GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

Yes from what I recall from one of these msm articles the other girl was found in the bushes by EMTs or first responders. So tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't listen to audio 911 calls, ever, after listening to the Saylor 911 call (san Diego, their accelerator stuck and they crashed full speed into a hill) but I read the transcribe and I have tears. he didn't even see the other girl. where was she? off to the side?

According to comments on Kym's site, the other girl was in the bushes and called for help. She was found by first responders, but the caller didn't see her. Rumor of course, but sounds reasonable to me. This whole thing is unbelievable. The jeep driver pulled over and then took off!

and it may have been the mother!!!!! :*(

According to comments on Kym's site, the other girl was in the bushes and called for help. She was found by first responders, but the caller didn't see her. Rumor of course, but sounds reasonable to me. This whole thing is unbelievable. The jeep driver pulled over and then took off!

CHP Humboldt Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=631018917074764&id=195214240655236

Posted within the past 30 minutes.

Names two persons as "parties of interest" they are looking for to question.

UPDATE: The California Highway Patrol (CHP), Humboldt Area, has worked diligently to identify the driver of the gray 2014 Jeep Wrangler which was involved in last week’s fatal hit and run traffic collision in Fortuna, on July 12, 2016. After the execution of a search warrant, the Jeep was recovered by CHP investigators on Wednesday, July 13, 2016. The Jeep was located in a fenced backyard, behind a gate, at the registered owner’s home. Investigators have made multiple attempts to contact Ms. Marcia Maelinda Kitchen, the registered owner of the Jeep, and her boyfriend, Mr. Joshua Wren Pearlston, for questioning. Upon the CHP locating the Jeep, Ms. Kitchen’s attorney contacted the CHP to help facilitate her questioning. At this time, Ms. Kitchen and Mr. Pearlston have not made themselves available to investigators and their whereabouts are unknown. The CHP is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Ms. Kitchen and Mr. Pearlston as they are parties of interest in this investigation. As a reminder to the public, the CHP may file criminal charges on anyone who has provided aid in hiding or concealing evidence in this case. We ask the public to please be patient with us as this investigation continues to unfold; this is a very complex case and we have to be thorough to ensure those who are responsible are held accountable for their crimes. CHP investigators have been working day and night to bring this investigation to a close and we appreciate the public’s assistance and support.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation should contact the Humboldt Area CHP office at 707-822-5981 during business hours or the Humboldt Communications Center at 707-268-2000 after business hours.

The Outpost reached out to the California Highway Patrol for some followup, due to the fact that their telling of communications between their agency and these parties doesn’t exactly jibe with comments made to the North Coast Journal by Kitchen’s attorney Ben Okin a week ago (see farther down). At the time, Okin said his client had been in contact with law enforcement. CHP public information officer Cy May says that is not the case.

“We’ve made ourselves very, very available. And they have not. We’ve tried, and we want a meeting more than anything. But they have not been as cooperative as we would have liked,” May said.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/jul/21/kiya-kitchen-faith-tsarnas-fortuna-teen-skateboard/

This is one of the most disturbing and disgusting incidents I have ever come across. This mother sickens me.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

These two cowards could be anywhere. This was not a case that received national attention and she at least is very normal/average looking. She could easily blend in.

As the mom of a teenage daughter, I cannot wrap my head around this at ALL. Are drugs involved? Is the mom an addict???

BBM-I've read about some pretty crazy cases here at WS, where drugs were involved. It's about the only reason that could speak to this kind of behavior. Drugs become #1 in an addict's life, and if they are parents, the children suffer : (

It's pretty sad and maybe says more about the news and incidents I go out of my way to follow and read about, but I am no longer shocked when I read about a parent killing a child. Saddened and dismayed but the shock and surprise is long gone.

These circumstances are kind of unusual though.

How drunk/drugged could the driver have been? She stopped after hitting the girls then left the scene to go home and hide the Jeep. That doesn't sound like some sort of blackout or anything.

So... what kind of mother does this after running her own child over? I'm willing to bet she knew who she hit, especially if the girls skateboarded in that area on a regular basis. I can't even. I hope once she's caught she gets an extra dose of jail for leaving the girls. And I don't want to hear one peep out of her attorney about her "having suffered enough."

:furious:

Has there been a funeral service for Kiya Kitchen??

Well someone's not being truthful. But who?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I just don't understand why there hasn't been an arrest yet, if indeed the LE knew where they were. This is the weirdest case (IMO). I mean, mow down two youths, hide the car, get a lawyer, go into hiding, is this the new blue print on how to get away with vehicular manslaughter. If this was DUI related, it's to late to prove now.

I just don't understand why there hasn't been an arrest yet, if indeed the LE knew where they were. This is the weirdest case (IMO). I mean, mow down two youths, hide the car, get a lawyer, go into hiding, is this the new blue print on how to get away with vehicular manslaughter. If this was DUI related, it's to late to prove now.

There must be something strange about this case that has made an arrest impossible so far. According to CHP, it's a complex case. I'm not sure why, of course, but I'd rather wait a little longer for the right person(s) be arrested. But it's certainly true that it's too late to prove a DUI. Without proof of impairment, the hit-and-run is even more cold blooded IMO.

We ask the public to please be patient with us as this investigation continues to unfold; this is a very complex case and we have to be thorough to ensure those who are responsible are held accountable for their crimes. CHP investigators have been working day and night to bring this investigation to a close and we appreciate the public’s assistance and support.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/07/21/chp-asks-for-help-finding-two-suspected-in-hit-and-run-deaths-of-two-teenagers/

I guess it's not legally possible for the ME/LE to refuse to release the body until mom (and boyfriend) come in for a chat with detectives (with or without an arrest).

The attorneys respond to the CHP, stating that their clients are not in hiding and contradicting other CHP statements.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/07/21/suspects-attorneys-refute-chps-press-release/

So who do we believe? LE, or a Criminal Defense Attorney who is notorious for spinning a certain perception of their client for the potential jury pool?

[FONT=&quot]On Wednesday, July 13th, Attorney Neal Sanders contacted your office on my and Ms. Kitchen’s behalf within 60 minutes of her return to Humboldt County from her daughters’ death bed in Oakland.

[/FONT]
Snipped from the link. I'm curious about that visit to Kiya. Who told Marcie she was airlifted to Oakland? How did she get there? Did she pretend not to know who hit the girls or what happened?

Yes from what I recall from one of these msm articles the other girl was found in the bushes by EMTs or first responders. So tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know which one was the girl the 911 caller was with? I mean if it was Kiya... and the Jeep stopped and the driver was who the police surmise it was, the mom... then she knew who she hit. Ugh I can't even word myself right, this is so horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back