Britney Spears speaks …

There are people who can represent themselves in court, even in murder cases, so why can't Britney herself request the conservatorship be terminated by the court? She needs to go above this level of the courts even if it means to go in front of the supreme court.
JMO MOO IMO

Technically, she can't make an application, hire a new lawyer or retain her own mental health professionals because at this time, she's considered legally incompetent.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I think it is disgusting that her dad continues to try to control her life . I was suggesting that she may need people to help challenge her fathers control on her mental health and affairs since she is not legally aloud to do so it would appear she needs someone with a vested interested in her health in well being to do so on her behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I think it is disgusting that her dad continues to try to control her life . I was suggesting that she may need people to help challenge her fathers control on her mental health and affairs since she is not legally aloud to do so it would appear she needs someone with a vested interested in her health in well being to do so on her behalf.

Inserting myself, but we have orderly, logical discussions here at Websleuths. Our aim is not to leverage ourselves into better situations or to pad our own pockets. We want to help grieving families.

We can look up information in various media, follow court websites, think out loud with each other. We have health professionals, educators, law enforcement, financial/accounting professionals, retirees, people from large families and small, people of a wide range of ages and backgrounds.

A small group of us could be a good choice for oversight of a conservatorship, just sayin'.

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Inserting myself, but we have orderly, logical discussions here at Websleuths. Our aim is not to leverage ourselves into better situations or to pad our own pockets. We want to help grieving families.

We can look up information in various media, follow court websites, think out loud with each other. We have health professionals, educators, law enforcement, financial/accounting professionals, retirees, people from large families and small, people of a wide range of ages and backgrounds.

A small group of us could be a good choice for oversight of a conservatorship, just sayin'.

jmho ymmv lrr
I even though about seeing if Kim Kardashin could help ''Free Britney". I mean if fighting injustices is her Newish thing.

I even though about seeing if Kim Kardashin could help ''Free Britney". I mean if fighting injustices is her Newish thing.

She's been invited to speak before congress.

I doubt her conservators are foolish enough to refuse to let her speak out of fear of a full investigation but if they do allow her to speak, they are essentially indicating that she's cognitive enough to be released from the conservatorship.

With any luck at all, those who have manipulated the system to line thier pockets will become free agents in the near future.

I read somewhere that built into her conservatorship papers, were nullifiers. For instance having a clean drug record every month for a certain period of time, would cancel the conservatorship.

Has anyone else read something similar?

I know for her own privacy, many facts are, and should remain unknown. Which makes a fair analysis of this situation difficult.

They sealed her 911 call..she felt she had to call 911 . They should be in prison. I wonder how much those weekly meeting cost her estate, Plus they have control of any asset in the event of her death so I do fear she could be suicided.

I have much greater concern for her right now than I did when she had her meltdown and believe most sane and healthy people would be verging on suicidal if they were stripped of their basic rights and dignities.

I have much greater concern for her right now than I did when she had her meltdown and believe most sane and healthy people would be verging on suicidal if they were stripped of their basic rights and dignities.

I absolutely agree.
Looking at this case, as though Britney Spears was a single mother who worked a regular 9-5 job, it is really is very bizarre and unsettling what is going on. JMHO

That is what concerns me about her safety. They have a lot to lose if they don't maintain control and people may believe she did kill herself ,even if she didnt. I am concerned for her personal safety because at this point they seem more dangerous to her then she is to herself. She is acting in very strong ways to express her will to live on her own terms ,and they act as if she is mentally unstable and has no concern for herself . She has shown that she does want a normal life and can follow rules

Omg. She is so right. I hope everyone listens to her. And realizes just how scary it is that if someone with that kind of money and connections and resources can be held captive, any single one of us can. We are all one accusation and court hearing away from not being able to even speak up up ourselves. There is NOTHING in her mental capacity that should strip her of her dignity and rights. Shes right. Its criminal. And inexcusable. And I hope some hard hitter attorney steps in to help her real soon!

This is all so very sad. If she does regain some control of her life, she may not seek help for any mental health issues that she has, b/c how will she ever trust anyone ever again? All the people who she should be able to trust and who should have been looking out for her best interests have taken advantage of her her whole life. I think that’s why she’s refusing an evaluation at this point. How can she trust the results? No one has been looking out for HER, only her money, how she can make more and how it can benefit THEM.
At the very least, her father should be taken off the conservatorship. Why must it be him who’s in charge of all her affairs when she’s expressed that she doesn’t want that? At the very least the judge should have appointed someone impartial to oversee her conservatorship a long time ago. MOO

I’d like to think that lithium isn’t prescribed willy nilly, but my sister was prescribed lithium about 10 years ago and was on it for a few years with terrible side effects. She had a big meltdown & the usual antidepressants etc weren’t working, so she was diagnosed with bipolar 1. Then another doctor years later took her off and and said she is not bipolar. She’s been on no drugs for years now and is doing very well. She has sometimes debilitating anxiety and probably had some postpartum depression at the time of meltdown. Also my high school boyfriend was caught smoking weed and listening to the Beatles & his very religious parents thought they were satanic so they had him committed to a hospital where he was put on lithium and told he was manic depressive! He is not bipolar and is not medicated 30 + years later. It does happen.

Also some of Britney’s friends are saying that she seemed to have postpartum depression at the time of her epic meltdown and was not treated. She was nursing and going through a divorce very publicly. I think people tend to dismiss how serious postpartum depression & psychosis can be. She definitely had a meltdown, and she may very well be bipolar or schizophrenic, who knows. But that shouldn’t cause her to lose all rights as a human adult. Should every mentally ill adult who is bad at taking meds be controlled legally by their dad when they do not wish that? That’s not typical so I just don’t understand how this conservatorship continues. It’s all about her money. IMO if they were that worried about her well being they would keep her away from performing not make her do it.

Actually, at least in my case, lithium is prescribed all willy nilly. I grew up in an abusive household and by the time i was 15, i was suicidl and my mother took me to a dr who diagnosed me as bipolar. I took it for a year and then refused to continue taking it. Since i moved out of that home and lived my adult life i have not had one single mental health issue. I am 42 now. Its safe to say that i had a willy nilly doctor.

Actually, at least in my case, lithium is prescribed all willy nilly. I grew up in an abusive household and by the time i was 15, i was suicidl and my mother took me to a dr who diagnosed me as bipolar. I took it for a year and then refused to continue taking it. Since i moved out of that home and lived my adult life i have not had one single mental health issue. I am 42 now. Its safe to say that i had a willy nilly doctor.

With two family members with BP I've looked at litihum and also for my profession into how it is prescribed, what for, etc. If I remember correctly people that are on litihum often have to have their Lithium levels checked periodically to make sure that the levels are safe and correct.

Per 2014 prescribing guidelines:
- Dose adjusted to achieve a serum-lithium concentration of 0.4–1 mmol/litre 12 hours after a dose on days 5–7 of treatment, then every week until dosage has remained constant for 4 weeks and every 3 months thereafter; once daily administration in the evening is preferred to ensure consistent serum-lithium concentration. See section 4.7 for more detail.
Section 4.7
Lithium level Always check that the timing of the blood sample has been appropriate. The desired level depends on what indication lithium has been prescribed for and past clinical response:  0.4-1.0 mmol/L may be effective for recurrent depressive disorder  0.6-1.0 mmol/L in bipolar affective disorder, depressive episode  0.8-1.0 mmol/L in difficult to treat bipolar affective disorder, manic episode

https://psychscenehub.com/psychinsights/lithium-prescribing-monitoring-clinical-practice/
has more updated information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back