CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I caught that part, too! I know someone who does that with their dog - they prepare the dog's dinner and hold the bowl, and the dog must obediently wait and sit before they put it on the floor. For a dog training that makes sense. For a child, it's creating learned dependency, it's about control and deeply sinister (I shudder at a small child looking into LT's eyes), and shows a complete lack of love from the mother. Whatever label helps people assess LT works, she is clearly evil and she perpetrated her brand of evil against her own children.

O/T I tried that with my 4 (now 3) dogs and they laughed in my face. [emoji12]

Stockholm syndrome is when victim identifies with their abuser. It doesn't seem that ES liked her kidnapper very much. In her case it seems she was simply scared to do anything to get away rather than staying with her kidnapper because she identified with him.

And because he had threatened to kill her family iirc.

I have to say that if a neighbor child approached me asking for help and a ride and info on how to escape such as how to get a driver's license and how to reach the police, I would help that child and drive them to the police station to tell their story. I would feel obligated as a normal person and I would have to help the child. I don't understand why someone, apparently a police officer, would return them to the abusive home the child was allegedly trying to escape. Did the officer even inspect the home and notice it was trashed and the siblings were also suffering and starving? Or take the child seriously? I have so many questions.
Exactly. If my neighbor's child was walking up the road, or showed up at my door, asking those questions, Especially for HELP, I'd ask her to wait and then I'd call our local sheriff, and sit with the child til LE arrived.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have to think that the polaroids left behind at the Texas house as well as the drawing on the wall were cries for help.

Can anybody make out what the word is that is written next to the drawing on the wall?
I think the picture on the wall was drawn by one of the parents. The kids would have surely been beat for drawing on the wall.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I kept that round-body picture open from an earlier thread as I was so fascinated by it, and I was also curious about the letters on it that look like a signature.

Although it has a child-like appearance with the stick-arms, the art is quite high-quality and does not look like it's been done by a very young child to me. It looks like an impressionistic/cartoon type thing done by an older mind. Young children don't form eyes in that way, they usually either make dots or wildish circles. I also thought that the circles of the body were very well-formed, and again that's a skill that comes from a lot of practice in an older child.

My fear was that the signature was something like JTVI. It didn't seem to be any of their names, not even in awkward handwriting from lack of handwriting practice or nerve damage in the hands/lack of fine motor control. And the drawing itself doesn't seem to suggest a major problem with holding a pen/pencil and having good control of it.

So, even aside from us not being able to comprehend the subject matter in the drawing, there's a lot more there for analysis...

I am thinking this drawing might be be the fathers. It's in the Texas house as far as we know. To me, it's too sophsicated for kids that age at that time? Unless one was artistically advanced. He's over six feet tall. As an engineering grad in the early 80's drawings were still done by hand before CAD programs? So, the father had geometry & visual skills, Imo. What it means, who knows.

Here are some electrical symbols for reference.

ETA: maybe a cartoon symbol reminder to fix the smoke detector above?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't know if this has been posted but there is an article with more pictures of the Texas home. Quite horrifying. But there is a picture of this drawing that was posted a few threads back that shows it was drawn on a wall. It is quite large and up high by the upper right next to a door. And, the other thing I notice is the circles are almost perfect. That's not easy to do at that scale, especially.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5318481/House-Horrors-pair-fled-Texas-child-sought-help.html

attachment.php

Couple of observations on this drawing.

It looks like there is feces smeared in the very center of the concentric circles.

The smear is located in the bottom area where the guts would be if it were a real person.

The nose that was drawn looks like a pig.

The character is very rotund.

The character is frowning.

IMO this character was drawn after one of the kids smeared the feces on the wall. This was a message to the kids in response.

Why didn't she just yell, "Help me, I'm Elizabeth Smart. I've been kidnaped" while they were sitting in the restaurant or when the kidnapper was talking to the cop in the library? Why even after she was alone with the police, did she only admit to being Elizabeth Smart, after they told her they knew who she was, and that her father was on the way to pick her up? That's not fear, that is classic Stockholm Syndrome.

Because she believed she and/or her family would be killed. She was a kid under her captors' complete and utter control. They knew where she and her family lived, so not a stretch for her to believe they would kill them (and her). She lived with that fear every day. Check out interviews she has done on this topic.

I am thinking this drawing might be be the fathers. It's in the Texas house as far as we know. To me, it's too sophsicated for kids that age at that time? Unless one was artistically advanced. He's over six feet tall. As an engineering grad in the early 80's drawings were still done by hand before CAD programs? So, the father had geometry & visual skills, Imo. What it means, who knows.

Here are some electrical symbols for reference.

ETA: maybe a cartoon symbol reminder to fix the smoke detector above?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Using your post to ask a question. Thank you!
First of all, I wonder if there is a photo of the bottom of the drawing ? Any legs or shoes?
IMO...At the center of the bullseye, it appears to be a hole with a small rag stuffed into it. Can anyone get a better close up and post?
Thank you in advance

This is an HONEST QUESTION.
Is there a mental disorder related to DISNEY?
Dee Dee Blanchard and Gypsy Rose come to mind.
Her mother chained her to a bed to keep her from running away.
Mom had munchausen by proxy and lived the fame and attention- so a polar opposite, but seriously.
While the movies seem so innocent, they are a little disturbing when you actually get to thinking about them.

THAT whole "Happily Ever After" I'm sure happens for many people, but...

These people who are really obsessed, and I don't mean they visit Disney regularly, I mean the eat, drink, sleep, breathe DISNEY.

THERE may not be yet, but I see a DSM VII or VIII diagnosis in parents who abuse their children that are also DISNEY obsessed.

Fantasmic Magical detachment disorder or similar.
MOO
(If Sigmund Freud were alive today...)
Goodness he'd be a busy man!
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No. It's just coincidence. A lot of folks love Disney. Especially the Orlando park. Great family entertainment. The Orlando park averages about 50k visitors per day. My parents took us, we took my children, our grandchildren have been, my cousins, and many friends, have been. Most are repeat visitors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As a foster mom, I've seen almost every child I've ever had in my home have a fierce loyalty toward their birth parent(s), regardless of the atrocities they perpetrated against the kids - starvation, locked in dark closets, sexually abused, passed around to friends and family members, locked outside in winter storms, etc.

I have a three-year-old I've had for two years, taken away from her birth parents for many of the above reasons. She still has weekly visits with her birth parents, though they only show up about 50% of the time. Though she views me as her "mama," she would go back to her birth mom in a second if given the chance.

I hope the Turpin kids feel much differently -- all of them

It's so sad.

I believe this is why the children were not asked to testify in the Fritzl case. LE felt the testimony of the mother was sufficient, plus the children had no "normal" for comparison.

Because she believed she and/or her family would be killed. She was a kid under her captors' complete and utter control. They knew where she and her family lived, so not a stretch for her to believe they would kill them (and her). She lived with that fear every day. Check out interviews she has done on this topic.
She likely feared for her children too. I read recently though, that as long as he was safely behind bars, if her children ever wanted to see him, she'd not interfere. At the time of the article it had not come up. I got the impression the kids were doing well but she still had difficult days.

Edit:
Jaycee article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jaycee-dugard-daughters-today-father/story?id=40279504

I think the picture on the wall was drawn by one of the parents. The kids would have surely been beat for drawing on the wall.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

BBM.
How do we know they weren't beat?
IMO, one of the kids drew this picture.

Close up of center of bullseye dwg.

attachment.php

attachment.php

In art and design, concentric circles are used to pull your eye to the center. Create a focal point. Contain and isolate what is in the center. IMHO I think that is fecal matter.

I would bet #2.

You may be surprised how little people think about barriers. I can't count how many times I have seen screen frames damaged by people trying to break in or install air conditioners, when removing the screening would have been so simple (and cheaper to repair)!!

Stockholm syndrome is when victim identifies with their abuser. It doesn't seem that ES liked her kidnapper very much. In her case it seems she was simply scared to do anything to get away rather than staying with her kidnapper because she identified with him.

I think Patti Hearst is considered the poster child. She actually joined and participated in her captors crimes after the fact.

Using your post to ask a question. Thank you!
First of all, I wonder if there is a photo of the bottom of the drawing ? Any legs or shoes?
IMO...At the center of the bullseye, it appears to be a hole with a small rag stuffed into it. Can anyone get a better close up and post?
Thank you in advance

8dd5b2ef607e325f1280971261bfc818.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads