GUILTY CA - Brock, 42, & Davina Husted, 42, pregnant, murdered, Faria Beach, 3 June 2009

Late catching up on this case so sorry if this has already been mentioned, but didn't a neighbor 1/2 mile away or so report that they thought someone was in their house, heard things moving around but just thought it was theie houseguest, Come to find out the houseguest was not home at the time??

Did I dream that??

No, you didn't dream it. :)

Police say it's not related to this case.....I have no idea how they can determine that so quick.

Our newspaper has a "comments" section and I just read this that someone wrote...of course pure speculation at this point.

>>>>>>>Apparently they are checking out- an employee or former employee who was involved in a lawsuit and wasn't happy with the outcome.

Our newspaper has a "comments" section and I just read this that someone wrote...of course pure speculation at this point.

>>>>>>>Apparently they are checking out- an employee or former employee who was involved in a lawsuit and wasn't happy with the outcome.

I found another comment that is interesting

"
Posted by eyeball on May 22, 2009 at 7:29 p.m. (Suggest removal)
I think if you look into the history of the Husted family you will find some heavy duty "connections". It started with the father and might continue today. On the west coast these "connections" are very much on the down low but they have a past being hooked up with Peter and Carman Milano's who are reported to be "the connection" of org. crime on the west coast. Not the tough guy "I happened to have an Italian last name" fake connection but likely the real thing."

I found another comment that is interesting

"
Posted by eyeball on May 22, 2009 at 7:29 p.m. (Suggest removal)
I think if you look into the history of the Husted family you will find some heavy duty "connections". It started with the father and might continue today. On the west coast these "connections" are very much on the down low but they have a past being hooked up with Peter and Carman Milano's who are reported to be "the connection" of org. crime on the west coast. Not the tough guy "I happened to have an Italian last name" fake connection but likely the real thing."

This -- and other information posted here about the celebrity and the income levels of the Husteds' wrought-iron business customers -- appear to indicate that there's more than a slight chance the couple was targeted. JMO, of course.

What are the names of the newspapers, comments, blogs, etc. where these comments are available? Thanks very much for the information!

If this homicide is proven to have been random or committed by a homeless person, I'll eat my hat!

My heart breaks for the children.

This -- and other information posted here about the celebrity and the income levels of the Husteds' wrought-iron business customers -- appear to indicate that there's more than a slight chance the couple was targeted. JMO, of course.

What are the names of the newspapers, comments, blogs, etc. where these comments are available? Thanks very much for the information!

Thanks! The quotes are found here at this site.
http://www.venturacountystar.com/new...-for-clues-in/

If this homicide is proven to have been random or committed by a homeless person, I'll eat my hat!

My heart breaks for the children.

It kind of reminds me of the Harvey family murders, though. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34372&highlight=Harvey&page=17

They were also prominent, popular, attractive, successful, and until the murderers were caught, most people expected to find out it was some jealous friend, angry business associate, etc -- somebody, in other words, who had targetted them. The murders seemed too violent to be done by random strangers. However, it turned out that a couple of random murderers/robbers just happened to find the Harvey's door unlocked and tortured and killed the whole family.

I posted something longer, but it is perhaps fortunate that it was eaten.

Long story short - no way do I think this was a random double homicide. Nothing about it really seems random - the focus on the Husteds, the motorcycle helmet, leaving the weapon at the scene - none of it sounds like the work of a killer who just wandered in from the seaside of the community.

I haven't been here in a while, but this case has been bothering more than a lot of things I write about. Not sure why. I'm also frustrated by the lack of recent (last 12 hours) articles about it.

So that's it, for now.

Thanks,

Steve

I agree with those who feel that this was NOT a random crime.

Was anything taken from the home?

Any updates on this case?

I searched for new articles on this crime, but could find nothing since 5/22. I'm sure this article has already been posted.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ventura-slayings22-2009may22,0,3642542.story

This is a fairly complete artice, including the information about a neighbor, who around the time of the murders, thought someone was in their home moving furniture etc around and thought it was their house guest. Later they learned their house guest was stopped by police from entering the area. LE checked their home and feel it's not related. (???, by me)

I hate these de ja vu things, but this so reminds me of the Original Night Stalker. Random, high end home area, successful couple, late at night or early morning, murder, no sexual assault. Murder methods vary. I'm not saying it's related;............but could it be a copy cat? What is disturbing is there was a THS Investigates program ealier in May about the Original Night Stalker.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ventura-slayings22-2009may22,0,3642542.story

I highly doubt it's the (Original) Original Night Stalker because heck, he'd have to be really old by now,............but copy cat? I dunno. :confused:

JMHO
fran

PS.....FWIW, one of the couple's young son was the one who discovered them. It's been so long ago I read about this and don't have time now, but I believe he was actually in the home asleep in his room at the time of the crime. So, the fact that the children were home, ............fran

The Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez) really freaked me out. I was a teen at the time and my house was the type he was targeting, near freeways and on a corner. I lived in the San Fernando Valley then.

This killer might have seen the recent E channel show about the "original nightstalker" for ideas, but this is not ear/ons. Ear/ons would be in his mid 50's not so very old. He came in the dark when people were sleeping and tied them up. He usually tied the victims, raped the woman and mostly bashed the people. A gun was used, never a knife. Yes he wore a mask and came in though a sliding glass door, but that is about it in similarity. I think this guy targeted the wife and might have been known to the family, hence the helmet. He came in though unlocked door in an obvious lighted home.

The Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez) really freaked me out. I was a teen at the time and my house was the type he was targeting, near freeways and on a corner. I lived in the San Fernando Valley then.

I'm from The Valley also. That was a scary time back then and the ten years prior. The Night Stalker, Hillside Strangler, Freeway killer and others.

I changed the title of the thread because it has come out that the boy saw before and after the murder, but did not see it happen.
>>Authorities believe the killer saw Davina Husted first and attacked her. They initially thought the boy saw the attack, but sheriff's Sgt. Dave Murray later said the child ran into another room and didn't witness the killings, but did find the bodies<<

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jZf3IR1dYV6D6DMM2kcuKcElqvagD98B132O0

Also,I found Husted's iron works (Couture Concepts) and looked through local court records but did not see any civil cases involving his company or him personally.

This California Coastline Project photo from 2002 shows the Faria Beach Campground as well as part of the Faria Beach Colony.
The Husted house is the seventh house on the beach from the campground.

You can view the photo here

I believe it's most likely this is a purely random act. I'll be surprised if it turns out it's someone the couple knew or connected to in some way.

Through the years, there have been random murders along the coast of Calif. As I mentioned earlier, there was the Original Night Stalker. He struck from South Orange County, (Dana Point) to Ventura and Santa Barbara. They have linked, forensically through DNA, some of the murders to a series of 50 rapes and attacks in the Sacramento area prior to the attacks in Southern California. There are a few of the attacks where there was no dna evidence, therefore they're not certain if they are related or not.

NOTE: I say "Original Night Stalker" because this preceeded Richard Ramirez who now sits on Death Row. I recall his reign of terror. I was born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley where many of these attacks occurred.

But the point is, they're in upscale homes, sometimes gated communities. The later attacks, IIRC, didn't include sexual assault, which is apparently why they weren't able to forensically connect them. See, these previous attacks happened prior to the discovery of dna, and it wasn't until just a few years ago where they submitted the saved scientific data to a central data base, that they discovered the connection of the Southern California attacks (murders)to the Sacramento series of attacks (sexual assault). I believe it was a Dana Point detective who made the link.

There's one couple in Ventura (I believe) who survived. The perp kind of lost control of the situation because the victims fought back. It was actually because of the perps own words as he rummaged through the house, that the couple realized they needed to fight with everything they had, or they were dead. As he was searching through the house as the victims lay tied up, in different areas of the house, I believe, he could be heard talking to himself, "I'm going to kill them. I'm going to kill them." I think that was the case that after the couple escaped and summoned authorities, that LE thought they had a visiual on him, a guy on a bicycle, but lost him in the persuit.

The murder method of the earlier attacks vary. I believe some were shot, some were stabbed and some were beaten. In one case, there's a 'tire iron' that's missing from the scene. One instance, the perp, AFTER the victims were killed, stopped and made himself a sandwich. I believe he had a three toed dog with him as well.

So, I'm not saying this IS the Original Night Stalker, just that it's reminisent of that particular case and coincidental that this couple were murdered in the same manner, just after there was a documentary broadcast on tv.

Maybe a copycat type situation? But whatever, I won't be surprised if this case remains unsolved. LE shouldn't rule anything out at this point. Including the possibility of the neighbor who thought they heard someone downstairs the same night as this crime.

Scary, we're not even safe in our own homes. :(

JMHO
fran

This California Coastline Project photo from 2002 shows the Faria Beach Campground as well as part of the Faria Beach Colony.
The Husted house is the seventh house on the beach from the campground.

You can view the photo here

i.b.nora

Thank you so much for that link. This is what is spooky. I'm not positive of the location of the long ago murders in Dana Point,.....JBean, do you know if it was the community there above the Strands? Anyway, the Strands beach area looks similar to this photo, the foilage.

Anyway, IF it is, those homes are across PCH from the beach, gated community, but access from the beach. Anyone can come up there by foot, I believe. Plus, there's no guard, just gate access. Even I could hop the fence. (I've only been there through the gate to drop my children off at friends homes.)
These types of areas give the residents a false sense of security, IMO.

There are a large number of homeless type people who live along the California Coastline. With it's moderate temperatures, it's like a magnet for people who live without a permanent residence. They COULD go from one end of the coast to the other, undetected by LE etc. There are campgrounds and uninhabited areas where no one would bother them. Some are close to populated areas, such as in this case, where a person who is homeless could find areas to panhandle, or leftover stuff from campers who've moved on. Some of them ride bicycles, some just walk. You can see them down close to the beach areas and along PCH. Even further inland.

I don't remember off-hand, but a couple of years ago there was an engaged couple from, Utah or Colorado?, who were on a quick camping trip before they got married. This occurred either on the Central California Coast or further on the Northern California Coast. They were asleep on the beach and found shot to death in their sleeping bags. Case unsolved...........random act, IMO.

Serial killers don't always use the same method of kill. They use whatever method is available or they're just trying to use variety so their crimes aren't connected. While LE is investigating this case from within this couple's ring of acquaintances, they just need to review the number of 'random' murders, and especially couples, along the California Coast.

That's all I'm really trying to say. Leave no stone unturned. Someone(s) is (are) getting away murders.

JMHO
fran

Here is a link to the unsolved double murders in California.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/8433

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Two soon-to-be-married Christian camp counselors reported missing earlier this week were shot to death in their sleeping bags on a remote beach, authorities said.

The bodies of Lindsay Cutshall, 23, and Jason Allen, 26, were discovered Wednesday when deputies rescuing a stranded hiker spotted the crime scene from their helicopter.

This seems personal to me. Do we know whether the knife was brought in or taken from their kitchen?

Oh god and she was pregnant!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea