Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though right from the start, I suspected that Blaze was murdered by this so called high school friend ( and i still feel there was someone else involved- maybe that "mutual" friend?), it just devastates me to know he's really gone. These cases just break your heart. Even when you feel it in your gut that they're gone, you always hope and pray that they're found, safe and sound, or that they return on their own. It makes me feel guilty that I knew he was already gone- does anyone else feel like this after a victim's body is found especially due to foul play?

I'm so sorry Blaze is dead, apparently due to homicide. Whatever happened, I hope he died quickly.

I wonder whether he or an assailant sent that text at 11:30pm, the one that later caused concern. For him to have sent it, he would have to have been still alive yet probably under threat or injured. In that case, because he was apparently using a phone borrowed from a relative, I wonder whether he (a) had imported his contacts or (b) remembered the number of the friend he texted, implying it was someone who he knew well. (He might've texted that person precisely because it was someone whose number he remembered.) Unless of course that person's number was also in his relative's phone.

If an assailant sent the text, the assailant would have had to know the number of the friend, unless again the number happened to be in Blaze's relative's phone. Perhaps it was a mutual friend?

I saw earlier that he'd been using the phone for a few weeks? If this person was a close friend he probably already had their number either re-saved or imported. It's rather easy to just pop a sim card in and sometimes even importing contacts thru services such as iCloud.

Thank you SoCalRes for the video! Very valuable for us non-locals.

So now I'm wondering, aren't gonna go in there with cameras or whatnot to find potential more evidence? His phone, murder weapon etc, if applicable?

I was also thinking about why they didn't announce yesterday that they had found a body. That's how it's usually done, isn't it. Speculating that they kept the discovery hush to secure a search warrant for that house in NB before announcing it publicly so their suspect doesn't bolt.

Question: is it at all possible that the cover of the drainage was off for some reason and Blaze fell in there while running in the dark (or semi-dark, since it was a full moon), and wasn't able to get back out?

Nope once tape is removed no longer a crime scene. Of course they can always go back later if they need something. Apparently they have everything they need for this case so no longer worries of compromising DNA or the scene.

The more I think about he probably was in that pipe otherwise they wouldn't call it a homicide so fast. I mean it could have been a possible OD right if he had no signs of trauma. But you clearly can't call someone find in a drainage pipe and OD or accidental. Still it could be that the driver dropped him off and he did got meet someone and he texted the driver an hour later to pick him up at a certain time and the driver went back and he wasn't there or didn't show. That's the only way I see a 3rd person involved.

Its a drainage pipe for irrigation and around 4 feet deep. He wouldn't have been concealed in it...

Is this a fact for that specific location or speculation based on what it looks like from the pics?

One thing I noticed in SOCARES excellent video was the big black tarp/plastic piece lying near the "crime scene." I would think something like that would have been removed in case there may have been some evidence on it? JMO MOO

I noticed that too.

I also thought I noticed a blue tarp under the brush prior to that?

What exactly is going on in this park?
And, its right next to an Elementary school??
Think its time to get some cameras in this park!

That's how things that are reblogged (shared from another account onto his blog) with added captions/comments show up. His tumblr theme is kind of poorly made, usually users fool around with the coding to better personalize them for their own use and that causes them to slow down. His tumblr will not prove useful, most of the posts are older. Also, anything angsty is most likely not indicative of him as a person, usually when I was feeling REALLY low tumblr was the only place I felt comfortable posting.
Hope this helps! Let me know if there's any other ~millennial~ questions

Thank you Leninlover6969 for explaining this to me.

If someone reading this post of mine still has access to BB's Tumblr messages/content -I can't see any of it anymore- please let me know if I can pm you with something I would like you to check/see for yourself. I believe I cannot post it here because it would go against TOS rules but I have kept in my head the username and exact wording of the message and I would like for someone to have a look at it. Preferably from the USA in case this is something that needs to be reported to the authorities there.

It could be a perfectly innocent message but I would like another pair of eyes to look at it please. Just in case.

Body found in the perimeter of the park in the brush from the police.

I guess the question is what is considered brush? That area still to me looks quite open.

My mind is going a million miles a minute. So many unanswered questions

Wow. Just goes to show how out of touch you can be when you think you know your child so well.

Huh? How so? I don't see much particularly alarming on that account from a 19 year old kid.

I'm so sorry Blaze is dead, apparently due to homicide. Whatever happened -- whether and how it involved that drainage pipe or something else -- I hope he died quickly.

I wonder whether he or an assailant sent that text at 11:30pm, the one that later caused concern. For him to have sent it, he would have to have been still alive yet probably under threat or injured. In that case, because he was apparently using a phone borrowed from a relative, I wonder whether he (a) had imported his contacts or (b) remembered the number of the friend he texted, implying it was someone who he knew well. (He might've texted that person precisely because it was someone whose number he remembered.) Unless of course that person's number was also in his relative's phone.

If an assailant sent the text, the assailant would have had to know the number of the friend, unless again the number happened to be in Blaze's relative's phone. Perhaps it was a mutual friend?

I was thinking about this, too. If the friend he texted is his BFF, then he probably had texted her since getting the loaner phone, at least to say 'hey, I have a loaner phone, here's the number.' He was probably planning to get his phone back before returning to Penn, so I wouldn't think he'd download all his contacts, etc, then have to scrub the phone again right away. ??

Even though right from the start, I suspected that Blaze was murdered by this so called high school friend ( and i still feel there was someone else involved- maybe that "mutual" friend?), it just devastates me to know he's really gone. These cases just break your heart. Even when you feel it in your gut that they're gone, you always hope and pray that they're found, safe and sound, or that they return on their own. It makes me feel guilty that I knew he was already gone- does anyone else feel like this after a victim's body is found especially due to foul play?

Yes, I'm right there with you Steel. I have had to force myself to limit ws time because I feel drained and guilty or mad or insert whatever emotion. I'm a very empathetic person and am highly intuitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With only the greatest of respect to SoCalRes:
Thank you so much for going to the park and recording the videos. Your camerawork is clear, in focus and shows the area in great detail.

My questions are:
1) Has LE actually designated the area you show in your video as a crime scene (where BB was found) or is this still conjecture?

2) Has LE actually confirmed that BB was found in a drainage pipe, or even mentioned the existence of a drainage pipe in relation to this crime?

Again, no disrespect meant.

Saw this and thought it may be relevant, even though it was two years old :

https://420blazeme.tumblr.com/post/131606097934/things-are-super

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's so incredibly sad. But it seems from the outside like things did improve after that entry. (I mean, he was in college and involved in things he obviously loved even though the other feelings may not have been completely resolved).

Wow, this really bums me out. It's like finding out he's deceased and a homicide victim but was also suicidal, too.

Saw this and thought it may be relevant, even though it was two years old :

https://420blazeme.tumblr.com/post/131606097934/things-are-super

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is so incredibly heartbreaking. I must now hide myself from kids for one moment, and just cry. I'm so heartbroken that he at one time felt this way. Oh dear goodness, so very very sad...I will pray for his lovely soul, with all my heart, that he is in the heavenly presence of The Most Holy in infinite feelings of peace and happiness.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

He was a great kid, and he would be even if he used marijuana. And just because he joked about 420 and very occasionally had an alcoholic beverage wouldn't take anything away from him also being hugely talented and an expressive soul. I think the reaction is more that every media outlet carried quotes about how Blaze was zero-tolerance on drugs and alcohol, and it was a disconnect with observations. Maybe it's just another way he expressed himself away from his family since teens try new things and new identities and sometimes need a bit of distance from their parents to find what works for them. MOO.

Bravo ElementalLaura. Your open mind and understanding is much appreciated. I'd rather marijuana than the side effect riddled medications dispensed at Walgreens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member