GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: With all due respect, there is also no "factual" information that Erin is pregnant either. We have to work within the confines of what we're told.
Yup, we are Websleuths - that's why we are here, not rehearsing to be on the jury. It's unraveling a mystery, not putting someone behind bars. We can only go on what is published and there are different directions to sleuth. I for one believe where there is smoke, there's fire. That's my opinion only.

They are scheduled in advance and for one to cover another persons duty shift it must be approved by their supervisor in advance at least that is the rules for Naval personnel. Unless it were some sort of emergency situation that took place while the individual was on duty then the supervisor would arrange for someone to finish the shift.

I am wondering is LE being allowed to work in conjunction physically on the military base? Were the search warrants issued by the state or the federal government? Of course there are anonymous sources all the time to report the news I do not dispute that fact. But it is really bothersome to me that this affair story is out there at this point in time. I am not saying it is not possible but if everyone jumps down that same rabbit hole and frame of thinking and if it ends up NOT being the spouse or for sake of argument the other then precious time is being spent and wasted. Irregardless there is a young woman whom is missing and time is ticking away.

Question for anyone familiar with military duty rosters. Are duty rosters real time accurate or are they scheduled in advance and would not show if someone covered for the person scheduled on the roster to be on duty ?

When hubby was in the military, there was always someone who needed money for something and others who had money. They would "sell" their duty to someone who needed money for a certain amount, especially if they didn't want to pull that duty. It was not uncommon to be given KP, Guard or CQ duty and find someone in need of money to pull that duty for you. I don't recall it having to be approved, just that someone better be there at that duty to fill it as expected. This was back in the late 1960's, early 1970's when the Draft still existed and the Vietnam War was going on. You couldn't pay for someone else to deploy for you though. LOL

I am wondering is LE being allowed to work in conjunction physically on the military base? Were the search warrants issued by the state or the federal government? Of course there are anonymous sources all the time to report the news I do not dispute that fact. But it is really bothersome to me that this affair story is out there at this point in time. I am not saying it is not possible but if everyone jumps down that same rabbit hole and frame of thinking and if it ends up NOT being the spouse or for sake of argument the other then precious time is being spent and wasted. Irregardless there is a young woman whom is missing and time is ticking away.

BBM: The spouse is always looked at first and always looked at hard until LE is fairly convinced it's not the spouse. Usually while working on either including or eliminating the spouse as a suspect, they are also working other angles.

Thing is, IF the affair rumor is true, that gives us not just the spouse to look at as a possibility but the lover and/or his wife as well. This is why the rumored affair is important to the case. One obvious suspect vs three. IMO

They are scheduled in advance and for one to cover another persons duty shift it must be approved by their supervisor in advance at least that is the rules for Naval personnel. Unless it were some sort of emergency situation that took place while the individual was on duty then the supervisor would arrange for someone to finish the shift.

Hypothetically..If Sgt Jones was scheduled on the duty roster but Sgt Smith covered his duty hours. Would the duty roster be updated with Sgt Smith's name ?

Yes in the early 80's as well I remember my husband pulling double duty to cover anothers shift and yes it was for money. I just asked him how it works now since he is still in and he stated it is a whole new Navy now, not like it use to be. So whatever that is suppose to mean he is watching the ball game. (LOL)

Interesting. Why this mine in particular?

News a few days ago that the search was apparently concentrating on the old Dale Mining District and I think one other are was also mentioned. Oh, and thank you to Nora Charles for your videos? I was hearing something yesterday that I thought was (ahem) Sh** Hole Pass and the last video you posted that mentions it ends shortly before Sheep Hole Pass nicely clarified that for me!!

Was sort of trying to determine VERTICAL mines in Joshua Tree and of course anything super accessible from roads. Accessible that is relative to is to a good 4WD and close to road. If I were to dump a body out in monster hot desert, it would be dump. Not bury per se. 1) way too hot, and guessing 2) not exactly dirt that digs up easily.

So you either drop a live person known to have no sense of direction out in the middle of nowhere in 110 degree weather with no water. They aren't going to live long, however might get lucky to hang on long enough for air search to spot them.

Or out of sight, and where not likely anybody would happen across their body for a few months due to heat limiting activities.

How many old vertical mines out there? I saw some 3-digit figures on mines and have seen photos of both vertical and apparently old more horizontal entry.

Ivanhoe looks to me, not ever having been out there, like relatively easy access. East on Hwy 62 to Ironage Rd which goes south and then loops back west and slightly north to Ivanhoe.

Easy to understand why S&R out there is looking at mines.

Other thing occurred to me is monsoon season. I follow some live storm chasers and they were on one that caused flash flooding in Baker CA on July 5. Desert gets some serious rains and runoff. How might that impact recent tire tracks and foot prints, ability to search and could those heavy rains also cause some flooding in abandoned vertical mines?

This one just "struck" me in particular yesterday, although many others even deeper looking at their pictures.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ivanhoe1.htm

The maps for relative position do help understand the areas that are being searched. Thank you to those who posted links. My brain was fried last night and initially couldn't even get Google Maps to find the dang mine but later pulled it up.

God speed to all the searchers, whether on the ground (ugh) or in the air.

It is possible she fled. Left on her own.

It is possible and it would be nice, but LE is convinced that her being missing is involuntary, and they wouldn't make such a bold, definitive proclamation if they didn't have pretty strong evidence to believe this is the case. JMO.

It is possible and it would be nice, but LE is convinced that her being missing is involuntary, and they wouldn't make such a bold, definitive proclamation if they didn't have pretty strong evidence to believe this is the case. JMO.

Maybe they thought that at first.
I don't think they feel a crime has been committed as of now.
I have not seen them say that recently that was said way back when this all began.
I could be wrong but they know a lot more now than they did then.

Hypothetically..If Sgt Jones was scheduled on the duty roster but Sgt Smith covered his duty hours. Would the duty roster be updated with Sgt Smith's name ?

I think that is a very good question.

I have not seen them say that recently that was said way back when this all began.

Their most recent press release affirms that they believe she is missing involuntarily.

Their most recent press release affirms that they believe she is missing involuntarily.

No suspect
No poi or poi' s
Seems everyone so far has been accounted for time wise. Or we would have a poi or a suspect.

So if they think she left involuntarily they are pretty much saying one of them did it but they don't have that
I gotcha moment yet.
Jmo

I have read here and other places that JC was probably working a 7 am Sat to 7 am Sun shift, so based my comment on that, along with no description of what she was last wearing. The People article was the first I saw that JC witnessed EC leaving.

Like everything else with this case, no information causes misinformation, and I respect LE's reasons for keeping the investigation close to the vest. Although two people have been mentioned in MSM, both can't be guilty, and we really do not know what information has been gathered by LE.

Jumping off when JC may or may not himself have left the house, it occurred to me that if he did indeed have duty that day and they BOTH departed around 7am, perhaps she actually came back home and then later departed again? She was somewhere from 7am to 10am if you accept that she was the female the eyewitness actually saw, and not somebody else.

LE has gate tapes, but to my knowledge, nothing on those has been released to the media, correct? We don't know precisely when she last left the base?

Heck, she may have gone out to the ranch first, or shopping or right back to her own place. Seems she may have been carrying on affair right there at home, and if the cat's away….well mice might play.

Am still bothered by that 3 hour gap, but IF Erin was the female spotted at the blue vehicle, then she likely had not already been to Joshua Tree. LE is looking for her there and that's where they expect to find her, so they have good reason to believe she went there and did not come back out, despite where her vehicle was found. Unless they muffed 100% on interviewing the eyewitness 3 weeks ago and she got into a small, shiny red sedan with a not tall, not buff man and drove off who knows where instead.

Yet they stated they would be out all weekend with more personnel after scaling back earlier this week. Checking the park and old mining district.

No suspect
No poi or poi' s
Seems everyone so far has been accounted for time wise. Or we would have a poi or a suspect.

So if they think she left involuntarily they are pretty much saying one of them did it but they don't have that
I gotcha moment yet.
Jmo

Yeah, I agree it's pretty bizarre how they've classified this case thus far. "Involuntarily missing" yet "not a criminal investigation at this time" is fairly hard to reconcile. I just judge LE's actions more than their words, in that those quickly issued search warrants saying 'probable felonies', coupled with major crimes/homicide taking the investigatory lead, makes a pretty compelling case that they are convinced that a crime has been committed. JMO.

No suspect
No poi or poi' s

I gotcha moment yet.
Jmo

I think LE is being cautionary on that front. If LE publically names a POI, then they lawyer up and shut down part of the investigation. Right now, maybe the suspect doesn't think he/she has anything to worry about, but if LE comes out and names then a suspect or POI, then they are going to be cautious about their answers when interviewed and their actions in case they are under surveillance.

I think it LE is just being vague so they can have more freedom in their investigation. IMO

LE has their on way of speaking. They say they have no 'evidence' at this time that a crime has been committed. That is far different than them fully believing that Erin has met with foul play. They are looking for evidence to prove their beliefs.

They haven't been looking for an alive Erin in the park for weeks. They believe Erin is deceased. IMO

If Erin was carrying on this affair...which I believe she was... she wouldn't let her lover be put on the hotspot and suspected by police that he had possibly harmed her. If she was really alive she would call from an untraceable phone and tell LE she is ok and to not search for her anymore.

Everything points to Erin being deceased imo.

IMO

Another reason I keyed specifically on Ivanhoe, and it may not be the only one of this type, but I was immediately struck by "free drop and ascent on rope of 270'."

Living (if they survived that drop) would have no way out. No ladders in Ivanhoe. Deceased in a mine only people with the right gear to explore would go in, and based on the times explorers have gone in, many months at least before a body would be accidentally discovered.

Some of the other mines indicate ladders in at least some areas and don't all look to have easy, uncovered access.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ivanhoe1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member