Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ JohnRoot Fitzpatrick, 55, missing, 30 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that LinkedIn resume, JRF claims to have been in the Navy for 20 years, 1 months from Dec 1990 through Dec 2020. Assuming that's true then he's likely getting at least some pension. And it would be very common for someone in the armed forces to retire immediately after they become eligible to draw their pension.

For a few years in the early 2010s, he earned some certifications and apparently worked steadily. He has several jobs listed on his resume, doing maritime anti-piracy and as an instructor in crisis response, security and anti-terrorism. However the last job listed on his resume is with the State Department in 2015. Then starting in March 2017, the resume says he is on a 'Career Break' which continues to the present day.

So that sort of tracks with someone who may not have been able to find a job or else just voluntarily decide to take a hiatus around the mid-2010s. With low expenses he could live a simple life off his pension with no need to work. And perhaps supplementing his income by taking on the occasional side gig.

As a side note, I found that LinkedIn offers vets 1-year of free access to their premium service. So, it could be that he is taking advantage of that rather than paying $40/month.
I agree he claims states this on LinkedIn. Did we verify this was his actual LinkedIn? I saw another LinkedIn that had his actual photo.

I understand after 20 years someone can retire from the military. The average pension with 20 years is 50% of previous pay. So maybe 45-50K a year. Roughly. 4k month is amazing in some cases, but might not be great in others.

He is also going through a divorce. Is he paying alimony? If he was married to his first wife 10 years, she would be entitled to 1/2 of that military pension. Lots of things factor in.

Unfortuneatly I checked her original picture ... not discovering any persons in the back or reflections in the mirror ... so misleading picture tricks by someone ?
Could you please upload the original picture here?
I used the photo from the post I quoted which is below. Is that the same as the original photo?
I did enlarge/crop, lighten/darken the photo below but I see the same things in that photo without enlargement or filters, just not as clearly. I truly believe people want to help not trick you. I know I only meant to help. JMO.

64da36024a1e9:original.jpeg

IMO he wasn't posing for this pic - to me it seems as tho he is (mid-) movement - towards her obviously & i do have to wonder if she (sneakily) meant to include the license plate number...just moo.

Looking at that LinkedIn resume, JRF claims to have been in the Navy for 20 years, 1 months from Dec 1990 through Dec 2020. Assuming that's true then he's likely getting at least some pension. And it would be very common for someone in the armed forces to retire immediately after they become eligible to draw their pension.

For a few years in the early 2010s, he earned some certifications and apparently worked steadily. He has several jobs listed on his resume, doing maritime anti-piracy and as an instructor in crisis response, security and anti-terrorism. However the last job listed on his resume is with the State Department in 2015. Then starting in March 2017, the resume says he is on a 'Career Break' which continues to the present day.

So that sort of tracks with someone who may not have been able to find a job or else just voluntarily decide to take a hiatus around the mid-2010s. With low expenses he could live a simple life off his pension with no need to work. And perhaps supplementing his income by taking on the occasional side gig.

As a side note, I found that LinkedIn offers vets 1-year of free access to their premium service. So, it could be that he is taking advantage of that rather than paying $40/month.
Did you mean 20 or 30 years? 2010 would be 20, 2020 would be 30 years of service.

Unfortuneatly I checked her original picture ... not discovering any persons in the back or reflections in the mirror ... so misleading picture tricks by someone ?

Could you please upload the original picture here?
I used the photo from the post I quoted which is below. Is that the same as the original photo?
I did enlarge/crop, lighten/darken the photo below but I see the same things in that photo without enlargement or filters, just not as clearly. I truly believe people want to help not trick you. I know I only meant to help. JMO.

IMO he wasn't posing for this pic - to me it seems as tho he is (mid-) movement - towards her obviously & i do have to wonder if she (sneakily) meant to include the license plate number...just moo.

the original posted is in this article ETA: no trickery, just trying to help, as always.

ETA: can someone please check & post FJ's original of this photo to compare???

Last edited:
MORONGO VALLEY MAN ARRESTED AFTER AN ASSAULT CAUSED SERIOUS INJURIES - Z107.7 FM Joshua Tree

JRF has an association with the military, no doubt, as confirmed by a military court hearing probationary measures related to the above-referenced most recent assault conviction (Feb 2019).
It would be disconcerting if his claimed experience and service is verifiable, given his SM musings are a bit unhinged. Hopefully he only barks like a Seal.
Misread the above link initially, believing the assault occurred in his capacity as a food delivery worker and wondered why it wasn’t included in LinkedIn profile, unless a part of either life-long enrollment in “the school of hard knocks” or more recent attempts at finding inner peace and disentangling from global stresses or some such.
Apparently, the food delivery to the intended woman was from the goodness of his heart. When the boyfriend answered, however, he was concussed with a ruptured ear drum and choked to unconsciousness.

I agree he claims states this on LinkedIn. Did we verify this was his actual LinkedIn? I saw another LinkedIn that had his actual photo.
Snipped.

I have to believe it’s real. The profile is more than a decade old. He has more than 500 connections and if you look at who linked with him they aren’t bots. They seem to be legit veterans and current military with hundreds of connections of their own.

He also has several recommendations which were written back in 2012-2014. And again the recommenders appear to be legit and not bots.

I did a search for military pay in 2010 when he would have retired. Retirement pay is based on Basic pay at the time of retirement.

E7 with 20 years is $4131 a month
E8 with 20 years is $4626 a month

Typically for retirement those with 20 years of service earn 50% of their last basic pay. If he happened to make it to E9 (I only doubt this because if he made it to E9 I think he'd likely stay in longer than the minimum 20 years. I'm married to a servicemember so I am only basing this on my known knowledge and experience with seeing first hand friends and co workers of my husband and what it typical. If he did happen to make it to E9 (highest enlisted rank in the military) then the pay would be $5261 for 20 years. Then the retirement pay is 50% of that.

I do think that pay goes up each year when they adjust for inflation, but I am not sure how they figure that since my husband hasn't retired yet.

Another consideration for him would be VA disability. Most servicemembers that serve for 20 years come out with some type of disability rating and that equals money also.

Last if he he contributed to his TSP (military retirement account) then he could be receiving something there, but maybe not if he isn't the age to draw some of it yet?

the reflection she saw is in the right side mirror casing... I do not see it well

the "figure" is to right of the truck, way back along the edge of the grasses- to me that does look like a tiny silhouette of Fang wearing a hat... other people say it is just more grass. It is very distant and small, so ?

Assuming FJ has an affinity for US military bases opens up a whole other can of worms. My assumption is FJ is a curious citizen of the world and her explorations of the desert region would include what’s pictured in the magazines; dramatic landscapes and vistas, dark night skies, civilized desert oases, etc.
Visiting military bases and staying in trailer parks may have resulted in tension over vastly different expectations of “the tour”. Though early images depict contentment in the initial days of the handful we know they were together, we all know how emotions can quickly and irrationally change for someone previously demonstrating anger/assault tendencies.
I always wish to favor misadventure in such cases but lack of vehicle is troubling, as are phone pings (aware of fairly recent incident in same vast area where vehicle stolen from trailhead).
Most troubling, however—as the search for FJ is hampered for ‘privacy concerns’ because of the possibility she is ‘voluntarily missing’, the sad irony of this case as it is the least likely possibility—is the fact that nobody is searching for JRF, apparently with more ex-spouses than people concerned with his well-being.
MOO

This, exactly this.

Not one person he knows has come forward showing concern for his whereabouts...why ??

Could it just be that almost everyone who knows or knows of him has the "snapped and run" scenario in their minds.

As a Navy Seals Vet, surely at least one "brother" would've publicized the missing status, got a group together and said c'mon guys we're gonna find our bro. Look I know, area is vast and unforgiving, but no-one...not one person it seems has even bothered.

No man left behind

As a Navy Seals Vet, surely at least one "brother" would've publicized the missing status, got a group together and said c'mon guys we're gonna find our bro. Look I know, area is vast and unforgiving, but no-one...not one person it seems has even bothered.

No man left behind

Maybe it's a job they're paid to do, and they don't keep acting the part once they retire?

(Actually, I think it'd be a bit alarming if veterans continued to act as though they were in combat on enemy territory, when they return to civilian life back home.)

Fang's photo of JRF in front of his truck labelled 7.17-2.jpg on the google drive LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as the photo above being referenced above -- no trickery...no enhancements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's a job they're paid to do, and they don't keep acting the part once they retire?

(Actually, I think it'd be a bit alarming if veterans continued to act as though they were in combat on enemy territory, when they return to civilian life back home.)
There are many Groups out there for ALL armed forces Vets and the brotherhood they form in service that continues afterwards.

There was NO suggestion whatsoever that vets would act as though they were "in combat on enemy territory when they return to civvy life"....the words I left at the end was acknowledging an expression that armed forces stand by

The person I corresponded with a little on the a Seals FB page knew Fitz, hadn't heard that he was missing (early Aug) and said he "was surprised" there were no active searches.

Fang's photo of JRF in front of his truck labelled 7.17-2.jpg on the google drive LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as the photo above being referenced above -- no trickery...no enhancements.
Ok .... if I compare and zoom in on the original it does not really reflect the same image that you are circling in red when zooming in ... maybe because of pixels .... the reflection in the mirrorbackside can be anything....the silhouette is just grass

You have access to google drive ????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok .... if I compare and zoom in on the original it does not really reflect the same image that you are circling in red when zooming in ... maybe because of pixels .... the reflection in the mirrorbackside can be anything....the silhouette is just grass

You have access to google drive ????????????

I am not the poster circling anything....that was the poster named "I'm Nobody". @I'm Nobody

[ETA: their post circling is here :
CA - CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 22 Jul 2023, w/ John Root Fitzpatrick, 55, missing, 30 Jul ‘23 ]

I will send u the link to where I found Google docs.

More importantly than military buddies, iirc, JRF has a child (Am I right in thinking from his first marriage? So potentially/likely an adult?). MOO but it’s odd that no friends or family, including his child or his child’s mother, seem to be speaking out or raising the alarm.

I have no relationship with either of my parents as an adult (one is deceased), but if they had gone missing under what seem like suspicious circumstances (whether an accident or a crime committed), I would be doing something. Not everyone has close relationships with others as an adult, but nearly everyone has someone in their circle who would step up and fight for them if something back happened. We see it on WS all the time. Our verified insiders are not always partners or children, they’re a work colleague or a childhood friend or a partner of a friend who feels moved to do something to help. MOO but it’s odd to have no one who is moved to do anything when someone goes missing. Maybe though there would be more momentum to search for FJ if there was someone on the ground championing a search for JRF.

More importantly than military buddies, iirc, JRF has a child (Am I right in thinking from his first marriage? So potentially/likely an adult?). MOO but it’s odd that no friends or family, including his child or his child’s mother, seem to be speaking out or raising the alarm.

I have no relationship with either of my parents as an adult (one is deceased), but if they had gone missing under what seem like suspicious circumstances (whether an accident or a crime committed), I would be doing something. Not everyone has close relationships with others as an adult, but nearly everyone has someone in their circle who would step up and fight for them if something back happened. We see it on WS all the time. Our verified insiders are not always partners or children, they’re a work colleague or a childhood friend or a partner of a friend who feels moved to do something to help. MOO but it’s odd to have no one who is moved to do anything when someone goes missing. Maybe though there would be more momentum to search for FJ if there was someone on the ground championing a search for JRF.
We are repressenting the 2 daughters of Jin Fang. The PI we hired is contacting and verifying neighbours, family , friends , ex collegues of John to find out more about his back ground or possible whereabouts ...
We already contacted his friend that reported him missing....Hopefully his SEAL buds also are voluntaring to help searching ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine