CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"[Teresa] Robinette said her sister left home at 16 to get married to David, who was eight years her senior. She said her sister and brother-in-law were very strict with their kids.

“They weren't allowed to date, or they didn't have a social life,” she said. “They weren't allowed to watch TV. They weren't allowed to talk on the phone, have friends over, stuff like that. Normal things that kids do.”

More here -- also has photo of family with adult children with faces unblurred. https://www.today.com/news/aunt-13-children-held-captive-parents-california-home-speaks-out-t121288

Those “kids” in the photo have been told to put their arms behind them, so you can’t see how emaciated they are. The most emaciated faces go with the hidden arms. The baggy tee shirts hide the torsos.

The most emaciated boy is barely visible at the back. You just see his head.

And then, they’re labeled Things. That’s what they been reduced to. Can you imagine the humiliation of having to weara T-shirt like that!

It looks like some of the younger girls don’t have scrawny arms. I’ll be the parents hadn’t got to work on them yet. Unimaginably traumatic to know that you could be the next one.

Do we know though if they’ve always been home schooled and secluded? I’m not being sarcastic, I really don’t remember reading about it. Plus, they’ve obviously spent time around their cousins, based on published pics. The cousins look more adjusted to society (? Idk how to say it) so they’ve been around “normal”.

The 17 year old somehow knew this wasn’t right. I think it’s very possible the others knew the same but were too scared to make a move. I do think they were either brainwashed, terrified, or a bit of both.

I think for the most part what they knew was living in a house with their parents and being controlled even to the point of not being able to wear clothes that differ from the others.
Whatever the reason the 17 yr old acted (maybe a case of do or die) thank goodness she found her chance.

[FONT=proxima_nova]The Turpins renewed their wedding vows often, each time surrounded by all of their children, she said.

[/FONT]
https://www.today.com/news/aunt-13-children-held-captive-parents-california-home-speaks-out-t121288

JMO
This is interesting to me and I am wondering if there are other documented cases where it was proven that a mother was obsessed with being pregnant and having babies all the time for the main enjoyment of the infancy and dependency stage.

Until this case I have not heard of this possibility but I could see where it may happen. There is something special that happens when a baby needs to be 100% dependent on the Mother and I could see where a Mother may want or desire that feeling of being needed over and over again through the infancy and early childhood stage.

I am wondering if there are other cases where this sort of thing has happened and has been proven to become an obsession.

My mother :tantrum:

How big is the back yard? Any speculation that they may have buried some? if there were other children.

Maybe those kids weren’t laying sod under cover of darkness to get new grass. Maybe they were covering something over with sod. Chills....

Don’t you think the whole idea of kids laying sod is bizarre? One of the rare times the neighbors see the kids, they’re laying sod? Something else going on here...

I hate to say this but I'm wondering if all the kids are from the mother and father, seems bizarre but the 2 year old and possibly others are from one of the adult girls and either a sibling or the father. I'm sure LE is already doing DNA testing.

The only thing about this is, anorexic girls/women are amenhorreic. That makes them infertile? They don’t have enough sustenance for an extra being. Unless, perhaps, they were fattened up for that purpose.

Awful thought...maybe those parents couldn’t tolerate menstruation and prevented it?

Maybe those kids weren’t laying sod under cover of darkness to get new grass. Maybe they were covering something over with sod. Chills....

Don’t you think the whole idea of kids laying sod is bizarre? One of the rare times the neighbors see the kids, they’re laying sod? Something else going on here...

Just was discussing this exact point with my partner. If anything, this one sighting of scared, skinny "children" laying turf under flood lights late at night while their mother looks on from the doorway, is the one thing that would have me immediately calling CPS.

Late night child labour is such a red flag raiser? I'm not a parent but that would have been very concerning to see.

Apparently it was in October when the city were citing residents for unkempt lawn. I'm trying to find a source for you but there is so much news covering the same points in different ways, it's hard!

Disney Land opens 1955
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/disneyland-opens

Bbm: Good Q. I am not sure...

I had no idea the original Disney Land, CA has been around for this long. But I do know from growing up in that era that children were not marketed to like they are in the last few decades especially. I never even heard of it until it opened in Florida! I never knew anyone growing up who went to DL.

On the north east coast, we went to the shore for entertainment. Trips were national park oriented in the 50's-70's...

So my guess is with the explosion of children's entertainment, 80's and on, huge marketing, and now social media to record everything, it has become the ultimate destination for kids & families?

Ironic really, with a family of this size, and living in the natural beauty of CA and the wonder of the West, with all the teaching opportunities that abound, that they travelled repeatedly to the artificial fantasylands of Vegas with Elvis, and Disney Land. --In this case, it was not for the kids, either, just for the image. Imo
-Really sad.

My family took us a few times, on our way to the beach. We took the kids. Now the grandkids have been. I think it's something that parents can do with their kids that holds fond memories for them too. The attractions that I enjoyed most, when I went, as a child, were some of the same ones that my kids, and grandkids, enjoyed the most (and my first visit was over 40 years ago). It's safe family fun. You don't have to worry about the characters doing anything weird. It's billed as The Happiest Place on Earth. You won't even see a plane fly over the Orlando site. It's a whole different world while you're there. I know folks who go a couple times a year, just the two of them.

With that said, I think that one or both of the parents enjoyed going as much, or more, than the children. I've not seen photos of the children on the Matterhorn, It's a Small World, or any other kid rides. I had a couple of male friend's who suffered from Peter Pan Syndrome. I think this mom may have Tinkerbell Syndrome (it's a thing). Short women who have dual behaviours, and enjoy attention they get from males from being cute and tiny , and they can go from being sweet and submissive, to being the boss. I've noticed that she seemed to enjoy Tink. Also, I think there's a reason they used the same Elvis each time. I think that Mom was a bit taken with him. Watch the videos, she's not all that into the lucky spouse wanting to hug on her. She keeps looking at Elvis. One more thing, she nor dad can dance either. They've zero clue. IANAPsychiatrist but I've been around a lot of different folks, and while both have their problems, I bet mom figured out how to passively/aggressively get her way. Just my 2¢.

A few OT posts have been removed.

Also, for those who may not know, Reddit is not an approved site at WS. They do not have the same Rules that WS does. Please do NOT link to it or bring information over from there. It is considered rumor and posts referring to it will be removed.

Just was discussing this exact point with my partner. If anything, this one sighting of scared, skinny "children" laying turf under flood lights late at night while their mother looks on from the doorway, is the one thing that would have me immediately calling CPS.

Late night child labour is such a red flag raiser? I'm not a parent but that would have been very concerning to see.

Apparently it was in October when the city were citing residents for unkempt lawn. I'm trying to find a source for you but there is so much news covering the same points in different ways, it's hard!

In this case, the neighbours thought there was a plausible reason for the family to be working on the lawn - neglected gardens in the area had been cited, so the neighbours figured the family was just quickly making repairs so they wouldn't get into trouble.
I think they worked at night to reduce the chance of interaction - it could have gone against them, if someone had woken up to the fact that only seeing the kids at night was a red flag.

It says a lot that the kids were working while the mother watched. She didn't want to get her Disney princess hands dirty.

I am hoping that if there was another son (not just a typo in the bankruptcy paperwork), that he managed to walk away and is living somewhere else. He would likely be one of the adult siblings by now I am thinking?

Didn't we hear something early on, that one of the siblings did leave, and had married? I thought maybe this might have been part of the reason behind the chaining. It may have been just rumor or folks pondering where son #4 went.

Is there a possibility that all the offspring have genetic/chromosomal abnormalities, e.g. Turner Syndrome. Is that something that could potentially happen over and over again if you have 13 babies? Even if some of them don't, I guess I'm grasping at straws and not trying to excuse what they've done - just wondering if the apparent medical conditions they're suffering with are congenital and therefore likely to be repeated - my opinion is that they basically chained the disobedient/rebellious ones to the furniture, they let the ones who wouldn't run away (younger ones, disabled ones) live in their own filth, abused and neglected, the parents came and went as they liked with just the cute little ones maybe, the house wasn't cleaned or maintained, she kept getting pregnant and having babies - I assume at home, without a midwife - and it all just literally kept piling up and up over the years. I guess when people isolate themselves and push us away, we often just think "oh well I take the hint" and leave it at that, even family, especially when they respond negatively to your repeated requests. She's obviously mentally very unwell, a hoarder, and these poor children suffered because of it. I can't get this story out of my head either :(

e1bdd9fd0f210e7f0db83672de2d8f1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are four boys in this one... wearing a matching shirt... someone tell me if I'm just seeing things?

Does anyone have any idea why Disneyland seems to surface in cases with twisted people?

We saw it in the Heather Elvis case where the family that is suspected of killing Heather had an obsession with everything Disney.

And we are seeing it in this case. There may be other cases.

Is there something about the way Disney makes everyone feel they are in a fantasy land that it would attract people living in their own fantasy?

Another question that has been bugging me is what was with all the names starting with "J"? The Duggars did the same thing. Is that to keep them from being independent and having an identity of their own or something?

Just some things I have been wondering about and wondering if there is something more deep about it?
Karla Homolka also loved loved Disney. It is creepy.

And those marks are typically greasy because dogs build up grease in their fur, particularly where their collars and harnesses are. And that's why this makes me want to hurl, because it does look like the marks dogs and cats make, and so it makes me wonder what kind of hygiene they even allowed the kids to have. Imagine 15 showers a day. You would need at least two hot water heaters and either huge water tanks (if you are pumping well water in out in the country), or multiple water tanks. Then there's the issue of water pressure with these tanks. If they lived out in the country, they were dealing with this. And I bet they did not have it set up to actually accommodate proper hygiene for all those people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think these kids got regular baths and clean clothing at all. From the description of the home I just can't see good grooming as being a priority in the home. I'm surprised that their dental health "looks" to okay. . That amount of malnutrition I'd think would have an affect on dental health too. My ex was so very malnourished that they could not even repair a broken femur. He could not be sedated until he was built up a bit. When that happened, they had to re-break the bone, iirc, and set it. His body was still weak, and suffering from being malnourished, that everything just started collapsing, like a domino effect, and he eventually lost the leg, and it had a bad end all the way around (not to be negative). It's probably a good thing they didn't go out much. A broken bone, or the flu, likely could have had a bad end. Of course now they have care, and young folks do rebound more quickly, and they have that in their favor.

There are four boys in this one... wearing a matching shirt... someone tell me if I'm just seeing things?

The boy standing next to the Turpin “Dad” is wearing a different shirt if you look closely (it has bright pink that the others don’t have) and is part of the other family.

I've tried to search for info from the Riverside County Court for times court will start tomorrow but the site doesn't load each time I try (several times today). I can only get a snapshot of what the site appeared to be like Tuesday afternoon (my local time).

Have authorities prevented access to this info? or is it to do with my location... I'm in Australia but I've tried through other means and nothing...

I have not read the entire content of this thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I've taken the liberty to upload two pictures published in the Daily Mail's original article side by side, LINK here.
What I noticed is that in close comparison though there 13 children in each picture it seems to me that the children (and the photos) are from several years apart. Particularly the older girls look year's older in the blue t-shirt picture, yet there are new baby's being held in both pictures. Is it possible that some of their children died? That's what these pictures suggest to me. Any thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• fam.jpeg
    fam.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors