Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "tip" the Fbi says they received about the landfill has me puzzled. Since they were told by Kevin that it went into a certain dumpste, I would figure they would have contacted that refuse company and found what landfill their trash was taken to and then from there contacted the landfill to find out where that pick up dates trash was deposited within the landfill. So either they had this info..or Kevin gave them bad info and has since given the right dumpster or whatever in which he placed the safe.

Does anyone else find this odd?

i find everything about the safe odd because i still reject the basic premise that someone got a phonecall that said "hey go get my safe and computer and throw them in the garbage" and that they then hung up the phone and did just that. it is beyond believable.

it wouldnt really matter if pictures of her were on thousands of other websites.

if you arent posting pictures/links to pictures and theorizing that they may be AR then my post wasnt meant for you and just ignore me. :)

O/T:
No offense liljim, but this is why regular members shouldn't tell other members what the rules are unless they are asked, because it really does start bickering from my experience. The mods/admin here are great at what they do, and they are very fair, so I think they should be the ones to tell people the rules, or warn posters if/when they cross the line with a post.
JMO JMO JMO
Please...don't think I'm being bitchy, I'm not. :)

NOW..on to the topic at hand.....

Hello Peepls

This is my post Numero Uno on here! :)

I am new to WS, but not new to Brooke's story.

Thanks for all the amazing links everyone has been posting throughout the unfolding of this saga!

I must say I was surprised to see that Denise was at Brooke's funeral too!
I wonder what the undertones were like, between family members.
That...and the fact that there were members of LE so visible, must have created a weird vibe?!
I feel so bad for Brooke's dad everytime I see him. He looks *broken*! :(

Anyway, I am glad that the FBI has gotten a new tip about the safe! Perhaps another piece in this jigsaw puzzle is about to be revealed.

Hello and welcome. :)

I'm surprised Denise showed too, but maybe Cassandra told her it was ok to come and allow "C" to read something for Brooke.
I just think these two women (Cassandra and Denise) are very strange.
I guess that's putting it mildly...lol.

O/T:
No offense liljim, but this is why regular members shouldn't tell other members what the rules are unless they are asked, because it really does start bickering from my experience. The mods/admin here are great at what they do, and they are very fair, so I think they should be the ones to tell people the rules, or warn posters if/when they cross the line with a post.
JMO JMO JMO
Please...don't think I'm being bitchy, I'm not. :)

NOW..on to the topic at hand.....

i tried to do it in the most polite way possible and help people avoid problems, i should have known better. it wont happen again.

i find everything about the safe odd because i still reject the basic premise that someone got a phonecall that said "hey go get my safe and computer and throw them in the garbage" and that they then hung up the phone and did just that. it is beyond believable.

I agree. The whole thing seems a bit off there.

Yes I do. I also didnt realize they were looking for a computer and a safe. I thought it was just a safe. Also makes me wonder where the computers that Gagnon was seen carrying into the Alabama home came from?

The "tip" the Fbi says they received about the landfill has me puzzled. Since they were told by Kevin that it went into a certain dumpste, I would figure they would have contacted that refuse company and found what landfill their trash was taken to and then from there contacted the landfill to find out where that pick up dates trash was deposited within the landfill. So either they had this info..or Kevin gave them bad info and has since given the right dumpster or whatever in which he placed the safe.

Does anyone else find this odd?

initial reports were a computer and safe, now i think it is possibly a computer (or just a hard drive) inside a safe?

Documents Say Jacques Impregnated Teen Relative

RANDOLPH, Vt. -- Court documents have surfaced in the case of Michael Jacques, the man charged with kidnapping 12-year-old Brooke Bennett, accusing him of sexually abusing a relative when the girl was 8 years old and he was 11 years old.

The documents, a 1985 affidavit from an Orange County court, outline seven years of alleged sexual abuse that included oral sex and vaginal intercourse, which eventually resulted in the then 15 year-old girl being impregnated by Jacques.

http://www.wptz.com/news/16845790/detail.html

Thanks for the link Starr!
What a sorry azz SOB!!!
Makes me sick!!!!!!

Exactly..if Savanna had been off work this whole thing would not fly. Also everyone seemed to be at work that day but MJ. I think that Brooke was probably expected back sometime that day into afternoon from the sleepover with her cousin. When that didn't happen her Mom was scared and started calling around. Later that evening , Good old MJ who had changed her MySpace at his computer, said look what I found ,I think she ran off this boy on MySpace. Which is when the LE were called and MJ starts hanging himself with all his tales about the hospital, finding her shoe, etc. Brooke's family, other then MJ and AR knew nothing about her going to visit a friend in the hospital..Mj made that up and related it as that evening unfolded. Then they thought she'd be home soon. But low and behold it got later then he comes forward with the Myspace story. And then he finds the shoe. What a tiwisted web he spun..but not so twisted that LE had him in their sights from the get go.

What really gets me is that he needed that extra time before the Mom (Grandma, family friend) called LE when she was "missing" - and he got it. How lucky was that. :confused:

Yes I do. I also didnt realize they were looking for a computer and a safe. I thought it was just a safe. Also makes me wonder where the computers that Gagnon was seen carrying into the Alabama home came from?

I think since he still owned the house and was renting a room from Kevin, he must've had a storage unit.

Also, all I ever read was that Kevin said he threw it in a dumpster and the FBI was unable to recover it. Maybe a tip came in as to which company had dumpsters in the area? On the video, it looked like Kevin lived in a residential neighborhood and as far as I know we don't have dumpsters. Only on construction sites or in a business locale.

i tried to do it in the most polite way possible and help people avoid problems, i should have known better. it wont happen again.

No offense was taken and none was meant--I was just trying to point out that I think everyone is trying to be careful. I certainly didn't mean to come across harshly and I apologize if I came across disrespectful to you or anyone else. :blowkiss:

Yes I do. I also didn't realize they were looking for a computer and a safe. I thought it was just a safe. Also makes me wonder where the computers that Gagnon was seen carrying into the Alabama home came from?

I was wondering the same thing ever since the neighbor in Cullman said he saw RG enter the home with computer equipment. To me that is more then a laptop or removable hard drives. So he must have had equipment stashed somewhere else too, picked that up, and tried to hide it at the Cullman address...then went to the library to use their computers to fiddle with what MJ had started on emails , etc.

Do you think they thought by accessing computers in so many different locales they wouldn't get caught? I mean he even used the computer before he left Texas. It was wasn't a question of catching them, I think from day one the FBI knew MJ was the ring leader..just untangling this maze of computer and cell phone data to see who else was involved.

No offense was taken and none was meant--I was just trying to point out that I think everyone is trying to be careful. I certainly didn't mean to come across harshly and I apologize if I came across disrespectful to you or anyone else. :blowkiss:

nope! i should not have made my initial post, it was unnecessary and not my place. all good. :)

That is the reason it was held there.

Then I would say that the family probably had to acknowledge the press would be there and asked , through the funeral director, to please make it as unintrusive as possible.

Thanks to the people who have posted links to the TX news stories about the landfill search.

The general manager at the station whose newscast video clip appears on this site should be a little more careful with the facts. The news announcer starts the story with "A 12-year old is murdered by her uncle...".
http://www.ksat.com/news/16847272/detail.html

Sure, we all think it's true, but the guy hasn't even been charged yet, let alone convicted. I hate when the news media gets sloppy with the facts. [/rant]

I think landfill managers are able to pretty much pinpoint where on a grid each garbage company/individual truck dumps refuse, so hopefully it won't take long for them to unearth this stuff.

If anyone reading this is among the people working in that 90+ degree heat and smelling what must be an ungodly stench, thank you.

I was wondering the same thing ever since the neighbor in Cullman said he saw RG enter the home with computer equipment. To me that is more then a laptop or removable hard drives. So he must have had equipment stashed somewhere else too, picked that up, and tried to hide it at the Cullen address...then went to the libray to use their computers to fiddle with what MJ had started on emails , etc.

Do you think they thought by accessing computers in so many different locales they wouldn't get caught? I mean he even used the computer before he left Texas. It was wasn't a question of catching them, I think from day one the FBI knew MJ was the ring leader..just untangling this maze of computer and cell phone data to see who else was involved.

It's really hard to believe how idiotic MJ and RG were after the fact.
Thank goodness, but wow!

Thanks to the people who have posted links to the TX news stories about the landfill search.

The general manager at the station whose newscast video clip appears on this site should be a little more careful with the facts. The news announcer starts the story with "A 12-year old is murdered by her uncle...".
http://www.ksat.com/news/16847272/detail.html

Sure, we all think it's true, but the guy hasn't even been charged yet, let alone convicted. I hate when the news media gets sloppy with the facts. [/rant]

I think landfill managers are able to pretty much pinpoint where on a grid each garbage company/individual truck dumps refuse, so hopefully it won't take long for them to unearth this stuff.

If anyone reading this is among the people working in that 90+ degree heat and smelling what must be an ungodly stench, thank you.

I hope they aren't on a wild goose chase. I'm still unsure KG told the truth about dumping the safe.

nope! i should not have made my initial post, it was unnecessary and not my place. all good. :)

Aw heck, this whole thing has us all heartbroken I think. It's good that we can come here and vent. Now we just need more answers!!!!

I saw that too on the news when they said MJ murdered Brooke. But I have to confess, I totally think he did murder her and to hear it out loud made me want to yell YES and he really needs to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500