GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct. The individuals in a platoon, company, or battalion deploy together. A change of station comes up at different times for different individuals (and, of course, their families). As a spouse, you may meet a gal you click with from the start but find out they are scheduled to transfer to a new location soon after the friendship becomes meaningful. The soldier enters into another job right away and you're left to start over alone in a new environment (you meet new people but they're strangers again).

If the unit in the group or brigade is inactivated and redesigned elsewhere, then the unit itself can move from one state to another,(or overseas) so soldiers (US Army) can actually be stationed with one another again. Speaking from experience when I was a kid.
IMOO.

My car showed 91 at 7:30 this am.

You do acclimate. I don't find it strange at all she left at 7 am. I would have left even earlier. But I'm a morning person.

I wonder what other plans she had that day since she was supposed to be back by 4pm. That's a long time to be gone in the heat.
IMOO.

Regarding how far along she was in her pregnancy.

Jon is a man, and... well he may not be as knowledgeable as a woman about how a pregnancy is dated. When he reported that she was "less than two months pregnant", perhaps it had been less than two months since her missed cycle. In actuality, I believe the pregnancy is backdated to the first date of the woman's last cycle. Thus, if it had been one to two months since Erin missed her cycle, she would be considered between two and three months pregnant.

At least, that is my understanding of it. No kids. This has always accounted for that little discrepancy in my mind... I never considered it to be Erin trying to manipulate or trick Jon.

Regarding how far along she was in her pregnancy.

Jon is a man, and... well he may not be as knowledgeable as a woman about how a pregnancy is dated. When he reported that she was "less than two months pregnant", perhaps it had been less than two months since her missed cycle. In actuality, I believe the pregnancy is backdated to the first date of the woman's last cycle. Thus, if it had been one to two months since Erin missed her cycle, she would be considered between two and three months pregnant.

At least, that is my understanding of it. No kids. This has always accounted for that little discrepancy in my mind... I never considered it to be Erin trying to manipulate or trick Jon.

With all due respect, and this is not directed at you personally, in the grand scheme of things is her pregnancy "age" of that much importance at this point? I understand her pregnancy is significant as far as one of the key reasons she needs to be found I'm just not sure how far along she is being that significant. JMO

Hi everyone newbie here so forgive me if this has been covered. I've been stalking the posts and haven't commented until now. If someone did do something to Erin, I find it difficult to believe that in broad daylight (perhaps the peak time of the park with people trying to beat the heat) they would easily carry or drag a body through the park with intentions of disposing of her. That would take gall. I can't shake the feeling that something happened to her the night before, at or after the party.
Great first post. I have been wondering about the logistics of dumping a body in a popular park. I recall a case from Georgia where a guy drove his vehicle off the road between two rows of trees to dump a body in broad daylight.

I can't shake the feeling that something happened to her the night before, at or after the party. .

Sorry, I have been trying to follow along as best as I can. Must have missed this, there was a party the night before? Meaning a bunch of marines on base? And she also talked to her mom for an hour and a half that same night?

Sorry, I have been trying to follow along as best as I can. Must have missed this, there was a party the night before? Meaning a bunch of marines on base? And she also talked to her mom for an hour and a half that same night?

The "party" is a rumor that was going around. It has not been confirmed.

Usually LE stops searching at some point. I think they say they will begin again if they receive new tips. I don't think there will be any new tips on Erin, unless the actual perp gives it up. I wonder if they will stop searching. I hate to even think that because they seem so adamant that she's there.

In this news article (link below) it states: The search will continue Monday, but with fewer volunteers available, efforts will be scaled back some this week and then hit hard again on the weekend, Lane said, stressing that the department will continue to search for as long as necessary.

Unless they find something relatively soon, I honestly don't know how long they can continue to search especially with the assistance of specialized groups (like Cave Rescue) who will, more than likely, be called to help in other newer searches as the need arises.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news.../07/14/search-erin-corwin-continues/12614891/

In this news article (link below) it states: The search will continue Monday, but with fewer volunteers available, efforts will be scaled back some this week and then hit hard again on the weekend, Lane said, stressing that the department will continue to search for as long as necessary.

Unless they find something relatively soon, I honestly don't know how long they can continue to search especially with the assistance of specialized groups (like Cave Rescue) who will, more than likely, be called to help in other newer searches as the need arises.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news.../07/14/search-erin-corwin-continues/12614891/

I wonder if TES will be coming in to join the search? That would be wonderful. :great:

I'm really frustrated with the lack of cell reception in the area. My son called me several times last night, and in one call he got a "Hi mom" in there before we were disconnected. I am really bummed I didn't get to talk to him. He might as well be in Afghanistan right now.

I don't know how LE and SAR function in that area. The cell and radio reception is so bad. I really have my doubts that phone pings are what leading them to search JTNP.

So was there another car missing for a couple of days?

When hubby and I went on a road trip a few years ago I couldn't believe how bad the cell reception was in that area. I didn't even realize it until I got a worried voicemail from my Mom because she hadn't been able to reach us for days. Long winded way of saying I agree with you, must be a very difficult area for LE and SAR!

What if whatever happened to her happened on the base?
Would that change this investigation?

I wonder what other plans she had that day since she was supposed to be back by 4pm. That's a long time to be gone in the heat.
IMOO.

I have wondered about that a lot. Even without the heat, it doesn't make sense if that was her only destination. In the original scanner traffic reported by CBS8, the officer says she left around 7 and was to have been home by 4. That's 9 hours to account for. Google maps makes it an hour from the middle of the base to the closest gate of the park. So, basically two hours to dive there and back. It does not take 7 hours to scope out a few places to stop with Mom. Unless Mom's visit were too short to allow for any exploring time, it actually seems more normal to me to just plan on going over there with Mom and exploring it together.

Plus, if the affair is true, then we have to ask ourselves if he knew or not. If he did know, and that's all she said she was doing, I would expect him to be suspicious of her explanation and offer to go along, and prevent a possible rendezvous. Assuming he wasn't scheduled for duty.

It's possible that she had other things on her agenda for the day, grocery shopping, etc., and that just hasn't gotten into the media. But if that's the only thing she really said she was going to do, it just seems off to me.

I have wondered about that a lot. Even without the heat, it doesn't make sense if that was her only destination. In the original scanner traffic reported by CBS8, the officer says she left around 7 and was to have been home by 4. That's 9 hours to account for. Google maps makes it an hour from the middle of the base to the closest gate of the park. So, basically two hours to dive there and back. It does not take 7 hours to scope out a few places to stop with Mom. Unless Mom's visit were too short to allow for any exploring time, it actually seems more normal to me to just plan on going over there with Mom and exploring it together.

Plus, if the affair is true, then we have to ask ourselves if he knew or not. If he did know, and that's all she said she was doing, I would expect him to be suspicious of her explanation and offer to go along, and prevent a possible rendezvous. Assuming he wasn't scheduled for duty.

It's possible that she had other things on her agenda for the day, grocery shopping, etc., and that just hasn't gotten into the media. But if that's the only thing she really said she was going to do, it just seems off to me.

Yes, the 4pm plan has been bugging me, too. It makes sense to leave at 7am in order to keep out of the heat, but you would think she would have wanted to be back before late morning, unless she had additional plans for the day. Grocery/clothing shopping wouldn't take the whole day. Helping out with the horses could. I remember SIL saying she helps with horses and she stays a home. So, according to SIL, she really wasn't out and about that much.

What if whatever happened to her happened on the base?
Would that change this investigation?

I would think the military police would take over the investigation if it's confirmed something happened on base.

I wonder if she was going to go to the horses after visiting the park.

Here is a link to an article that states this: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/11/erin-corwin-jonathan-corwin/12557135/

We don't know exactly how far along she is with this pregnancy, she only found out about the pregnancy two weeks before she went missing and a doctor hasn't confirmed a due date yet. She has that appointment set for next week," Heavilin said.

Her mom said the doctor's appointment was to figure out a date. After a miscarriage/pregnancy your body takes some time to get back on schedule and the due date can be hard to figure out without an ultrasound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member