GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the 4pm plan has been bugging me, too. It makes sense to leave at 7am in order to keep out of the heat, but you would think she would have wanted to be back before late morning, unless she had additional plans for the day. Grocery/clothing shopping wouldn't take the whole day. Helping out with the horses could. I remember SIL saying she helps with horses and she stays a home. So, according to SIL, she really wasn't out and about that much.

Or maybe 4 pm is the time her husband figured she would be home by to take care of her own animals. If he was on duty that day and they possibly have dog(s), that could be their routine time. I know that is how it is at my house, cats are okay for a long period of time, but if we are both out all day, someone needs to be home for the dog to go out around 6 pm. Could he have just assumed she would by home by 4 pm if he wasn't there to help? And when he arrived home and they weren't cared for, he knew she hadn't been home.

I would think the military police would take over the investigation if it's confirmed something happened on base.

How would they be so sure something didn't?

Was she SEEN leaving and not returning? There has to be something besides husbands word for it that she left.
JMO

Or maybe 4 pm is the time her husband figured she would be home by to take care of her own animals. If he was on duty that day and they possibly have dog(s), that could be their routine time. I know that is how it is at my house, cats are okay for a long period of time, but if we are both out all day, someone needs to be home for the dog to go out around 6 pm. Could he have just assumed she would by home by 4 pm if he wasn't there to help? And when he arrived home and they weren't cared for, he knew she hadn't been home.

Funny no one knows what HE did that day.

Funny no one knows what HE did that day.

I am wondering, if they had only one car, was Erin supposed to pick him up at 4pm? (like if he was working, or was elsewhere for the day)
It hasn't been stated if they had one or 2 cars, or one car and a motorcycle, or one car and a bicycle, etc.
IMOO.

It seems it would be an Important part of this investigation.
And would answer many questions.

I Feel her car should have been found earlier also. If anyone was looking for her I think that car would have been found.

What if she went missing sooner than 7 am and actually left (if she left) in the middle of the night?

I don't think they have video of her at JT but I think her phone is pinging there.

All JMO and pure speculation on my part! Way to many things going on in this young womans life!

Her family has stated that by the time LE knew Erin was missing her phone was already dead or turned off so they were unable to "ping" her phone. Does anyone know if there is a way for LE to get locations of a phone from the carrier or a phone location app, etc. after the phone has been disabled? I think I read somewhere once that there is an app that can tell you where a phone had been, not just where it currently was (?) Here is the link to the interview where her sister-in-law gives the information about her cell phone (near the very end of the video.) http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/3665059556001

Was she SEEN leaving and not returning? There has to be something besides husbands word for it that she left.
JMO

I agree there must be something besides her husband's word for it that she left. As for what he was doing that day, I doubt we are going to hear much until they at least name a POI, since he and his family have been advised to keep quiet. I did sense a bit of professional stink eye in that one officer's comments, where he talked about the dynamic between them and that he would have been concerned about his own wife earlier. But, if the marriage is troubled, that could certainly explain his reluctance to cause a fuss. We haven't seen anything to suggest they consider him a POI. I would certainly expect the Corps to confine him to based and/or quarters if he were under suspicion and they went out of their way to say that was not the case.

I have wondered about that story about the affair and the other guy's story being full of contradictions. Would the police contradict that story if it was wrong, or if they would just ignore it? Hard to know, I suppose.

Salem posted the article and cleared discussion when it was first brought up in thread 2. The majority of thread 2 is about this article.

no moonmeams---you need to go back and look at the entire post--the poster was asking if anyone could "put a name to the BF" and I said even if someone could name him it would be a rumor and would not be allowed. we were not discussing the article. [modsnip]

here is the original post that moonbeams was referencing---Quote Originally Posted by Liadan View Post
Can anyone put a name to this supposed BF yet?
and my answer---
even if so it would be considered a rumor and would not be allowed.

I agree there must be something besides her husband's word for it that she left. As for what he was doing that day, I doubt we are going to hear much until they at least name a POI, since he and his family have been advised to keep quiet. I did sense a bit of professional stink eye in that one officer's comments, where he talked about the dynamic between them and that he would have been concerned about his own wife earlier. But, if the marriage is troubled, that could certainly explain his reluctance to cause a fuss. We haven't seen anything to suggest they consider him a POI. I would certainly expect the Corps to confine him to based and/or quarters if he were under suspicion and they went out of their way to say that was not the case.

