Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any confirmation that BB actually asked the friend to take him to the park? Or are we just making that assumption?

Here's why I'm asking ... it doesn't make sense to me that he would ask a friend who lives 20-30 minutes away to come all the way to take him to a park 5 minutes from his house. So did the friend come to pick him up and they just ended up at the park???

https://www.change.org/p/bring-the-baha-men-to-spring-fling-2018

Petition made one month ago - interesting comment on the petition - a cause worth dying for... ?? maybe just college kid jargon but I thought it interesting

https://www.depop.com/blasb

Not sure what this is? Anyone know of depop?

https://open.spotify.com/user/blazingbernstein#_=_

Spotify account

https://pennreviewlitmag.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/picking-marbles-from-dirt-by-blaze-bernstein/

penn review - writing

Depop is an online used clothing app. Like an online thrift store.

Quick question: Did CBS mention the drain or has LE mentioned the drain?

The reporter on CBS Los Angeles FB live did mention the drain but did not confirm whether is was where the body was found. Just ( solid IMO) speculation at this point.

Do we have any confirmation that BB actually asked the friend to take him to the park? Or are we just making that assumption?

Here's why I'm asking ... it doesn't make sense to me that he would ask a friend who lives 20-30 minutes away to come all the way to take him to a park 5 minutes from his house. So did the friend come to pick him up and they just ended up at the park???
I think a lot of us speculate the friend is the one who initiated contact. -- You see how we all assumed Blaze was the one who said, "Come on by...." Blaze may have been pressured and talked into allowing the friend to come get him.

I know very little about Tumblr, but I hopped on the wayback machine and found archives of his site.

You can see everything posted to his account by changing the page number in this URL :

https://420blazeme.tumblr.com/page/2

I was able to get to 1449 I think. Not much interesting, mostly reposting memes...

I think a lot of us speculate the friends is the one who initiated contact. -- You see how we all assumed Blaze was the one who said, "Come on by...." Blaze may have been pressured and talked into allowing the friend to come get him.

That was always the million dollar question. It just never added up for me.

Someone said online at a news site, he had an account on gindr. Could he have been meeting up with someone? Why did they not use dogs to find him instead of drones?

If the friend lived in the immediate area, I can see it. Not coming from Newport though.

wow, that's deep! It seems to fit the profile of his life: coming out, medication, college, etc....

400 more than the number on your profile photo!:shame:

It's street slang for weed (derived from the section marijuana is found in the criminal code)
Always a lot of confusion on the use of the number 420.

420 is the penal code section for marijuana use in California. Nope.
Section 420 of the California penal code refers to obstructing entry on public land. The penal codes of other states list different entries for 420, but none of them matches anything having to do with marijuana.

https://www.snopes.com/language/stories/420.asp

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Someone said online at a news site, he had an account on gindr. Could he have been meeting up with someone? Why did they not use dogs to find him instead of drones?

The did use dogs. S&R dogs as well as cadaver dogs.

I don’t have much to add. I’m so devastated. My son came home from school and just as I was about to tell him what we learned today ... he told me first , as he told me Blaze’s Sister is in one of his classes 😞. We will be going to the vigil tonight with heavy hearts.

Just got back from some shopping for our oldest grandson's b-day. (He is turning 6 ! :) )

And then logged on and saw the sad news.... :(

Well I'm guessing the driver/friend is a poi by now ??

So disgusted at some people. Horrible.
My thoughts are with Blaze's family.

The reporter on CBS Los Angeles FB live did mention the drain but did not confirm whether is was where the body was found. Just ( solid IMO) speculation at this point.

Does anyone know suppose there had been DNA on the drain grate or the drain itself would it had been washed off or does it stick due to skin oils assuming perp wasn't wearing gloves. Also I'm curious if Blaze will have defensive wounds.

News has been warning about this huge storm coming all last week telling people to sand bag to prepare for flooding this week. I wonder if perp was counting on the rain to get rid of any DNA, clothing hair fiber evidence. etc

attachment.php

Note how easy it is to get from that corner of the park to the small parking lot below. Perhaps the person who did this discovered the drain pipe earlier, prepped it by removing the lid, and basically orchestrated the whole thing. Parking in the small lot, arranging (somehow) for BB to meet him in that dark corner of Borego Park, and finally escaping down the ramp to his car.

Attachments

• map4 copy.jpg
    map4 copy.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 529
attachment.php

Note how easy it is to get from that corner of the park to the small parking lot below. Perhaps the person who did this discovered the drain pipe earlier, prepped it by removing the lid, and basically orchestrated the whole thing. Parking in the small lot, arranging (somehow) for BB to meet him in that dark corner of Borego Park, and finally escaping down the ramp to his car.

What parking lot are you referring to?
It appears there is a fence near the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike