CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am super late with this question, so forgive me. :angel:

Does the DA know where Dr. Murrary or Michael Jackson obtained the propofol from? I just can't imagine anyone at a hospital handing it over.

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this.

Does the DA know where Dr. Murrary or Michael Jackson obtained the propofol from? I just can't imagine anyone at a hospital handing it over.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/08/jackson.murray.involuntary.manslaughter/index.html

Police recovered several bottles of propofol from Jackson's bedroom and from Murray's doctor's bag at the home. A search warrant executed last July on Murray's Las Vegas, Nevada, home and business turned up a receipt for propofol purchased on May 12, 2009, from a Las Vegas pharmacy. The propofol in Jackson's home was later linked by the manufacturer to bottles from the same as Vegas pharmacy.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/08/jackson.murray.involuntary.manslaughter/index.html

Police recovered several bottles of propofol from Jackson's bedroom and from Murray's doctor's bag at the home. A search warrant executed last July on Murray's Las Vegas, Nevada, home and business turned up a receipt for propofol purchased on May 12, 2009, from a Las Vegas pharmacy. The propofol in Jackson's home was later linked by the manufacturer to bottles from the same as Vegas pharmacy.

Thank you so much.

Gosh, I am surprised that Dr. Murray was able to purchase it from a pharmacy. I would think it would be more of a controlled substance since it is supposed to be used in a hospital setting.

Thank you so much.

Gosh, I am surprised that Dr. Murray was able to purchase it from a pharmacy. I would think it would be more of a controlled substance since it is supposed to be used in a hospital setting.

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately it isn't on the list as a controlled substance. I do expect that to change in the near future though.

imo

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately it isn't on the list as a controlled substance. I do expect that to change in the near future though.

imo

After reading the Autopsy Report and the Medical Board's Application for Order (PDF referenced above), I am even more convinced that a 2nd degree murder charge would have been appropriate. Why couldn't Involuntary Manslaughter be named as a Lesser Included, if necessary?

Also I was disturbed by the Defense presser yesterday. They are working overtime to influence public opinion (and thereby the jury pool). btw, which 'family' was Murray going home to?

The LADA needs to grow some.

jmo

After reading the Autopsy Report and the Medical Board's Application for Order (PDF referenced above), I am even more convinced that a 2nd degree murder charge would have been appropriate. Why couldn't Involuntary Manslaughter be named as a Lesser Included, if necessary?

Also I was disturbed by the Defense presser yesterday. They are working overtime to influence public opinion (and thereby the jury pool). btw, which 'family' was Murray going home to?

The LADA needs to grow some.

jmo

These DA's know better than to charge something that most LA county juries won't convict on.
Look at the Cameron Brown trial! on its third go around and last I heard he won't plea to IM. The jury cannot agree to what degree this dude killed his daughter by tossing her off a cliff.2 mistrials and I assume there will be a third and I also assume charges will be reduced to insure a conviction.
Trying to show criminal intent for Murray would be a difficult charge to prove imo and I think negligence will fly for IM.

These DA's know better than to charge something that most LA county juries won't convict on.
Look at the Cameron Brown trial! on its third go around and last I heard he won't plea to IM. The jury cannot agree to what degree this dude killed his daughter by tossing her off a cliff.2 mistrials and I assume there will be a third and I also assume charges will be reduced to insure a conviction.
Trying to show criminal intent for Murray would be a difficult charge to prove imo and I think negligence will fly for IM.

Due to the size of the .pdf file I cannot read the autopsy report.
If you have read it, would you mind posting the highlights.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

You can read most of it at smoking gun.

You may have to increase the size.

It is so sad really. The only drugs found in his system were the ones Murray said he administered to him and it does discuss that he did have Vitillago like he had always said.

Michael also had a lot of scars on his body. Probably from falls he received over the years when dancing.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0208101jackson1.html

Thanks!

It is so sad really. The only drugs found in his system were the ones Murray said he administered to him and it does discuss that he did have Vitillago like he had always said.

Michael also had a lot of scars on his body. Probably from falls he received over the years when dancing.

So incredibly sad. I was not an avid fan, but believe that no human being deserves the medical treatment Michael received.

Is there another location where I can read the filing by the Medical Board - I can't get the files referenced earlier in the forum to open. Thanks.

Isabelle, a patient advocate

So incredibly sad. I was not an avid fan, but believe that no human being deserves the medical treatment Michael received.

Is there another location where I can read the filing by the Medical Board - I can't get the files referenced earlier in the forum to open. Thanks.

I have no idea where to look Isabelle. All I am aware of is the motion was filed when Murray was in court yesterday. I haven't heard anyone in the media say they have obtained a copy of it.

The CA Attorney General's office is sending an Asst. AG to address the matter further with the Judge. I believe they will be there on 4-5-10 when Murray is to return to court.

I was never an ardent fan of MJs, although I knew without a doubt, he was one of the best entertainers in the world. Since Michael's passing I have become a fan, after listening to so many of his songs I had never taken the time to listen to before and after listening to so many of his interviews that he did over the years.

I do believe that MJ was very misunderstood by some people and I am glad that some of the truth has come to light even though tragically it has happened after this senseless tragedy.

My hope is that Michael receives justice. No patient, no matter who they are... deserved to be treated this way by a licensed doctor.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member