CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you right now that we have those same straps and no doubt they are in at least one if not both of our trucks and the service truck, along with various other colors and strengths of tie downs. They're common, even the black lines in them.
Harbor Freight.
They were probably used when the family moved........and who doesn't have tie downs in their truck?

Unfortunately we have to wait until next week to hear what Dr. Rudin has to say, but I'm leaning towards it's possible it was the Dodge truck that was leaving that night on video, based on the questions today and before today (the wheel base thing has been a question throughout this trial) JMO So if that is the case, then the red straps may mean more than just "everyone has them" IMO

I can't recall at the moment, and I have to head to work for a bit, but wasn't there something about Summer driving that truck the majority of the time and whether or not the car seats were usually in there or not? Anyone? lol I know they didn't have 2 sets of car seats and we can see in the photo of the truck that there were no car seats in there (or room for them lol).

What are you thinking the significance is with the tie downs in the truck?

I don't think it's that alone... but if it was also the truck leaving the home at 7:47pm ... then what is the explanation for that? one or both lured from the home? Merritt driving the green truck now? How does that fit into this?

Heading to work for a bit... interested in other's thoughts on this. I have wondered if they excluded the green truck... I'm expecting to hear more next week. JMO

Unfortunately we have to wait until next week to hear what Dr. Rudin has to say, but I'm leaning towards it's possible it was the Dodge truck that was leaving that night on video, based on the questions today and before today (the wheel base thing has been a question throughout this trial) JMO So if that is the case, then the red straps may mean more than just "everyone has them" IMO

I can't recall at the moment, and I have to head to work for a bit, but wasn't there something about Summer driving that truck the majority of the time and whether or not the car seats were usually in there or not? Anyone? lol I know they didn't have 2 sets of car seats and we can see in the photo of the truck that there were no car seats in there (or room for them lol).

If Joey had to move something for the business, pick up supplies, etc., he'd use the Dodge if the stuff wouldn't fit in the Trooper. That would explain the tie downs in the Dodge.
Summer DID use the Dodge the majority of the time and it was testified that the Dodge usually did have the car seats in it.
CM said in the 1st LE interview that JM was driving the white car or little car on the 4th at Chik-fil-a and the detective said "you mean the Trooper", CM said yes. Summer had the Dodge and it was assumed she was running errands that day so she would have the car seats.

RSBM

BBM
The Dodge has an extended cab, plenty of room for car seats.

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 47
  • dodge2.jpg
    dodge2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 44
  • screen-shot-2019-03-06-at-9.12.47-am.png
    screen-shot-2019-03-06-at-9.12.47-am.png
    649.3 KB · Views: 43
I listened again to Dr. Rudin's testimony. He made it clear that even though the wheel base measurement was off, it was within the margin of error. He corrected McGee when McGee said is was off/exculpatory and Rudin said it was within the margin of error.

IMO MOO

Did anyone get a screenshot of the straps from the grave? I don't think they match the one's in the Dodge., they have a thin black line just inside the edge on both sides. Seems to me the grave site strap also had a wider black line off center.
And is the tie down red or orange in the truck? Cuz, you got me on that one.

Are we supposed to believe someone murdered the family, drove the trooper to the border but meanwhile drove summers truck back to the house?
You betcha, mrjitty, cuz it was a "team" that took out the McStay family, the one's that left partial DNA at the gravesite.......and apparently washed the Dodge down when they brought it back because OBVIOUSLY, it would have mud caked to the undercarriage, among other things.:rolleyes:

Just pulling your leg, mrjitty, lol!;)

***Attention - defense distraction alert - defense distraction alert - defense distraction alert***

Photo comparison

1. McStay Dodge front lights
2. File photo showing Dodge front lights illuminated
3. Mitchley video front lights

dodge front lights.png dodge front lights 2.png mitchley video headlights.png

I believe (Dodge-y) Maline showed a side view picture of the front of the car to Bachman, which obscured the running lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph