Brad Cooper Indicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel relief, but no happiness: relief that the CPD was able to solve the crime; they followed where the evidence led, worked the case, kept it professional, and delivered solid evidence to the DA, all in about 3 months. Now it's up to the DA's office to take it the rest of the way and prove it to a jury. But I feel zero happiness at this turn of events; it's a sad milestone in a tragic case.

I think a laundry party is in order @ Mom's house! BYOT (bring your own Tide) Oh and Mom, weren't you going to be buying a big bag of rice?

if everybody could stop at one of the HTs near Lochmere & pick up something for the party, you know, cleaning supplies, etc, then we all could help Mom thoroughly clean her house. bring your HT receipts!

Just thinking.....ya know if Brad had only called LE after the murder and confessed that he lost it.....but no. The manner in which he callously disposed of her body says a lot about him. The mother of his children displayed the way she was. A very sick man.

His persona from what I've seen of him in depositions, press conferences and today, however, is very deceiving. He almost has me feeling sorry for him.

i've often thought that. what a horror and shame that he couldn't just call the police.

I thought that when/if an arrest was made (of whoever), that it might bring about some relief/closure in the case, but my observation it doesn't really (and I suspect nothing can). Probably will be true with any (possible) conviction, and/or plea bargain as well. No happy ending.

I agree it will be interesting of course to see the specific evidence LE has been able to collect on this one. I'll be interested to see if the venue is changed (and if so, to where).

Also agree with so many others who have posted recently on here that based on the known hard evidence, it was quite reasonable to take a position of "he may very well be innocent...". [ That's not "fence sitting" BTW, it's simply giving the benefit of the doubt, and making every effort to remain objective ]. Since known hard evidence hasn't really changed in the last 24 hours, technically it's still a reasonable position. Though no doubt the DA and LE have a strong case, so again, will be interesting to follow it.

As for using the arrest as an opportunity to call-out or finger-point at posters who may have had differing views on the matter... c'mon y'all, WS should be bigger/better than that!

Thank you for this post! I totally agree.

The trip itself doesn't....the fact that his lawyers have come out and specifically denied any trip prior to 6:20 is what would prove it to me. I pointed out my reasons for being a fence sitter. I still hold on all of those points (and a few more I didn't share). Obviously this indictment means there should be a LOT more than what has been made public so far. Nothing I have seen so far disproves his story (at least to me). Coupled with the witness that said she saw Nancy (again, the day of...not several months later), and I have reasonable doubt. Fortunately, what any of us think (including me) doesn't mean a whole lot. My opinion could very well change based on the evidence presented at trial. I will be an interested observer...that's for sure. I'm fascinated by this case, while also disgusted by it. As a husband and a father (5 year old daughter....2nd daughter due in 2 weeks), I don't want to believe that someone would murder their wife and the mother of their daughters...than throw her away like a piece of trash. Especially not someone that seems educated and "successful". I look at my life...again, will have 2 daughters very soon, do a job very very similar to what BC does (not at Cisco...but same line of work and same type of work) and just can't fathom doing that. So that is my starting point. And I want and need evidence to move me from that point. I just haven't seen it yet...but again, the good thing is that it will be put out there now. And if he did it, and it is proven, I hope he rots in hell.

one of the problems for ncsu & many of us is that brad, from the exterior, looks a lot like many of us. and to actually do what he has now been arrested for doing is completely unfathomable since there's not much evidence of the kind of humanity we believe in. it's not comprehensible to many of us....and, actually, that's a good thing

one of the problems for ncsu & many of us is that brad, from the exterior, looks a lot like many of us. and to actually do what he has now been arrested for doing is completely unfathomable since there's not much evidence of the kind of humanity we believe in. it's not comprehensible to many of us....and, actually, that's a good thing

I was just talking about that very thing with someone in my community. It's so difficult to imagine. Horrific to imagine. Yet - Nancy's dead. And the evidence points to BC.

And the man I was married to said he would kill someone to get a huge house and live in a 'fancy' neighborhood. Appearances and fronts certainly do hide a lot of what lurks behind them.

And, FWIW, my community (NW Cary) is really commenting this morning on the newspaper headlines. None have been fence sitters or pro-BC.

Yes, you're right....it is a good thing. I'm reminded of the old saying "you never know what goes on behind closed doors"

What is nagging at my heart this AM is the fact family/friends did know some of what was going on in the Cooper home. I don't think they knew the full extent of it....not even close IMO....but neverless knew Nancy was in trouble.
She was so close to being free of the SOB, so so close yet she didn't make it.

The tragedy in this aftermath are Bella and Katie. I cried as I watched the neighbor (WRAL news) speak of the girls and the fact they had lost both parents. I cannot get those precious little girls out of my mind. Thank God they are away from this mess (daddy's arrest, news, etc) and will grow up far, far away. As little as they are, in a few years their memories will fade and I'm glad of that. I hope in my heart Jim and Krista adopt them....somehow I just feel they will. I know they will keep Nancy's memory alive for the girls.

By the way, those posts here regarding Krista's "motives" for wanting the girls are absolutely disgusting. Enough criticism of Nancy's family....they are good folks and there is no place better for the girls...PERIOD, enough said.
Yes, a lot has been posted here. It's time to quit the negativity and finger pointing.....I couldn't agree more. We all have different feelings, ideas, etc and that fact makes for an interesting world.

I'm just soooooo relieved they have him.....finally they have him. I think all of us look forward to the coming days and what will ensue in this case. IMO he won't be granted bond and even if he is, it will be so huge it will be an impossibilty to make....the crime is horrendous, he's a MAJOR flight risk, I would even go so far as to say suicidal at this point. I think he'd rather die than face the consequenses of his actions.

Now if they could only arrest Jason Young.........I have faith though. It's just a matter of time.

Betcha the DA winked at Judge Sasser during the custody hearing.
JTF...I agree something occured. By Sasser allowing the girl's to return to Canada before she rendered her decision, she knew, she had to know something IMO. This is not 1 hour road trip for them...I just don't believe she would do this NC family.

I agree. What was insinuated about JL & the motives of the rest of NC's family in the custody case, was disgusting to me. Also disturbing was how several wanted to point fingers of guilt at JA, who in my mind, was the hero in this story. True fence-sitters are ok with me. But to folks who wanted to bash without reason, I have no forgiveness.

NC didn't want to die, none of us do, especially in the manner she did. The only small ray of sunlight that shines thru on such a dark gloomy day like today is her girl's are where she wished for them would be...with Krista & Jim.

Tarheel,

I am glad they are away from all of this, but I hope they are not adopted, that would be a slap in the face to NC. They are not Katie and Bella Lister, they are Katie and Bella Cooper daughters of Nancy Cooper, they do not need to ever forgot their mother or their father. (regardless of what he may or may not have done). It would also be terribly unfair to BC's parents. I think in coming months they will also petition to make sure they have rights to see Bella and Katie and so they should. I also think they would oppose any adoption on part of Listers, remember if they are adopted their original birth certificates will be sealed and new certificates issued in Canada an adoption would obliterate any rights BC's family had. I know I would fight it if I was BC's family, the girls do not need anymore of this kind of thing. I feel strongly about this as I was adopted by my aunt and uncle when my parents separated and divorced, I was 39 years old before I ever found my father or his family, by this time my grandparents had died and I never got to know them, but I now I have met and have a wonderful relationship with my half siblings, my dad, my aunts and all of my cousins, but the years we lost can never be reclaimed, I do not wish this for Katie and Bella.

one down two to go, now we need resolution for michelle young and for kelly morris. and for kelly to be found.

I wish we could have resolution for Janet Abaroa also. :(

Also today is the 1 yr anniversary of the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Tarheel,

I am glad they are away from all of this, but I hope they are not adopted, that would be a slap in the face to NC. They are not Katie and Bella Lister, they are Katie and Bella Cooper daughters of Nancy Cooper, they do not need to ever forgot their mother or their father. (regardless of what he may or may not have done). It would also be terribly unfair to BC's parents. I think in coming months they will also petition to make sure they have rights to see Bella and Katie and so they should. I also think they would oppose any adoption on part of Listers, remember if they are adopted their original birth certificates will be sealed and new certificates issued in Canada an adoption would obliterate any rights BC's family had. I know I would fight it if I was BC's family, the girls do not need anymore of this kind of thing. I feel strongly about this as I was adopted by my aunt and uncle when my parents separated and divorced, I was 39 years old before I ever found my father or his family, by this time my grandparents had died and I never got to know them, but I now I have met and have a wonderful relationship with my half siblings, my dad, my aunts and all of my cousins, but the years we lost can never be reclaimed, I do not wish this for Katie and Bella.
JT2008, My brother & SIL adopted four children. My SIL keeps an album on each child and sends it to the birth parents every Christmas. She also has arranged periodic meetings between her children & the birth parents. All the children have learned from the time they could comprehend that there are "birth parents". I doubt very much that the Listers will EVER allow NC's memory to die.

It also seems they take very seriously the advice they've received from a professional psychologist about what is best for the girls. I cannot see them as the type of people who would dis-allow involvement by the paternal grandparents. The Listers will be the only parents these little girls will ever know especially as Bella's memory fades. I see no harm in adoption. Of course, MHO is subject to a BC conviction. If he is proven innocent, than the girls certainly should not be adopted.

Brad's friends and supporters can help him now by pooling all their financial resources to get him out on bail. If they believe in his innocence and that he's been railroaded by an evil/corrupt system, then putting money to his cause would be the best demonstration of support. If his bail is set at $3M, it will take $300K (i.e. 10% of the total bond) to get bail. Alone he won't be able to meet the burden. I'm sure his job will be terminated soon since he's now been indicted. He'll have to sell the house, the cars, everything, but he's heavily leveraged financially as it is and he won't be going anywhere. Will his supporters put their money where their mouth is?

What is standard procedure now that an indictment has been handed down on the warrants being unsealed as well as the autopsy notes being unsealed. I am most interested in the autopsy notes as I think they may answer many questions, as well as point the finger directly at the killer, that is they way it usually works, forensics has to speak for those who cannot.

I have often thought about the Jeffrey McDonald case when thinking about this case. It appeared on the outside looking in that McDonald was innocent, but once all of the information was made available it left no doubt as to his guilt. I was living in Fayetteville at the time of the McDonald murders, one of the investigators on the scene that morning was my mother's cousin. I remember him coming to our house and talking about the case, there was no doubt in his mind as to McDonald's guilt, but it took years to put McDonald behind bars and then doubters still existed. The man the wrote the book Fatal Vision, even believed when he began the book and interviews with McDonald that McDonald was innocent, by the time he was finished with the book he states he had no doubts regarding the fact that McDonald was guilty. I am hoping the evidence in this case is as compelling as the evidence in the McDonald case. I guess I am showing my age here, for those of you who do not remember McDonald was an Army officer stationed at Fort Bragg who murdered his wife and kids, this occurred in the early 1970's and drew nationwide attention before it was over. I digress, but the cases remind me of each of other.

What is standard procedure now that an indictment has been handed down on the warrants being unsealed as well as the autopsy notes being unsealed. I am most interested in the autopsy notes as I think they may answer many questions, as well as point the finger directly at the killer, that is they way it usually works, forensics has to speak for those who cannot.

Warrants have already been unsealed. The results of forensic and other testing will probably not be publicly known until trial. Autopsy notes are not part of the publicly released report, but those notes may be used during the trial. There will likely be a dearth of info until trial (unless there's some kind of leak somewhere).
----
I remember the MacDonald case, as I read the book and saw the TV movie years later (early 80's?). The crime itself I don't recall as I was too young to have had awareness of it. But when I read the book and saw the TV movie it left a huge impression on me (Cary Cole was riveting in the role of MacDonald). What was interesting was that each victim and MacDonald had different blood types, so the movements of each person could be ultimately determined. No doubt in my mind he did that murder, after reading the details of the crime scene, the blood found, where it was found, and whose blood was found in which room. And the closing arguments by the prosecutor was pretty powerful stuff too.

I've watched the Cooper case unfold since the beginning. Just as I've watched case after case during the past few years here on Websleuths, at first I didn't know IF the husband was guilty. But by the third or fourth day, enough circumstances were revealed that pointed towards Brad.

Believe me, you never want it to be the husband. The ONE person in the victim's life who she SHOULD have been able to depend on for everything. The one person the victim SHOULD have looked to for protection ended their life instead.

Of course many say they had a feeling of relief when Brad was arrested. It's not Brad's arrest that made them feel relief, but that Nancy's alleged murderer was arrested. It's not because they were right and others wrong, but that there will be justice for Nancy, no matter WHO it was. Believe me when I say, the pages of Websleuths are littered with MANY more of these domestic violence/murder cases UNSLOVED than solved. Quite often you do BELIEVE you know who did it, but apparently LE just doesn't have enough evidence to convince a jury.

Of course Brad is innocent until found guilty in a court of law. But this is an opinion board and many of our opinion is, Brad is guilty as heck. Sure, what we KNOW as fact, isn't enough to convict Brad. It's more what LE knows that we don't that's going to, POSSIBLY, convict him in a court of law.

I will be interested to see what LE has to have arrested Brad for premeditated murder. Because for me, although I felt sure Brad committed this crime, I wasn't convinced it was premeditated. There MUST be some compelling evidence for LE to have committed to 'first degree.' Something we have only guessed at or never even thought of.

It is sad that these two beautiful children have now, MOST likely, not only lost their mom, but now their dad too. But Brad should have thought of that before he raised his hands to their mom, in his final act of control of her. The victimization of these crimes is wide,.........from the victim herself to her children, parents, friends, AND his family as well.

Who knew? Who knew that Brad's control and anger would end in murder? Probably not even Brad himself knew he had it in him. But when he realized he did have what it took to take another human life, he thought he was smarter than everyone else and would be able to get away with it.

Guess, for ONCE in his life, Brad was wrong. Unfortunately, EVERYONE must pay the price for Brad's mistake.

JMHO
fran

PS....I honestly feel sorry for Brad's 'friends' as well. Those few who stood up for him, believe his lies. They were the last for Brad's victims. They may not even know it yet......fran

But, what I have changed is my mind about is Bella and Katie, they are better off in Canada than here to witness all of this, it would just add the other stuff they are going to have to deal with.

Have you also changed your mind about these statements you posted on 10/25?
KL wants those girls to replace NC in her life, that is what I believe in my heart. KL is not promoting a relationship with BC thru her own selfish motives, and I think this speaks volumes regarding her personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer