CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what time the convenience store cams caught RT , when he stopped to get ice and was seen on camera -- without Barbara ?
She could've just been in the pickup truck.
That hasn't been discussed as much-- but it feels important in trying to establish some sort of timeline.

What about sroads saying cars drove by every few minutes?

I'm not doubting anyone's expertise but I feel that an abduction, while not likely, is still a possibility in this case. JMO.
I'm sure traffic is variable there, depending on the time of day, day of the week, month of the year.

What was it like on Friday July 12th mid day?

We'll probably never know, unless RT makes a statement that LE can confirm on how many cars he observed were going by as they pulled off, crossed the road, and went for their walk that day. MOO

I'm sure traffic is variable there, depending on the time of day, day of the week, month of the year.

What was it like on Friday July 12th mid day?

We'll probably never know, unless RT makes a statement that LE can confirm on how many cars he observed were going by as they pulled off, crossed the road, and went for their walk that day. MOO
BBM

Yes, it'd be good to have a statement that can be confirmed.
Or any more interviews ... would be helpful in finding Barbara.
We're no further forward than the day she went missing; which is incredible.

All that is known--- is a thorough search where RT said they were, has revealed nothing.
No hat, boots, drink container, etc.

JUL 19, 2019
Video: The search continues for 69-year-old hiker Barbara Thomas
At the end of this video, the reporter says, "Investigators say the questions they asked RT are standard for missing person investigations stressing they do not suspect foul play in this case."

Seems like they've said both no evidence of abduction and they do not suspect foul play. Why believe one and ignore the other?
That they do not suspect foul play means they have no evidence that a crime took place, whether an abduction or any other criminal element.
That's how I interpret it.
If they had a POI, I would expect them to have served warrants, yet we have heard nothing.
They haven't asked the public for help, so there can only be so many tips or leads to follow up on.

Even after Barbara's son publicly accused RT of being involved, LE never made a statement contradicting it or supporting it.

It's hard to know if his theory is likely or credible without knowing if there is any evidence.

After all this time I wish LE would update the public on their progress, even if they haven't made any. Imo

Where did it say the RT 'works in sales'? TIA. I haven't seen anything in MSM about his or BT's occupations or retirement status.
Oh, sorry, the VI discussed him being a sales person in a few posts.
He said it seemed like an unusual job for him because he is not really a people person, or something like that. I'm not sure if he is retired or not, I don't remember that being mentioned. Just that he had been in that field for many years.
Imo

Do we know what time the convenience store cams caught RT , when he stopped to get ice and was seen on camera -- without Barbara ?
That hasn't been discussed as much-- but it feels important in trying to establish some sort of timeline.

I wasn't aware that RT was seen on camera--without Barbara--at a convenience store getting ice. Can you point me to a source for this information? Thanks.

This was in a previous thread.... will try to locate this.
Unless someone here beats me to it.

From my memory...

The only mention of possible employment was given in an explanation of how RT Met and eventually married BT ..
I think it was real estate..
She had something for sale and he Helped to sell it.
Leaving me with the impression he was a real estate sales person at one point in his life..
mo.

Last edited:
I thought RT was part of a particular multi-marketing scheme company.......that was discussed, and by the VI, too

Otherwise, yes, there was mention of him representing BT, or presumably the seller, in a real estate deal - which is how they met.

I've no idea what BT did for work/career.....I'd be interested to know

ETA RT could have been a broker, title account person, etc. - but at any rate, it was related to real estate - his employment at the time & how they met.

He was wise to hire an attorney if he thought (as he stated), that he was being viewed with suspicion.
An attorney might also be used to obtain info, or for negotiation purposes.

RT is a man of means. This is a typical behavior for a business man.
I don’t take it as anything other than being intelligent.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Apparently Robert's attorney, Eric Anderson, who gave a statement in the Indiana news, is no longer representing him. What might this mean to an intelligent business man? No need for a lawyer anymore cause the heat is passed?

I agree with LE's assessment that the area is so remote, they don't think BT was abducted.

That location where RT said they pulled off to go for a '2 mile walk' is literally in the middle of The Mojave Desert, in a National Park, is not a major road with regular traffic, is many miles from any villages or rest areas or stores or watering holes, and it was in the middle of the day in the middle of July and over 90 degrees. Not a time when a lot of people would be driving through there, and not a place where anyone but this older couple decided to stop.

That's why LE said the location was so remote that they didn't think BT was abducted. Then they interviewed RT and searched for BT for 9 days, and still found no evidence she was abducted.

Here is google driving directions map of approximately where RT said they stopped, from their home in Bullhead City, AZ, where he said they left from that morning. There are no villages or towns or cities anywhere nearby within an hour plus drive, and it is not a major road leading to any major cities or points of interest.

It is remote.

So remote, trained desert SAR officers whose jurisdiction is the desert in this county who search for and rescue people who go missing all the time, said it was the reason why they think she wasn't abducted. I don't doubt their expertise and opinion, and don't see why anyone would under these circumstances. MOO

View attachment 200171
So remote that the Sheriff elected not to post a reward for information, or to appeal more to the public for tips.

Around 9am. Fits the timeline.

Attachments

• chevron Needles.jpg
    chevron Needles.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 232
Didn't RT make it sound like he was no more than 10 minutes behind Barbara? It's entirely possible I'm losing it lol. Can someone help me map this idea out?

We have that approximate spot that is 1/4 of a mile from the RV, and are told that's where RT lost sight of her.

And @sroad has reported to us "a vehicle every few minutes" goes by that spot where they parked.

So, based on that. Honestly, could she have even made it to the road and be out of RT sight the entire time? I mean, at some point prior to arriving at the RV he could have seen it.

Doesn't that leave a much more narrow area of time or space for her to wander off into skin destroying cholla or be abducted? That's on the premise he saw her "round the corner" because that implies she rounded the corner the way he would expect her to.

Am i making sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member