Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Millard is smiling snidely at #Smich. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s50 seconds ago
Sachak says he's not interested in her private life but wants to ask her some questions about it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
Meneses says she was having problems at home, didn't just leave home to be with #Smich.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 56s56 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer: You left your home to be with Mr. Smich? Meneses says she had problems at home, that's partly why she left #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He suggests she left home to be with Smich. She says there were problems at home but agrees. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Smich,in rare show of emotion shakes his head. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Meneses says she thought she might be pregnant with Smich's child.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

Sachak asking about how Meneses left her home to be with Smich. She says not to be with him specifically, there were problems at home.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

"Your code was, if that was my man, my boyfriend, then I have to do everything to protect him," Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s40 seconds ago
He says they lived by a code--be forever loyal to your lover. "That was the code you lived by in May 203," Sachak says. She agrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
She lived by a code; to be forever faithful and loyal and beautiful for her lover. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s47 seconds ago
Sachak suggests disloyalty could be physical, emotional... She agrees. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 32s32 seconds ago
She agrees that she lived by a code in May 2013 that she would be faithful and loyal to Mark Smich, that she would protect him. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 12s12 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer asking about a 'code' Meneses lived by in May 2013, to be loyal and protective of her lover. She agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s12 seconds ago
Up until 2015, she lived by that code. She agrees. "Even today," Sachak says. She agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s38 seconds ago
May 19, 2013 was Smich's sisters wedding. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 37s37 seconds ago
Sachak suggesting code MM lived by was code of loyalty. Stand by and protect smich. That was then. And still is today. "Yep" she says.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 25s25 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
May 19, 2013 was Mark Smich's sister's wedding. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 25s25 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
May 19, 2013 was Mark Smich's sister's wedding. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s36 seconds ago
May 19, 2013, #Smich sister's wedding. Meneses agrees she knew a lot by then. She had seen numerous reports on #Bosma.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 27s28 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
By May 19, Smich had told Meneses 'his version of the truth' says Millard's lawyer #Bosma

May 19 2013 was Smich's sister's wedding. Sachak now asking about that date.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

Meneses agrees she knew a lot about the Bosma investigation by then, through social media, the news and from Smich himself.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

"He also told you that Mr. Bosma was burnt in an incinerator, and he was there?" Sachak says. Meneses agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
"But most importantly Smich had told you his version of the truth...that #Bosma was gone, gone..." Yes. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 30s30 seconds ago
May 19 2013 was the wedding of Mark Smich's sister. By then Smich had told her his version of what happened during #TimBosma's murder.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25s26 seconds ago
And #Smich had told her his version of the truth, that #Bosma was "Gone, gone, gone" That #Millard had shot him, but he hadn't done anything

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
"Smich had told you that Dell had murdered Mr #Bosma...And that Mr #Bosma was burnt in an incinerator." Yes. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 28s28 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer: Smich had told you Millard had shot Mr. Bosma by then? ... Burnt in an incinerator. Meneses: Yes #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
"This notion of going to a wedding for you must've been troubling," Sachak says. She agrees. #Bosma

"It bothered you that the Bosma family and all of this community were in such pain ... but Smich wanted to go to a wedding," Sachak says. She agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

Throughout all this testimony, Smich is looking down, taking notes. He won't look up at Meneses.
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

Court now seeing a photo of her and Smich at the wedding, embracing and smiling.
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

IMO, it really rubs me the wrong way that her comment about a pregnancy test is being brought up. What does it add to their case? I just find it cruel and crass to bring it up. For all we know she was pregnant and miscarried. I think it's something that shouldn't come up in court. That might just be my emotions talking.

IMO, it really rubs me the wrong way that her comment about a pregnancy test is being brought up. What does it add to their case? I just find it cruel and crass to bring it up. For all we know she was pregnant and miscarried. I think it's something that shouldn't come up in court. That might just be my emotions talking.

I agree.... I feel as though Sachak is just trying to break her down. Mentioning the pregnancy test, how she loved him and wanted a family with him, showing a picture of them smiling and embracing....

"You're very depressed in that picture aren't you ma'am?" Sachak says. She's smiling widely in the photo.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Court now seeing a photo of Smich giving a dual thumbs up to the camera on May 19. "That's Mr. Smich after he told you that his friend killed somebody," Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

"You were happy to go to the wedding. You enjoyed that wedding ... you partied your brains out at that wedding," Sachak says. "Yes, I did," she answers.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Meneses also knew #Bosma had been burned in the incinerator. Sachak, "You must have been troubled during the wedding."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
She says Smich told her that killed shot #Bosma before both men burned his remains in an incinerator.

"Mr #Bosma's family is suffering such grief, you were in pain, but #Smich wanted to go to the wedding."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Mr. Smich wanted to go the wedding, while Mr. Bosma's family, Canada and internationally people were in pain? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
"It saddened you to know #Bosma's family was in such pain...and Smich wanted to go to a wedding with you." She agrees.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
She was troubled by the fact the #Bosma family must be in such pain while Smich's family was celebrating a wedding #TimBosma

I agree.... I feel as though Sachak is just trying to break her down. Mentioning the pregnancy test, how she loved him and wanted a family with him, showing a picture of them smiling and embracing....

Not sure.

""The day I got arrested, I just figured why even bother still being with him," she said. Meneses was arrested alongside Smich, but was never charged."

MOO

Meneses agrees that it was troubling and bothersome to go to the wedding knowing that #Bosma had been killed & burned

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Sachak-"despits Bosmas pain. And knowing all u do and what Smich told u- u still wanted to go to the wedding." yep" MM @AM900CHML #timbosma

Millard lawyer: Smich wanted to go to his sister's wedding, not the police? Meneses: Yes. She says this troubled her. #Bosma

Smich and Millard both appear to be looking down, taking notes. #Bosma

Jury now seeing a picture of Meneses and Smich at his sisters wedding. #TimBosma

We are now looking at a photo of Meneses and Smich at his sister's wedding in May 2013 #Bosma

You can feel the tension in here as Sachak is pushing Meneses harder.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Court now seeing an extraction report from Meneses' phone taken from the day of the wedding.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Meneses is talking to her sister. She sends a picture to her sister of herself and Smich.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Not sure.

""The day I got arrested, I just figured why even bother still being with him," she said. Meneses was arrested alongside Smich, but was never charged."

MOO

And yet she said it took her 2 years to get over him. That's a long time :/

Seeing a smiling photo of the couple at the wedding. "You're very depressed in that photo aren't you," Sachak says. "No, I'm not," she says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Court sees photo of Smich and Meneses at the wedding. Smiling. "You're depressed in that picture arent you maam?" Sachak roars. She says no.

She disagrees that she's depressed, troubled and sad in the photograph. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: You're depressed in this photo? Sad in this photo? Meneses: No #Bosma

Smich is wearing a suit, hugging her tightly. She has a black dress on with a pink shawl. #Bosma

Sachak has more photos, he says. #Bosma

Defence lawyers will do anything.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Jury seeing loving/happy photo of smich and meneses all dressed up. Sachak pressed how depressed she must be. How sad. Mm starts crying.

Meneses wears black dress w pink wrap, Smich's arm is around her. He's in a black suit and tie. Both smile directly at the camera #Bosma

Seeing another photo from the wedding. Smich has a huge grin, is giving two thumbs up to the camera. #Bosma

Another photo of #Smich at the wedding, thumbs up, smiling. "After he's told you that his friend killed someone."

"That's Mr Smich after he told you that his friend killed someone...that he didn't do anything, that his friend did everything." Yes. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak asks who took the picture. She doesn't remember. "It was so long ago," she says. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Another photo from wedding. Smich in a tux. Giving big goofy smile and thumbs up. Sachak remiding MM this is how he acts despite all u know.

Millard lawyer now showing court another photo of Smich at his sister's wedding. Double thumbs up, big smile at the camera #Bosma

"That's what was so important to #Smich, to go to the wedding and put his thumbs up."

Millard lawyer: You partied your brains out at that wedding? Meneses: Yes I did. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Jury now seeing a picture of Smich smiling ear to ear with the double thumbs up. Sachak notes it's after #TimBosma's murder.

"You had fun at that wedding. You partied and drank at that wedding." Yes.

Pillay makes a point to say that she sent that smiling photo while she was "depressed over Mr. Bosma."
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Meneses says in another message to her sister: "Our wedding is next." She says in court she meant her and Smich.
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Her sister responds that she's not coming, and Meneses says yes she is. "You will be my made [sic] of honour."
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member