Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO too.... And I even hate to think/type this.....

I just wonder how accurate the gun part of his story is and when it happened... Was he planning to kill her from the get go? If yes, my thoughts are moot. If not, why didnt she "play possum" just a little bit longer and let him dump her in the cane fields? Her injuries from the stab wounds may have still taken her but she had a better chance than against the gun. . .

I do not want to take anything away from her fighting to take BSL and putting him away. I just cant help thinking of the what ifs...

:truce:

I've thought about this too. My idea is Mickey was afraid he'd shoot her once she was dragged to the field to make sure she was dead so she decided to try to get the jump on him. OR BSL is full of it and she stabbed him while he was in the process of trying to rape her.

Was it ever said if the trained K-9 dogs picked up any scent of Mickey on BSL's property?

DizZ, there may have been others who have, but I don't think I personally have seen any reports of what, if anything, any of the dogs used in this case picked up on, or where.

One reason, I think, is that largely the dogs are used to find someone (alive or deceased) AND to point the way to other types of evidence. I have great respect for the abilities of both Search and Rescue (SAR) dogs and Human Remains Detection (HRD) dogs and all the hybrids thereof. But I do know that, often, using their "results" in court is problematical (though it happens) -- so, often, they are used mostly to direct LE in the investigation, to help find the person or body OR to help find the type of evidence that is more easily presented in court. I think maybe we didn't hear about the results that they were getting as it happened because of a need to protect the investigation. Now, though -- well, I, for one, sure would like to know how the dogs' work went at the different locations.

Especially since BSL, was scaming her with the weapons running ruse. Which, although a lie/ruse/con, the weapons trafficking is also a very serious felony to involve her in...

A PSYCHOPATH IS INCAPABLE OF EXPERIENCING NORMAL LOVE AND EMPATHY...

It is all about 'Narcissist Brandon'...
The Christian ruse that BS Lavergne, used is reminiscent of the scene in the Longest Yard movie where Burt Reynolds attempted suicide by swimming out to the middle of a lake with intentions of drowning. Once there, he changed his mind & began swimming back. Exhausted, he began making deal$ with God, and promised him the moon. The closer he got to shore, he would lower the amount. Once his feet touched the bottom, he said, "God, you should have accepted my offer when you had the chance"..

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652/

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings.

But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Couldn't be said better! Amen sista!

This is the fine line between family and forthrightness.

If he told a good story, and some accounts - the hairdresser, etc., say that he can be persuasive, then she was in a gray area.

Something I think you have misunderstood:

She was told that the TRUCK was used in gunrunning, not BSL, if I understand correctly. I also have not seen where the half-sister knew he filed a false police report. She could have given him a ride to the rental agency, dropped him off, but not known about the report. If he was trying to fool her about the reason to burn the truck, I don't think it's likely that then he told her he was going to commit insurance fraud. There would have been no reason for him to do that - it would have only complicated things for him.

She also may have believed his story about the wounds.

It's easy to say she should have put two and two together, but the events may not have formed a complete picture for her at the time.

What is known is that she told the police what happened and this substantially led to his conviction. I think she did a lot, and went against the family instinct, and so I'm not going to crucify her for not running to the cops about a hearsay gun-running story that her half-brother told her didn't involve him.

She was caught in the middle, and ultimately chose to follow the path of integrity.

She may have also been fearful of him or intimidated by him. We also don't know her age or anything about their relationship really. IMO, I think it's important to remember that in the end she cooperated.

I just wonder how accurate the gun part of his story is and when it happened... Was he planning to kill her from the get go? If yes, my thoughts are moot. If not, why didnt she "play possum" just a little bit longer and let him dump her in the cane fields? Her injuries from the stab wounds may have still taken her but she had a better chance than against the gun. . .

I do not want to take anything away from her fighting to take BSL and putting him away. I just cant help thinking of the what ifs...

I've thought about that "what if", too. But, you know, if, as chicken fried hypothesized, BSL got out of the truck and went around to her door to open it to ... whatever ...whether "dump" what he thought was a body, assault her further, take her out and shoot her -- well, Mickey would not have had a way to know WHAT he had in mind. All she would have known is he was out of the truck for a moment and then, there he was again, opening the door on her side. She had one more chance ... and she made the best of it she could. All JMO.

Ah, God rest you well, Mickey...

I also wonder if she might have been a bit afraid of him. Here comes your half brother, into your life, and he ends up being a felon and kind of a scary guy. So maybe you try and be there for him as best you can, to avoid getting on his bad side, especially if you have kids at home. [ I have a scary relative that I used to be nice to out of fear.]

I wonder her Age. She is younger than he. Could be a bit naive, gullible, or afraid of him or for him.
Still, knowingly assisting him in any capacity regarding a crime is wrong. I'm just happy she cooperated with LE

wow. i never knew they did stuff like this! i love going to rodeos, but i always feel bad when there is a cowboy that gets hurt. wouldn't have that problem with this!! LOL.

ok finished the whole video and i've decided i have to go see this one day. i've fallen in love with LA with as much as i've learned about it the past 3 months and i need to visit!

It IS quite an event to attend. Good food, great articles to buy if you don't mind buying from a convict and the actual rodeo is great. One of the years that I went one of the prizes was $500 to retrieve a chip from the bulls forehead and these guys have no fear in going after it! I have a classmate that is serving time there for a double murder and it was rely eerie seeing him there.

And I would remind you, according to the Chief Croft press release, her testimony is one of the key pieces of evidence that has placed BSL where he is tonight. Resting uncomfortably (hopefully) in Angola.

Imo, the primary objective of the Prosecutor was to locate Mickey Schunick's remains and get two guilty pleas for Mickey & Lisa Pate, from Brandon Lavergne, in exchange for LWOP.

With a few exceptions, which can be verified with forensics, security camera footage, cell phone pings, OnStar, incident reports, witness testimony, etc., other unverifiable info provided by BSL, should be taken with a grain of salt.

BSL had over 5 weeks to concoct his story to meet his specific needs, with the intent to shine the best light possible on his evil deviant behavior.

BSL, considers the omitted information as his, and only his, private personal possession..

Hopefully the MSM will file FOIRs for the investigative files & interview transcripts when they become available that will enable us to mend the broken vase.

I wonder her Age. She is younger than he. Could be a bit naive, gullible, or afraid of him or for him.
Still, knowingly assisting him in any capacity regarding a crime is wrong. I'm just happy she cooperated with LE

bbm: "She is younger than he." I don't think we are sure of that -- though I understand why it would seem most likely.

I've thought about this too. My idea is Mickey was afraid he'd shoot her once she was dragged to the field to make sure she was dead so she decided to try to get the jump on him. OR BSL is full of it and she stabbed him while he was in the process of trying to rape her.

I dont' think she ever left the truck...
http://www.katc.com/files/lavergne statement.pdf re read page 8
I may be wrong... that he only intended to drag her but never did.

I think she did stop a rape!
moo

bbm: Maybe in one sense, this is true; but I think, in real life, when going after a "big crime", it happens quite often that the eyes of LE/justice agree to turn away from "little crimes", for the sake of reaching the greater objective. Just the way it works, often.

I hardly wish to sleuth the sister. Oh, me, Oh my, no. My words come across too broad, I suppose. I leave too many gaps for you all to ?. I'd think Crimson clover was a doozy, myself, were I on your end!
My MAJOR point, was to state a crime is a crime. Big or small.

I've thought about that "what if", too. But, you know, if, as chicken fried hypothesized, BSL got out of the truck and went around to her door to open it to ... whatever ...whether "dump" what he thought was a body, assault her further, take her out and shoot her -- well, Mickey would not have had a way to know WHAT he had in mind. All she would have known is he was out of the truck for a moment and then, there he was again, opening the door on her side. She had one more chance ... and she made the best of it she could. All JMO.

Ah, God rest you well, Mickey...
If I were in Mickey's place, it would have occurred to me (particularly if I knew beforehand that BSL had a gun), that even if he thought I was dead he might shoot me "for good measure". Maybe that thought occurred to Mickey, and may be the reason she fought back rather than continuing to "play possum". IMO

bbm: "She is younger than he." I don't think we are sure of that -- though I understand why it would seem most likely.

Oops! You are correct. It was an assumption based on the story of the circumstances we have heard regarding his adoption.

imagine being in mickey's shoes. you have just been hit by a truck and you have just been stabbed several times and he is driving you out into the middle of no where. you have no idea what he is going to do to you. you would have no way of knowing he is just going to dump you in the field, if this is even true. i don't know if i believe BSL's story completely. she knew that she had to try to kill him because that was obviously what he had already tried to do to her for macing him. i believe that's why she just didn't play dead. and you know he would have checked to see if she was dead or alive before he dumped her again and who knows what he would have done to her out there.

And I would remind you, according to the Chief Croft press release, her testimony is one of the key pieces of evidence that has placed BSL where he is tonight. Resting uncomfortably (hopefully) in Angola.

i agree. and there is no need to make another innocent person's life any harder because of BSL. if he had not come to her then she wouldn't even have this issue.

It IS quite an event to attend. Good food, great articles to buy if you don't mind buying from a convict and the actual rodeo is great. One of the years that I went one of the prizes was $500 to retrieve a chip from the bulls forehead and these guys have no fear in going after it! I have a classmate that is serving time there for a double murder and it was rely eerie seeing him there.

i'm so surprised they do this. do they check every person in attendance for weapons etc? i would think it would be too big of a risk for a family member of a murder victim to try to get revenge on a prisoner. but i'm sure they have that well thought out...

I dont' think she ever left the truck...
http://www.katc.com/files/lavergne statement.pdf re read page 8
I may be wrong... that he only intended to drag her but never did.

I think she did stop a rape!
moo

LOL, I'm not expressing myself well tonight. My thought was she heard BSL get out of the truck. At that point, she may have believed she would be shot. Mickey likely had no idea where they were and was following the advice we are given-fight, never go willingly.
I still think it's a good possibility that BSL was attempting to sexually attack her and that's when she was able to get the knife and stab him. I believe this was how he was stabbed in the back.

Here is another what if: What if bsl had enlisted the help of one of his excon cronies or somebody less honest than his sister? This whole thibg could be horribly different and we might still be looking for Mickey. Thank God his sister helped him out. Divine intervention if you ask me. I truly appreciate GarryB filling in those gaps for us. He didn't have to. Please oh please I hope we don't pick apart this poor girl's actions any more.

i'm so surprised they do this. do they check every person in attendance for weapons etc? i would think it would be too big of a risk for a family member of a murder victim to try to get revenge on a prisoner. but i'm sure they have that well thought out...

My daughter attended the rodeo with one of her friends and her friend's family. Their purses, backpacks, etc. were checked. She enjoyed it and I want to attend the rodeo one day.
As for revenge, it has never happened that I've heard. That's not to say it couldn't occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306