Britney Spears speaks …

I feel badly for her, but doctors don't prescribe Lithium to patients without having a good reason. It's a serious drug used to treat serious mental illness like bipolar disorder with manic episodes and schizophrenia.

Lithium: MedlinePlus Drug Information

She obviously has issues with serious, chronic mental illness. That means she needs regular treatment. She's incapable of caring for her own children. It's not her fault, of course. It can't be helped. But like anyone else with similar mental illness, she needs help to make sure she eats right, gets rest, avoids drugs and alcohol, etc. We've all seen what happens to mentally ill people who don't have that kind of supportive network of assistance.

JMO, if the conservatorship were to end, she would be in serious trouble fairly quickly. With no one to make sure she's taking medication, getting regular health care and eating and sleeping properly, she will spin out of control again. JMO, she would lose her mental health and her money before long.

Perhaps there's some middle ground where she is spending less of her fortune on lawyers and overseers. Perhaps the judge can consult with some doctors for a second opinion on whether she can live on her own safely.

Do people really believe she's ok and completely capable of living her life on her own? Looking at her history, the medications she takes and watching her sad videos, I don't think so.

Login • Instagram
I’d like to think that lithium isn’t prescribed willy nilly, but my sister was prescribed lithium about 10 years ago and was on it for a few years with terrible side effects. She had a big meltdown & the usual antidepressants etc weren’t working, so she was diagnosed with bipolar 1. Then another doctor years later took her off and and said she is not bipolar. She’s been on no drugs for years now and is doing very well. She has sometimes debilitating anxiety and probably had some postpartum depression at the time of meltdown. Also my high school boyfriend was caught smoking weed and listening to the Beatles & his very religious parents thought they were satanic so they had him committed to a hospital where he was put on lithium and told he was manic depressive! He is not bipolar and is not medicated 30 + years later. It does happen.

Also some of Britney’s friends are saying that she seemed to have postpartum depression at the time of her epic meltdown and was not treated. She was nursing and going through a divorce very publicly. I think people tend to dismiss how serious postpartum depression & psychosis can be. She definitely had a meltdown, and she may very well be bipolar or schizophrenic, who knows. But that shouldn’t cause her to lose all rights as a human adult. Should every mentally ill adult who is bad at taking meds be controlled legally by their dad when they do not wish that? That’s not typical so I just don’t understand how this conservatorship continues. It’s all about her money. IMO if they were that worried about her well being they would keep her away from performing not make her do it.

Do people really believe she's ok and completely capable of living her life on her own?

Yes, just like any of the male celebrities with mental illness who are not subject to this, and just like you or I if we were given a diagnosis, she should be free to choose her own support system - not have it forced upon her - and be able to live her life as she wishes.

She is an adult and capable of figuring her life out without continuing to be exploited and oppressed.

For how many years must this continue against her will just because she earns enough for these people to figure out a way to take a cut?

Yes, just like any of the male celebrities with mental illness who are not subject to this, and just like you or I if we were given a diagnosis, she should be free to choose her own support system - not have it forced upon her - and be able to live her life as she wishes.

She is an adult and capable of figuring her life out without continuing to be exploited and oppressed.

For how many years must this continue against her will just because she earns enough for these people to figure out a way to take a cut?

No offense and I hate to disagree, but, like most people with serious,incurable mental illness, she's not capable of figuring out her life or making her own decisions. True, male celebrities in the same situation don't have the same control exerted over their lives and it usually doesn't end very well, for them, their children or others who may become a victim.

No offense and I hate to disagree, but, like most people with serious,incurable mental illness, she's not capable of figuring out her life or making her own decisions. True, male celebrities in the same situation don't have the same control exerted over their lives and it usually doesn't end very well, for them, their children or others who may become a victim.

Mental illness is often successfully treated, though. It doesn't mean we take away the rights of everyone who has it. How she in particular is being treated appears unprecidented.

Snipped by me
JMO, if the conservatorship were to end, she would be in serious trouble fairly quickly. With no one to make sure she's taking medication, getting regular health care and eating and sleeping properly, she will spin out of control again. JMO, she would lose her mental health and her money before long.

So let her ,it is her money and her life. Keep her from having her kids. This is a cash cow for everyone but her. I think at this point she would be happier broke working at 7 11 , drinking wine with half the other crazy people allowed to be free in america ,but because of her money and worse yet the stuff she could expose they wont let her . This is modern enslavement and sicking.

Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears' manager, says she's retiring: Reports

Britney Spears' longtime manager has reportedly announced his resignation in a letter to her conservators, citing the pop icon's intent to "officially retire" from music.

I hope she finally does get to retire like she’s wanted to for a while now. I think the stress of performing is probably bad for her and I think it’s sad that she has been used throughout the conservatorship for $ when it was obviously not good for her or what she wanted.

OK, is there any documentation at all of a closed meeting between a licensed health/mental health professional & this judge at all, at any time?

Ideally, a licensed health/mental health professional selected by Ms. Spears?

Of course we should not see a transcript, but other than Dad (who has relied on Ms.Spears for income since her childhood) and his buddy the court-appointed lawyer who has provided information to this court?

Has there been a careful, non-biased review of Ms. Spears health by this court since 2008?

Are the conservator & the court-appointed lawyer supposed to gain millions of dollars from these roles?

Perhaps Ms. Spears does need a conservatorship. Let her be involved in selecting the staff. Let her income benefit herself & her children and other people/entities she chooses with reasonable oversight.

jmho ymmv lrr

Britney Spears' longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, resigns (nbcnews.com)

"I’ll be there for her if she ever needs me again, just as I always have been," Rudolph wrote in a letter to the pop singer's co-conservators.

Pop star Britney Spears’ longtime manager has resigned, saying it was in the singer’s “best interest” given her intention to retire.

Larry Rudolph sent the letter to Spears' co-conservators, her father, James "Jamie" Spears, and Jodi Montgomery. Rudolph said it had been over two and a half years since he last communicated with the singer, when she told him she planned to take an indefinite work hiatus.

"Earlier today, I became aware that Britney had been voicing her intention to officially retire," Rudolph, who has worked with Spears for the last 25 years, wrote in the letter first published Monday by Deadline and later confirmed by NBC News...

• Sam Ingham was appointed by the court to represent Britney in the conservatorship battle
  • He failed to file the paperwork needed to end the conservatorship even after she told a judge that she wanted to be freed of it
  • Ingham has also failed to explain why he never filed the paperwork
  • TMZ first reported his resignation - he is yet to file the paperwork with the court
  • On Monday, Britney's long-term manager Larry Rudolph resigned
  • He said he was no longer needed and that the singer wants to resign
  • A judge has to wait for an attorney to ask the court to terminate the conservatorship before it is voided
  • Jamie Spears, Britney's father, has been in control of it since 2008
Britney Spears' court-appointed attorney resigns after failing to file conservatorship paperwork | Daily Mail Online

I feel the conservators are not overly concerned about her well being. If she is so unwell that she needs such stringent control, she's being exploited by those who put her back on stage and those that want her to return to the stage again.

If she's considered well enough to perform, she's certainly well enough to control at least some part of her life. She's not the person she was 13 years ago and I would suggest that if released from total control, the fear of it happening again would encourage her to make good choices.

When this all started, there were many other options her father could have taken long before resorting to this level of control and I find it ironic that the courts allowed the most extreme measures first and according to the New York Times article I read, the reason noted was dementia.

After 13 years with dementia, her cognitive decline would be quite obvious to the whole world and for that reason alone, the conservatorship needs to be carefully scrutinized.

I feel badly for her, but doctors don't prescribe Lithium to patients without having a good reason. It's a serious drug used to treat serious mental illness like bipolar disorder with manic episodes and schizophrenia.

Lithium: MedlinePlus Drug Information

She obviously has issues with serious, chronic mental illness. That means she needs regular treatment. She's incapable of caring for her own children. It's not her fault, of course. It can't be helped. But like anyone else with similar mental illness, she needs help to make sure she eats right, gets rest, avoids drugs and alcohol, etc. We've all seen what happens to mentally ill people who don't have that kind of supportive network of assistance.

Perhaps there's some middle ground where she is spending less of her fortune on lawyers and overseers. Perhaps the judge can consult with some doctors for a second opinion on whether she can live on her own safely.

Do people really believe she's ok and completely capable of living her life on her own? Looking at her history, the medications she takes and watching her sad videos,
I don't think so.

Login • Instagram

I am replying to the statements I bolded above. My daughter was diagnosed with bipolar disorder-ultra rapid cycler when she was 16 - she was impulsive, aggressive, tried a multitude of different street drugs (fortunately did not become an addict) and had made 5 suicide attempts between the ages of 15 - 17 1/2 . My husband and I never thought she would make it to her 21st birthday. When she was 17 1/2 her doctor recommended a residential behavioral treatment center as a last ditch effort for some stabilization before she turned 18 and we lost control of her health care. The treatment center did help her gain some perspective about her illness and she gained the awareness that she needed to be proactive about her medical care. Her doctor told us that her brain would continue to mature until age 25 and her moods could stabilize enough for her to live somewhat of a normal life.

My daughter is now 35 years old, married for 6 years and has a 3 year old mildly autistic daughter (her husband has a brother and uncle with autism) Her bipolar disorder did become less severe when she was around 26. She still has manic and depressive episodes but not as severe and her mood swings are far less frequent. She follows up with her doctor regularly and takes her medication as prescribed. She is a great wife and an excellent mom - her house is clean and she is a great cook, she is diligent about paying her bills on time and putting money into savings every month. She is a wonderful advocate for her daughter - and is always making new therapy cards and games for her daughter, takes her daughter to the park and to therapy. Her daughter is well fed, well cared for and well loved. My daughter has not worked since she was 17 and then it was only for 2 weeks before she was let go - when her moods did stabilize she repeatedly applied for job after job but her lack of work history and poor social skills made her a poor candidate compared to other applicants. Her husband is in the military and they live 30 hours away from any family. She does not make friends easily but is in contact with me everyday and with her siblings a few times a week. When Covid lockdowns started her husband had just started a 4 month deployment. She was isolated without any support other than phone calls and she handled the situation extremely well.

I know bipolar disorder is different for everyone - but I am amazed Brittany has been able to continue to work if her condition is serious enough for her to be under a conservatorship. Having someone to make sure she shows up to perform is only a small part of her being able to work. She has to be able to remember her songs and her routine and her mood needs to be stable enough that she actually gives a crap about doing any of it. If her condition is so severe she needs someone to oversee every aspect of her life how in the world does she manage to perform night after night, week after week for months without a break for over 2 decades ?

IMO if her condition was so severe she needed someone to control her finances, her health care and she required supervised visitation with her children there is no way she would have been able to continue to perform on a regular basis for decades.

I am replying to the statements I bolded above. My daughter was diagnosed with bipolar disorder-ultra rapid cycler when she was 16 - she was impulsive, aggressive, tried a multitude of different street drugs (fortunately did not become an addict) and had made 5 suicide attempts between the ages of 15 - 17 1/2 . My husband and I never thought she would make it to her 21st birthday. When she was 17 1/2 her doctor recommended a residential behavioral treatment center as a last ditch effort for some stabilization before she turned 18 and we lost control of her health care. The treatment center did help her gain some perspective about her illness and she gained the awareness that she needed to be proactive about her medical care. Her doctor told us that her brain would continue to mature until age 25 and her moods could stabilize enough for her to live somewhat of a normal life.

My daughter is now 35 years old, married for 6 years and has a 3 year old mildly autistic daughter (her husband has a brother and uncle with autism) Her bipolar disorder did become less severe when she was around 26. She still has manic and depressive episodes but not as severe and her mood swings are far less frequent. She follows up with her doctor regularly and takes her medication as prescribed. She is a great wife and an excellent mom - her house is clean and she is a great cook, she is diligent about paying her bills on time and putting money into savings every month. She is a wonderful advocate for her daughter - and is always making new therapy cards and games for her daughter, takes her daughter to the park and to therapy. Her daughter is well fed, well cared for and well loved. My daughter has not worked since she was 17 and then it was only for 2 weeks before she was let go - when her moods did stabilize she repeatedly applied for job after job but her lack of work history and poor social skills made her a poor candidate compared to other applicants. Her husband is in the military and they live 30 hours away from any family. She does not make friends easily but is in contact with me everyday and with her siblings a few times a week. When Covid lockdowns started her husband had just started a 4 month deployment. She was isolated without any support other than phone calls and she handled the situation extremely well.

I know bipolar disorder is different for everyone - but I am amazed Brittany has been able to continue to work if her condition is serious enough for her to be under a conservatorship. Having someone to make sure she shows up to perform is only a small part of her being able to work. She has to be able to remember her songs and her routine and her mood needs to be stable enough that she actually gives a crap about doing any of it. If her condition is so severe she needs someone to oversee every aspect of her life how in the world does she manage to perform night after night, week after week for months without a break for over 2 decades ?

IMO if her condition was so severe she needed someone to control her finances, her health care and she required supervised visitation with her children there is no way she would have been able to continue to perform on a regular basis for decades.

This 1 million times!!

I worked in mental health for 16 years. I did not have a single client that was interdicted or had their rights held by another adult. They all still had their own rights! If things got bad enough, their physician would order them to inpatient hospitalization for a med adjustment. It was a very temporary loss of decision making.

The only clients (we didn't call then that, but for the sake of simplicity, that is what I will use here) that I had that were interdicted were a couple that had a dual diagnosis of very severe mental health, coupled with a developmental disability. And they were few and far between. We had to have soooo many human rights committee meetings in order to decide to legally request their rights to be removed. In America, adults have rights, no matter if they make bad decisions or not. Use drugs or not. Are unemployed or not. Broke or rich.. She was able to have a Vegas residency, host season of a talent competition and make music. That is so far away from anyone who would need their rights removed. There are about a billion people who should be stripped.of rights before she would come up on the list.

Perhaps someone can clarify, but it's my impression Britney hasn't worked in a few years. She lives in her own mansion in LA with her boyfriend, household staff, a trainer and other friends. She travels, takes vacations and lives a very nice life.

She likes to work out and dance every day, eats healthy gourmet meals. If you watch her Instagram videos, she talks about this every day. She has a lovely home, very luxurious and seems very proud of her home and work. I think the only work she does these days is recording her music.

She seems free to do what she wants, she doesnt have to work and it doesnt appear she does. She visits with her kids, they may even stay with her at times. Its my impression she still pays all their expenses.

My apologies for expressing an unpopular opinion. I only know personally of a few cases of friends And acquaintances with severe mental illness. Their lives are tragic, they go on and off medication, spend time in jail or in the hospital and are sometimes homeless. I dont know Britney, am not a fan and don't really follow celebrities. Best of luck to her.

Last edited:
  • Sam Ingham was appointed by the court to represent Britney in the conservatorship battle
  • He failed to file the paperwork needed to end the conservatorship even after she told a judge that she wanted to be freed of it
  • Ingham has also failed to explain why he never filed the paperwork
  • TMZ first reported his resignation - he is yet to file the paperwork with the court
  • On Monday, Britney's long-term manager Larry Rudolph resigned
  • He said he was no longer needed and that the singer wants to resign
  • A judge has to wait for an attorney to ask the court to terminate the conservatorship before it is voided
  • Jamie Spears, Britney's father, has been in control of it since 2008
Britney Spears' court-appointed attorney resigns after failing to file conservatorship paperwork | Daily Mail Online
There are people who can represent themselves in court, even in murder cases, so why can't Britney herself request the conservatorship be terminated by the court? She needs to go above this level of the courts even if it means to go in front of the supreme court.
JMO MOO IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back