Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak suggests she was happy at that wedding. Drank, partied.

"Yes I did," she agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
"Even though you were saddened and depressed to be at that wedding," Sachak says.
"Yes," she says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
She took photos using her phone at the wedding. She also was texting. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer: You were taking photos and texting your sister, from the wedding? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak- presses marlena how she partied her brains out at the wedding despite feeling "sad.troubled.depressed" yes. MM agrees.@AM900CHML

Seeing texts between her and her sister Liz. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
"You took pictures using your phone at the wedding." She was also texting at the wedding, to her sister Liz. "Our wedding is next,"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard's lawyer now showing court an extraction report from Meneses' phone #Bosma

At one point Meneses sends a photo "me and Mark's mom."
Liz responds "aww girl!! You look so pretty." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
LIz says she's not coming to the wedding, Meneses says "Lol yes you are! You will be my made (sic) of honor"

She also sent a photo of she and Smich. #Bosma

Jury looking at text chat w MM and her sister elizabeth where she says "we"re next!" W all she knows about #timbosma she wanted to marry MS

And yet she said it took her 2 years to get over him. That's a long time :/

He is definitely showing conflicting statements to her own moods. Wonder if that will hurt her credibility on her claims of their mood?

MOO

Seeing the photo of Meneses and Mark's mom, both smiling at the camera. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Jury seeing phone records that show Meneses sent her a photo of her and Smich at the wedding then texted "our wedding is next" #Bosma

Meneses sent a pic with #Smich mother too. "You seem very happy to be with the mother of the person who told you he was involved on May 6"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard's lawyer now showing more photos from Smich's sister's wedding, Meneses with Smich's mom. Both smiling brightly. #Bosma

Liz then adds "and Mark looks so handsome!" Meneses then writes back to Liz: "thanks...our wedding is next." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Meneses reads a text she sent her sister: "Our wedding is next" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Liz says: "you're welcome. That's a change from his baggy pants lol." Then adds "lol, I'm not coming." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard's lawyer: You were troubled, yet you want to marry him? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

Meneses sighed deeply before she read "our wedding is next" to the packed courtroom. #Bosma

Sachak makes Meneses read her words, "Our wedding is next" Explains, hers & #Smich's.

Meneses responds: "lol yes you are! You will be my made (sic) of honour." #Bosma

Liz: "lol oh gosh." #Bosma

Sachak makes a point to point out that the two went to an afterparty for the wedding, where they "laughed, drank and partied."
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

"You were telling the truth to police in your nearly 4 hour statement?" Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

"Yo wanted to really believe in your heart and your soul that Smich didn't do anything," Sachak says. "Yes," Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Meneses laughs about #Smich suit being "a change from his baggy pants."

MM tearing up again explaining how she wanted to marry smich. Being forced to read text to jury. MM doesn't like reading it. @AM900CHML

Meneses: "I know your down (to be her MOH)." #Bosma

Meneses sister says she wouldn't attend her future wedding. Meneses responds: lol yes you are! you will be my (made) of honour #Bosma

Millard's lawyer you went to an after party, drank with Mr. Smich, laughed with Mr. Smich? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

Liz: "of course, you guys going to the after party soon?" Meneses: "where at it now." Liz: "Oooh." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Meneses went to a party after the wedding. Where she "laughed and drank" with #Smich. #TimBosma

Meneses: "eating dinner." Liz: "nom nom nom." Meneses: "yes." #Bosma

Millard's lawyer: It was a great wedding, wasn't it? Meneses: It was a nice wedding. #Bosma

"It was a nice wedding," Meneses says quietly. #Bosma

"It was a nice wedding," Meneses agrees softly #Bosma

Meneses uses a kleenex to blow her nose in the witness box #Bosma

"It was a nice wedding," Meneses said. #Bosma

Sachak asks Meneses if she told the truth in her four hour statement on May 22, 2013. She says she was. #Bosma

Smich has kept his head down so far throughout his former girlfriend's testimony #Bosma

Sachak questions Meneses' truthfulness during police statement. She was told it was a criminal offense to lie or mislead police

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
She was cautioned, warned to be honest. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard's lawyer: You wanted to believe in your heart and soul, that Smich didn't do anything? Meneses: Yes I did #Bosma

She says she was troubled, as she wasn't certain as to what had happened. "But in order to be with Mr. Smich, you had to accept the fact that he had not done anything ... that he would not harm a human being." Meneses says "right."
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

"If you told yourself he had did it, your universe as you knew it would collapse," Sachak says. She says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

Meneses is crying again. This cross examination is taking a toll on her.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

"Your really wanted to believe in your heart and soul that Smich didn't do anything," Sachak suggests. She agrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"You wanted to really believe in your heart and soul that #Smich didn't do anything." Yes. "And you made it clear to police, repeatedly."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
She says he wanted to believe that Smich wasn't involved in the #TimBosma murder.

"And you told police you had this feeling...that really troubled you. You were just not certain what had happened" "Right," she says. #Bosma

Meneses says she was troubled and kept asking #Smich, "You didn't do anything right?"

Millard lawyer: In order to be with Mr. Smich, you had to accept the person you loved couldn't harm a human being? Meneses: Right #Bosma

"You had to accept the fact that the person you loved would never shoot another human. Would not burn another human," Sachak says. #Bosma

Meneses now crying again on stand. #Bosma

Meneses is holding back tears. "Yeah," she says. Agrees Smich was her universe. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: (Smich) he was your world. he was your universe. Meneses: Right #Bosma

"If you told police he did it your universe as you knew it would collapse." Meneses agrees. Her life was wrapped up in dedication to #Smich

She's crying now that Sachak said: "you had tell yourself he would never shoot" and burn another human being #Bosma

She says she didn't ask Smich more about what happened. "I didn't really want to know," she said in one of her statements. "I didn't want to know he did any of that stuff."
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

"You didn't want to know from Smich precisely and exactly what happened," Sachak says. "Right," she responded.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

"So better to not ask for the truth and the whole truth and nothing but the truth, right?" Sachak says. "Right," she responds.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

Meneses wiping away tears with a tissue #Bosma

Sachak: you told police you didn't want to ask Smich repeatedly how he helped Dell.
Meneses: right. #Bosma

Meneses is squirming in her seat under Sachak's question, coughing sobs, sniffling. #Bosma

She agrees she had doubts "what if" and she repeatedly told the police she didn't know the whole story because it was easier #Bosma

Sachak: it was easier not to know the whole truth. You said "I didn't really want to know."
Meneses: right. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: It was easier to accept the fact that Dell did everything. Meneses: Right #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"The person I loved...I didn't want to know he did any of that stuff," she told police. #Bosma

Told police "cuz I really didn't want to know. The person I loved, I didn't want to know he did any of that stuff." #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak;" u had to believe the person u love wld never shoot/burn another human being. If u told yourself otherwise your universe collapsed."

Millard lawyer: You didn't want to know precisely and exactly what he did? M: Right. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Sachak; 'u didn't want to ask about it. It was easier not to know the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth." Meneses cries

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer reading Meneses statement to police: 'I didn't want to know... because that would make me feel really wrong.' #Bosma

"If I knew that he did do it, I wouldn't want to know anything about it," Meneses said in her statement.

"He said, I ****ed up, right?" Sachak says Smich said to her at one point. "Yes," Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Meneses says he was talking about what happened on May 6, 2013. "How could you live with somebody who killed another human being, right?" Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
No #Bosma from me today. Torn rotator cuff and arm in a sling. Lovely ER doc reads my column and assures me I'll still be able to tweet.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"If he did do it I didn't want to know anything about it," Sachak reads. She agrees that's what she told police. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 55s55 seconds ago
"That would make me feel really wrong, if he did have anything to do with it I didn't want to know." Meneses told police.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s46 seconds ago
#Smich told Meneses at one point, "I F'ed up."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
Sachak says Smich said, at one point, "I ****ed up." She agrees. He did. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 35s36 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer: He said 'I ****ed up' about what happened on May 6, 2013? Meneses: Right #Bosma

"If I knew that he did do it, I wouldn't want to know anything about it," Meneses said in her statement.

"He said, I ****ed up, right?" Sachak says Smich said to her at one point. "Yes," Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Meneses says he was talking about what happened on May 6, 2013. "How could you live with somebody who killed another human being, right?" Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

I was right. :)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 48s49 seconds ago
Sachak: "If he was to tell you anymore about how he ****ed up, your world would collapse." She agrees. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 39s39 seconds ago
Sachak; "come clean. Come clean. Smich told u he said on may 16th. "I ****ed up." U knew what he was talking about." MM agrees. Cries.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 28s28 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Millard lawyer: How could a killer of Mr. Bosma be the father of your children? That's what you were thinking about. Meneses: Right.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Meneses agrees Smich said "I ****ed up" repeatedly in relation to the night #TimBosma vanished and she didn't want to know more.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s31 seconds ago
Meneses agrees she stopped asking questions after #Smich said he f'ed up, repeatedly. She didn't want to know more. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Sachak says she told police that she told Smich "go into the police...like just go in and tell them you didn't do anything." She agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member