Bosma Murder Trial 03.22.16 - Day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zivolak is dealing with continuity -- in that he'll be illustrating how evidence was collected, moved and stored.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Zivolak was in the forensics unit for 12 years. He identified, preserved and recorded evidence.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

SS evidence Not complete after 3 years? Odd

It just means he isn't done giving evidence. Sounds like the defense has an issue with something he may say yet so there have been legal arguments.

Two things I noticed in the text messages between SS and DM. May 6th, Text # 5 where SS mentions DM had asked him to change both button locks (I wonder when and why?); and Text # 8 where SS mentions hanger keys were left on toolbox with fob. (I wonder if that is the same toolbox that DM had given to MS to "store"?)

Maybe I'm over-analyzing. It wouldn't be the first time. lol

All MOO.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
First #Bosma witness of the day up now. Det Mark Zivolak, retired from @HamiltonPolice forensics team

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Det. Sgt. Zivolak was in the forensic unit before he retired. In May 2013, he was on #Bosma case.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
Zivolak was in charge of evidence stored @HamiltonPolice HQ. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
His job in a nutshell was to ID, record and preserve evidence. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Exhibits put into sealed envelopes or zip locked bags. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Put in box, sealed shut then delivered by courier or by cop to Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
He's discussing the process for securing evidence. They have a secure storage locker for anything needing to be sent to the CFS. #Bosma

So who is working? LOL

What a crazy morning....:scared:
......and then my computer would not track today's posts....nobody and nothing is working.

I case people have not heard yet....Rob Ford passed away this morning in hospital.

He's now talking about how evidence is stored and preserved, to provide "continuity" -- basically, the path of who held what.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Once the bone evidence from the Eliminator was bagged, they were taken to the Hamilton police central station and placed in a locker in his department, Zivolak says.
by Adam Carter 11:22 AM

Well this witness is a bit of a let-down compared to yesterday. I was hoping we were through some of the mundane. If this is simply to show how they secure evidence, wouldn't this witness have been better placed earlier in the proceedings? Maybe he has some bigger purpose that we don't know yet. MOO

Hi everyone. Been reading for a while but this is my first post. I have been in the court room on a few separate occasions now and I definitely agree that things can get quickly confused or assumed from the simple tweets being sent from the court room. It is a lot of information.

Just to quickly clarify..
From what I heard and saw yesterday it appears the texts were all extracted from DM phone.

Also referring to all of the confusion here about the code. I believe the story was that he had locked his fob in and was not able to leave the hangar until he realized he had recently set up the garage remote, and that he had it. The whole issue of the code occurred because SS couldn't leave the hangar without his keys and he initially thought he needed the code to do that. IMO & IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were thousands of exhibits seized, assistant Crown Brett Moodie says.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

Court now hearing about how the black Nitrile gloves that were seized from Millard were stored.
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

"Numerous trips were made" to the Centre for Forensic Sciences, Zivolak says.
by Adam Carter 11:28 AM

Two things I noticed in the text messages between SS and DM. May 6th, Text # 5 where SS mentions DM had asked him to change both button locks (I wonder when and why?); and Text # 8 where SS mentions hanger keys were left on toolbox with fob. (I wonder if that is the same toolbox that DM had given to MS to "store"?)

Maybe I'm over-analyzing. It wouldn't be the first time. lol

All MOO.

Because DM knew what was going down that night and wanted to make sure NO ONE was able to get into the shop? Also reason why SS left his shop and fob keys behind as well (if this is true)

ETA: reread texts an it looks like SS locked his keys in the hanger but didn't DM take shop keys an fob from AJ before the crime?

I doubt it's the same little plastic tool box. I was thinking maybe one of the box big metal type boxes.

It just means he isn't done giving evidence. Sounds like the defense has an issue with something he may say yet so there have been legal arguments.

And the defense is just figuring this out now.....I wonder how long ago they were given the information as is required in disclosure and they are still arguing points at this late date. You'd think they could have dealt with more of this prior to the court date. This case was first thought to be in the courts sometime last year....and I hardly think the cell phone texts and evidence has changed over time.
Can hardly wait to read the books that are surely going to be written---I hope the authors give special attention to all these legal arguments. I think the public deserves to know what the 'legal arguments' are really all about and how it may or may not have been manipulated. :gaah:

Off topic, for all you local people, ex Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has died.

Hi everyone. Been reading for a while but this is my first post. I have been in the court room on a few separate occasions now and I definitely agree that things can get quickly confused or assumed from the simple tweets being sent from the court room. It is a lot of information.

Just to quickly clarify..
From what I heard and saw yesterday it appears the texts were all extracted from DM phone.

Also referring to all of the confusion here about the code. I believe the story was that he had locked his fob in and was not able to leave the hangar until he realized he had recently set up the garage remote, and that he had it. The whole issue of the code occurred because SS couldn't leave the hangar without his keys and he initially thought he needed the code to do that. IMO & IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome lostinrevelry :welcome:

Thanks for your insight on the proceedings yesterday. It is really helpful to get all the info we can from the courtroom that is not under publication ban.

So DM didn't have an issue getting into the hangar after hours himself that night? And the code was never changed? Although it didn't appear he knew the code anyway? So he just used his remote too? As you can see I'm still confused. LOL

MOO

Moodie now asking about the canvas satchel or shoulder bag that was seized from Millard's home on May 11, 2013. "It was seized from the laundry room of that address," Zivolak says. The satchel has been brought up several times over the course of the trial, but the jury hasn't yet heard its exact significance.
by Adam Carter 11:34 AM

And the defense is just figuring this out now.....I wonder how long ago they were given the information as is required in disclosure and they are still arguing points at this late date. You'd think they could have dealt with more of this prior to the court date. This case was first thought to be in the courts sometime last year....and I hardly think the cell phone texts and evidence has changed over time.
Can hardly wait to read the books that are surely going to be written---I hope the authors give special attention to all these legal arguments. I think the public deserves to know what the 'legal arguments' are really all about and how it may or may not have been manipulated. :gaah:

Sorry, I'm kind of not clear about what you are saying concerning the legal arguments . How would legal arguments be manipulated? Or do you mean manipulation by legal arguments?

It appears to me that the defense may be winning some of the arguments in that a few witnesses leave for a break and then don't return. SS is a strange situation. He isn't done, as we have been led to believe but isn't on the stand today because there are still arguments about his testimony. I wonder if the direct indictment plays a factor in how this is unfolding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500