I have wondered about that story about the affair and the other guy's story being full of contradictions. Would the police contradict that story if it was wrong, or if they would just ignore it? Hard to know, I suppose.

I wonder if that married Marine is confined to base or quarters?
Well, if he was suspected, wouldn't they confine him?
Or they don't have "enough" proof, or any proof? Waiting for Erin's body perhaps?
IMOO.

JMO

The gates supposedly have cameras that capture people coming and going so I assume they have her on camera leaving and not returning. LE has stated that the base is not something they are searching so, again, I assume they have something more than just her husband's statement.

no moonmeams---you need to go back and look at the entire post--the poster was asking if anyone could "put a name to the BF" and I said even if someone could name him it would be a rumor and would not be allowed. we were not discussing the article. Good heavens--I have posted about it 5 or 6 times myself already. sheesh

I believe Moon's post was in response to the person who posted the radio station article about the possibility of a boyfriend, not knowing it had already been posted and discussed (as that is what was brought up in thread 2 and the majority of the discussion in that thread pertained to.)

no--[modsnip]--my post was quoted in reference to the BF issue.

[modsnip]

the original post that moon beams posted--I was repsonding to the BF issue--NOT the article--[modsnip]

Quote Originally Posted by justonedrin View Post
even if so it would be considered a rumor and would not be allowed.--EDIT__REPSONDING TO BOYFRIEND QUESTION and moonbeams Response----
Salem posted the article and cleared discussion when it was first brought up in thread 2. The majority of thread 2 is about this article.

I wonder if that married Marine is confined to base or quarters?
Well, if he was suspected, wouldn't they confine him?
Or they don't have "enough" proof, or any proof? Waiting for Erin's body perhaps?
IMOO.

That is a very good point. If that story is true, I imagine that other marine probably is confined to quarters.

Well there has to be something that has kept them searching where they are right?

Her family has stated that by the time LE knew Erin was missing her phone was already dead or turned off so they were unable to "ping" her phone. Does anyone know if there is a way for LE to get locations of a phone from the carrier or a phone location app, etc. after the phone has been disabled? I think I read somewhere once that there is an app that can tell you where a phone had been, not just where it currently was (?) Here is the link to the interview where her sister-in-law gives the information about her cell phone (near the very end of the video.) http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/3665059556001

Someone had a very long time to get rid of her body!

Have we heard anything on the last person BESIDES JC to see her was? Do we know she even made it home from the party?

What would they need to make someone a suspect? I'm clueless how all of this works, but I'm surprised there isn't already one POI.

I think they have a few POI's JMO

They just have not said so!

I think they need evidence.

I think it's safe to say she did not leave voluntarily. If she had she most likely would have contacted family by now and LE has already determined it was most likely not voluntary.
I don't think it's abnormal to go drive around a park to look if it would be a good photo location. I doubt she would have really got out of the car though. I have driven through JTNP twice (not alone), once in car and once on motorcycle. Both times I didn't get out of the car or off the bike, it's one of those places you could drive through to check it out. There is a photographer in 29 Palms area who mostly does pictures for marine wifes, babies, maternity and deployment photos. She also does regular photos (she did my family pics), but I know she uses JTNP as a place to do shoots. I have to wonder if Erin had contacted her to set an appt. for photos with her mom and was just going to look if it would be a good spot. It seems all the marine wives use this same photographer. However, it doesn't look like she "liked" the page of that photographer on fb so maybe that's a far cry.
Despite all that, I still wonder if she really went to JTNP. They were searching last week in Wonder Valley. They have said a 200 mile range. I wonder if it's possible she was killed at home or elsewhere, taken to JTNP and then someone said she went there to set it up to look like she was already there. However, I don't know if she would be hidden if that was the case, because they would have wanted to make it look like a random crime.
I think the radio station article could have been done due to a leak from the people who live on the base. Based on that and that facebook post we all saw with a statement pointing to another marine, it seems the people who live on base may suspect an affair and other marine. I don't think this should be entirely taken out of the theories. At this point there are really 3 options:
Husband
Other marine
Stranger
I am really hoping for a break in this case and for LE to find the culprit. Poor girl is only 19 and deserves justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member