CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, for those that feel this is connected to this Dark Water movie, how does that correlate to the video? As in how does the video connect to it, or is the video been deemed unrelated in this theory?

Think of the Truman show but then the other way around

Think of the Truman show but then the other way around

You'll have to clarify that for me unfortunately. Been awhile since I've seen that movie. I suppose what I am saying is, the video in IMHO, based on professional experience and that of my colleagues, shows that she was alone in the elevator. So if this theory considers that she was alone, then the her death via Dark Water would not be correlated at all to the video, yes?

Anyone clue in there's another Cecil Hotel right in Elisa's parent's home Vancouver BC? This is getting weirder

The Cecil Hotel
1336 Granville Street, Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver (BC), Canada (Show on map)

http://www.agoda.com/north_america/canada/vancouver_bc/the_cecil_hotel.html

No Biggy.

There are Cecil Hotels all down the west coast, in Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and San Francisco. And LA.

And there is a Drake Hotel not far from the Cecil Hotel in Vancouver, just as there is a Drake Hotel close to the Cecil Hotel in LA.

And there is an Elisa Lam in Santa Cruz where Elisa was going to.

Just chance. It's a big world.

Probably not...unless you had a fb page that was alleged to be yours where
RS was your only friend, too. He's the link.

His linkedin doesn't really tie in with a normal army guy's cv if in fact he is in the army.

Sigh...I'm trying to post the picture I was asked to mark but cant figure out how to attach it:banghead:
I think you can create albums of images by using the Control Panel here on websleuths. You upload your picture and place it in your post by using the code text that is displayed. I have never used it, I am using other sites and ecquipments to transfer pictures.

more Cecil hotel video & pictures:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2184711531?see_lz=1

[ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE5NDk1ODcy.html"]蓝可儿CECIL酒店全方位探秘(独家视频,绝无仅有)—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看[/ame]

Wind can disperse scent great distances, minimizing a scent trail and making trailing difficult. In a case where a lost person walked down a sidewalk four days prior to a trailing dog starting to search, the trailing dog might very well work by dipping down into the driveways, up to front porches of homes rather than the spot where the person walked on the sidewalk four days before. If there is grass directly next to the sidewalk, then the trailing dog might work on the grass. The chances of any scent remaining directly on the pavement of the sidewalk are slim after a four-day period. But the chance of scent surviving by clinging to the moisture provided on the grass and in the shady areas is very likely. Scent needs moisture to survive which rain provides.

I was in the Fashion District the Sunday before Elisa was found, a mile away at the very most. We parked on top of a parking structure that wasn't nearly as tall as the Cecil (probably not more than 4-5 stories) and I can confirm that it was pretty windy up there. I tried to stomp my cigarette butt out and had to chase it down because it immediately started blowing away! I'd go so far as to say that it's probably been windy on top of the Cecil the whole time EL was missing, for what it's worth. Good job, by the way!

I've been thinking about the earlier disussions about whether the dogs were cadaver dogs or tracking dogs, and I'd posit that they weren't cadaver dogs. I arrived at this conclusion because of how the police didn't search all the rooms (when EL was first missing) because they felt there wasn't probable cause. Since they felt that they didn't have probable cause to search the rooms, I think it's logical to assume that they weren't really looking for a corpse. I don't know if that's just down to procedure, or if it was to do with the Dorner thing. L.A. has a very low ratio of police to population, a problem that's been going on for years. I lived on the west side for years and hardly ever saw any police...I guess they didn't want to waste them on safe neighborhoods.

One of the biggest mistakes we may be making (me included) is assuming that she met her demise shortly after that video. That video and her actions in it may end up having no reference in what ultimately led in her death.

I don't think LE would have posted it unless there was something they were trying to gain by it.

Has it been established what floor she was on? TIA

Outstanding Job Hopscotch pulling this together

I agree 1000% about Elisa mimicking the Dark Water movie

With so many movie fans in LA, I'm a strong believer some sick person , probably a hotel employee with the hotel's Master keys, wanted to "CopyCat" Elisa's murder

I am leaning more toward the idea that the whole thing is either a hoax or that Elisa was multiple personality disordered and mimicked the movie in committing suicide. If it was murder, I suspect that it was not random, but rather to some purpose, either because of something which she was involved with regarding secret informatiion or occult involvement or ritual murder , jn any case something connected with the dark aspect and history of the Cecil Hotel and California west coast scene she was involving herself with. She may have been a victim of behavioral modification experiments which directly involved exposing her to the Dark Waters films and to possible occult elements at the Cecil Hotel itself.
Then there's the idea that she may have been deliberately infected with TB and used to poison the water to start an epidemic . To me it all becomes so convoluted that I start to think it could all just be one big contrived hoax created to bring in as many disparate and coincidental elements as possible, to what end I am not exactly sure, other than the purpose of continually dividing the community along gender or racial lines.
I have been watching this stuff in some detail for long enough now to look for the bigger or underlying story which could be behind the superficial surfaces and/or outright contrivances which the lamestream media often present.

I don't think LE would have posted it unless there was something they were trying to gain by it.

When the video was released Elisa's body had not been found yet. It was still a missing person's case at that point. LE released the video because it was the last time she was seen and they wanted people to know what she was wearing and how she was acting in case anyone had could help locate her.

I will not say that it is related to the movie dark water. I'm watching it because I love foreign horror films and I was intrigued after seeing it posted so many times in this thread. I got curious . I have had to pause it about 40 times so since 10 am I've just past the one hour point...... :) But it is completely bizarre and uncanny how many elevator scenes there have been so far ..........and the zoom into the buttons in particular. I'm sure it's unrelated but if you love coincidence, give it a try ! I'll try to finish and report back soon !

I haven't posted on this thread yet, however I have been reading since Day 1. My sincere condolences to EL's family and friends.
I don't know if it's just me but every time I come to read up I feel like I'm in some sort of odd freaky fun-house and can't find my way out! Some of this stuff is way out there IMO! I don't believe I've seen another thread like this before on WS?

But that's the great thing about WS, we all are allowed our own opinions! (So now I'm about to seek the opinion of my pharmacist to make sure I was given the right dosage on my meds!):crazy:

Back to lurking...Carry on:blushing:

Be careful, otherwise you might have the sudden urge to re-enact a movie scene to your death, or go into psychosis and play hide-and-seek in a water tank!

Hi guys,

this is a chinese blog of the "investigators" that went inside Cecil to take video and pics.
(they took the one with first person view from the elevator, and also went up to the roof through the fire escape on the exterior of the building)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/2247091150

Anyone clue in there's another Cecil Hotel right in Elisa's parent's home Vancouver BC? This is getting weirder

The Cecil Hotel
1336 Granville Street, Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver (BC), Canada (Show on map)

http://www.agoda.com/north_america/canada/vancouver_bc/the_cecil_hotel.html

As mentioned, that closed two years ago. It was an (IMHO) seedy hotel/strip club, but independent of the hotel in LA. A cursory glance on Google shows there are quite a few cities around the world with hotels with "Cecil" in them. Rome, Calgary, even Medicine Hat! Must be pretty common.

I will not say that it is related to the movie dark water. I'm watching it because I love foreign horror films and I was intrigued after seeing it posted so many times in this thread. I got curious . I have had to pause it about 40 times so since 10 am I've just past the one hour point...... :) But it is completely bizarre and uncanny how many elevator scenes there have been so far ..........and the zoom into the buttons in particular. I'm sure it's unrelated but if you love coincidence, give it a try ! I'll try to finish and report back soon !

I have not looked yet-but are you watching it on Netflex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500