Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Millard is tired from all the work they've done. So tells Smich in text they'll finish clean up later.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s42 seconds ago
At 1:59pm Smich texts Millard "link me when your awake." #Bosma
Leitch says this disputes the scenarios they both gave, of fear and surprise

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
At 6:14pm, Millard texts Smich: "traffics heavy, not sure my ete (sic)." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s38 seconds ago
If Smich is afraid of Millard, why texts about naps and meeting later. Initiated by Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
At 6:21 Millard texts Noudga: "had a nice 5 hr nap & bath, refreshed and ready for the next stage of mission digestion." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Leitch says this shows he had no trouble with this. "This isnt a man who is upset in the aftermath of some accidental shooting." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
6:21 p.m Millard to Noudga: "Had a nice 5 hr nap & bath, refreshed and ready for the next stage of mission digestion"

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
6:21pm Millard to Noudga "had a nice 5hr nap& bath, refreshed & ready for next stage of mission digestion."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s43 seconds ago
At 9:09 pm, the Yukon arrives back at the hangar. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
Noudga later responds: "Lol mission digestion" Leitch tells jurors another jury will decide what Noudga actually knew.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich testified shooting happened in Brantford. Crown says no. Makes sense #Bosma's phone was taken off him there, thrown out of car.
RSBM
Did MS testify to this?? I don't recall at the moment, I'm trying to work and follow along, but I thought he said, when he got to Bobcat that's DM said I'm taking the truck and MS saw TB dead already inside the truck.
MOO

Leitch shows on cell tower map Smich is now using Meneses phone at farm while Millard is at hangar that night cleaning up night of May 7.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Around 11:30pm, Smich -- using Meneses's phone -- is at the farm. Leitch says they are separate at this point. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s40 seconds ago
May 7 2013 8:44pm phone records show Smich was at farm and Millard at hangar. Separated. Cleaning up murder. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
Because at 11:40pm, the Yukon is seen leaving the hangar, towing the Eliminator. "They're not together at this stage," he says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
See Eliminator being towed out of hangar at 11:40 p.m. that night.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Leitch says to be fair it's possible to suggest his calls are bouncing off of towers while driving. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s52 seconds ago
Perhaps Smich is burning evidence at farm, suggests Leitch. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s28 seconds ago
It looks like Smich was dropped off at the farm before Millard went to the hangar. Maybe he started the burning? Leitch wonders

***Or maybe he was digging a hole to put cremains in? :thinking:

Leitch says there's no flashlight in these images, debunking Smich's story about swapping the plates at that time. "You would see the flashlight. There's no flashlight."
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

Millard at 11:34 p.m. texts Noudga "gonna be an all nighter." Leitch says that's because Tim Bosma is dead by then.
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Leitch now showing when the truck shows up at the hangar, towing the Eliminator.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

Turns off burner phone, leaves on his own phone AND is texting people. DM's actions never made sense to me.

I'm not so sure Smich's reference to "chopping" was referring to dismemberment, as it was to modifying the incinerator to make it mobile the way DM wanted it. Exactly the way SS ended up doing by building a trailer just for that purpose.

I'm also not sure why the Crown is saying the conditions were not ideal until May 2013 when DM had that ghastly machine for nearly a year already.

:thinking:

bbm I don't see references where DM or MS have used the term "chopped" in regard to modifications. MS did say they "chopped the lock" off something. That implies cutting. Through the case the term "modify" has been used in reference to changes. While we may think chopped means like in a chop shop, I don't see them using that term. To put something on a trailer to me doesn't require chopping, it requires building a suitable trailer.

Original homemade one began April, with misfire in May, and SS saying it was up to snuff June 8. I assume they decided it was either taking too long or not good enough and MS had been doing research with a report June 6. The one he reported on was already mobile, so why would they have to "chop" it to make it mobile as you've suggested?

I think perhaps MS's research might have started the make it mobile idea (probably getting DM giddy). SS was negotiating buying the Eliminator after that June 18-20, "This was first customer who wanted to make The Eliminator mobile by putting it on a trailer, says Penner."

The Eliminator is towed from the hangar at 11:40 p.m. on the 7th, Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

Now looking at May 8, and the phone records from that day. Millard is at the hangar for business meetings.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Now seeing the photo of Bosma's truck in the hangar on May 9, taken by Arthur Jennings.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now
Smich testified Bosma put in Eliminator at farm. Crown disputes that.

Anyone have a theory on this one? I didn't see any follow up. Does it mean the Crown thinks he wasn't put into it until the hangar?

The publicity is heavy around this point, and Jennings has recognized the truck.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

"Does that look like a man who is panicked and mad and scared?" Leitch says about more lighthearted texts from Millard to Noudga. "This is a man who knew exactly what he was doing."
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

"These are two guys working together to clean up the mess they made," Leitch says, looking at more texts.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s48 seconds ago
May 8. Cell tower map supports Millard at hangar for meetings.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s41 seconds ago
May 8 Smich & Millard separated. Millard had business meetings.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s33 seconds ago
Now into May 8. Millard is at the hangar for business meetings. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
On this day, Art Jennings sees the #Bosma truck in the hangar, sitting on a tarp. He takes a photo of it the next day.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s32 seconds ago
Now photo taken by Art Jennings of Tim Bosma's truck in hangar on May 9 at 9:45 a.m. "It doesn't look very bloody," says Crown. Cleaned up.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s37 seconds ago
May 9, 9:45am, Art Jennings took a photo of the truck undid the hangar. He realized it was #TimBosma's.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
"The publicity is heavy at this time," says Crown. Leads to Millard's "self-serving messages" about his concern for #bosma family.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
This morning, Noudga texts Millard at 10:36am. "mission go well?" He responds at 11am "1.5 hr nap & still going." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
At 1:38pm he tells her again "still going on mission." She responds "quite the long mission." He says "very, want to come help?" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s20 seconds ago
Leitch says those texts are complete — "I have to be careful of the words I use in a closing submission..."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8s9 seconds ago
Did the mission go well?Noudga asks May 8."1.5 hr nap & still going on mission," Millard says. Long mission, he agrees & invites her to help

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
She says "what do you need help with."
He says "shredding paper."
She says "lol in the fancy new paper shredder?" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s26 seconds ago
Leitch suggests it could be the paper shredder--or it could be allusion to the Eliminator. "She knows," he says of Noudga. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
Texts from Millard asking Noudga go help. Brings her into it. Help with what? "Shredding paper," he says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Noudga has known about the mission from the beginning, Leitch says. Another jury will have to worry about her. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s31 seconds ago
"He could have been making fun or using another name for the Eliminator. You'll have to decide that," says Crown.

That's what I asked ages ago! Tim was murdered for $2500 in gas savings.
I think he was killed because Millard is a sociopath who wanted what he wanted. Smich and everyone else thought it was the truck. They never questioned why if Millard had money did he not just buy one. The Millard minions wanted adventure and never saw issues with taking the property of others for their gain. Someone getting killed was a thrill for Millard and made it so the others would never leave him. I believe Millard had always thought that he would set up one of the minions to take the fall if they got caught-- that is why he was a bit sloppy.

Now looking at May 9.
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Millard and Smich are in Oakville around noon, Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Leitch says Millard is moving the truck to his mother's house that day because of Jennings calling Crime Stoppers.
by Adam Carter 12:15 PM

It's no excuse, it's a very commonly used word to refer to modifying. Sure he could have been referring to dismemberment, but he could have also been referring to modifying the machine in some way to make it mobile, since it wasn't a mobile unit.

The one MS was looking at was mobile:

"June 6, 2012. Smich to Millard: "I'm lookin at a mobile one right now. Some chopping wood be necessary." May 24, 2016 SC https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/pubhtml?gid=0&single=false#

Turns off burner phone, leaves on his own phone AND is texting people. DM's actions never made sense to me.

Agree it doesn't make sense but I get the impression he thought he was invincible. Because of LB, and his Dad, I think he thought he would get away with it again.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Around 7pm he's home. Texts Smich on his way home that he's on his way to him, then says "bro I'm so tired...I'll link you tomorrow." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s19 seconds ago
Texts between Millard and Smich on night of May 8 still about cleaning up and trying to get sleep. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s5 seconds ago
Now into May 9. "This is when a lot was done," Leitch says. "A lot happened on May 9." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s31 seconds ago
Millard was too tired to do more cleanup on May 8. Went home to sleep. "A lot happened on May 9."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s22 seconds ago
Phone records show Smich and Millard are together in Oakville around noon. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s16 seconds ago
May 9. "A lot happened on May 9," says Leitch. Smich and Millard together in Oakville, according to cell tower map.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Millard and Smich are in Oakville around noon, Leitch says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
3:18 pm Millard to Noudga: "tiny mission tonight, could use your help." #bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
He texts Smich that he'll get to him around 12:15 pm.
At 3:18 pm Millard texts Noudga: "tiny mission tonight, could use your help" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
Shortly after noon the phones are all in Oakville. 3:18pm DM to CN "tiny mission tonight, could use your help." #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Leitch suggests this is when Millard knows Jennings has gone to the police. He knows he needs to get the truck out of the hangar. #Bosma

Need to get #Bosma truck out of hangar because Millard knows Jennings has gone to police. Millard tells Schlatman he bought truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s23 seconds ago
Millard tells Schlatman he's worried truck he bought is stolen.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13s14 seconds ago
Leitch says Millard had to move the truck because he knew Arthur Jennings had called CrimeStoppers. "he's trying to buy time," Leitch says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
He lies to Schlatman, Leitch says, and pretends he bought the truck not knowing it was stolen. "He's trying to buy time" Leitch says. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 35s35 seconds ago
Leitch says Millard's cover story to Schlatman is that he bought a hot truck. "He's trying to buy time to finish the cleanup," Leitch #Bosma

RSBM
Did MS testify to this?? I don't recall at the moment, I'm trying to work and follow along, but I thought he said, when he got to Bobcat that's DM said I'm taking the truck and MS saw TB dead already inside the truck.
MOO

That surprised me as well. I remember his testimony the same way as you do.

Leitch says Millard's cover story to Schlatman is that he bought a hot truck. "He's trying to buy time to finish the cleanup," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Millard texts to a friend that evening: "Something just turned very sour, gonna be busy until at least midnight."
by Adam Carter 12:18 PM

Leitch says Millard and Smich are together taking the truck out of the hangar around 9 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

Leitch says when Millard wanted to steal something, he took precautions. It also shows he wanted to take what he wanted without paying. "He just liked to steal things ... he liked to steal, but he now planned to kill as well. Increasing the challenge, and the thrill of it."
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM[/COLOR]

Wish I was there to see if DM had any reaction on his face to this.

Millard texted Schlatman that: "I can't stop thinking what that family's going through." "Do you believe that? Do you believe he's having feelings of remorse? No way," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Leitch says he doesn't know why Millard switched from Smich to Noudga as his helper that night -- but it could be that he wanted the sexual side of things from Noudga.
by Adam Carter 12:22 PM

Leitch says Millard gave her the DVR, but there's no way she thought it was a stereo, as she testified.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member