rolled from the front of the truck to the back.
by Adam Carter 11:37 AM

"There appears to be an obstacle in the rear portion of the cab ... and two holes there?" Sachak says. "There's this crater or indentation, and this wall or ledge," Sachak says. Banks says yes.
by Adam Carter 11:38 AM

If an object, be it a "tennis ball or a golf ball or a spent shell casing" was to roll down from the front, it would have to crawl up a ledge, Sachak says. "It would have to negotiate that," Banks says. "It would have to negotiate a crater," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 11:40 AM

Further to the issue of " childlike documents" - Banks' wording here is significant. Something "childlike" is, by definition, something produced by someone who is NOT a child, just as "cat-like movements" are those of a being other than a cat. So we can rule out real children here; Banks would have used "childish" or "child's" if he were referring to something he actually believed was drawn or written by a child.

With respect to the printing vs cursive issue, French schools in France, and the Toronto French School here, do not teach young children printing. They are taught a French cursive script from the beginning, starting in Kindergarten. So DM probably never learned to print properly in English, and his cursive would look strange at best, as the letter formations are different and so are the joins.

Sachak suggesting the shell could not have rolled there is a joke. Of course it did not roll there, hopefully a firearm expert will refute this silly line of questions. The shell fired from the firearm pointed to the right regardless if front or back will eject a shell to the right at TOWARDS the back window. The shell could then get stuck behind the seat or in the seat and thus sloppy 'clean-up' failed to find and dispose of a key piece of evidence.

Now on morning recess for 20 minutes.
by Adam Carter 11:42 AM

Further to the issue of " childlike documents" - Banks' wording here is significant. Something "childlike" is, by definition, something produced by someone who is NOT a child, just as "cat-like movements" are those of a being other than a cat. So we can rule out real children here; Banks would have used "childish" or "child's" if he were referring to something he actually believed was drawn or written by a child.

With respect to the printing vs cursive issue, French schools in France, and the Toronto French School here, do not teach young children printing. They are taught a French cursive script from the beginning, starting in Kindergarten. So DM probably never learned to print properly in English, and his cursive would look strange at best, as the letter formations are different and so are the joins.

DM's letter to Dee was all printed

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/08/dellen-millards-letter-from-jail.html

What DM will say: "I was just test-driving a truck I was interested in buying, when this psychopath Mark Smich suddenly shot Tim Bosma from the back seat. He then threatened to kill me too if I didn't help him clean it up and dispose of the body. I was terrified for my life, what else could I do?"

Sachak suggesting the shell could not have rolled there is a joke. Of course it did not roll there, hopefully a firearm expert will refute this silly line of questions. The shell fired from the firearm pointed to the right regardless if front or back will eject a shell to the right at TOWARDS the back window. The shell could then get stuck behind the seat or in the seat and thus sloppy 'clean-up' failed to find and dispose of a key piece of evidence.

He's saying it couldn't have rolled to the back from the front. He's trying to establish that it was always in the back.

I believe MS's lawyer asked previously if it could have rolled from the front to the back when the truck was moved by LE.

They are trying to blame each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member