CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting whether the Judge would have allowed the DK evidence at all if the defence wasn't producing the Riccobene confession.

DK has a strong alibi and no evidence links him to the murders. At most we have his paypal raids more a week after the disappearance.

The confession is the only thing that places him in the frame

It's also cray that the defence has made so many wild claims about the confession in the Opening - which it now won't substantiate.

I feel the Judge got played

Did the judge really get played? Maybe not.

JS is a highly seasoned judge. I think he gave them all the room to say whatever they felt they were going to prove to the jury.

However, JS has presided over many such cases, and JS is very aware it's all on the DT to then support what all they have promised in OS.

He knows if they fail to produce.... it will not bode well in the end... where he knows credibility is a must.

Imo, JS most likely warned the DT in closed hearings about the risk danger if they failed to produce the witnesses they told the jury would bring before them.

He has allowed the DT wide range to prove what they asserted in OS. JS knows this cuts down the appellate issues if CM is convicted.

It's not JSs fault the DT failed to live up to what they promised they would prove to the jury.

Imoo

We should be getting live stream today, according to L&C. :)

Is it just going to exist of CMs interview only?

I can't remember now because it seems like light years ago, but how did the DT cross examine when CMs interview clip with LE was entered?

Will they have the LE officer back on the stand to introduce the interview?

I honestly don't understand the point of introducing it anyway because its common for the murderer to deny any involvement.

The jury will know however how CM loves to run his mouth and brag about himself! Lol!

Imo, it's nothing more than fluff, and filler.

Imoo

Good morning everyone!! :D

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 9m9 minutes ago
#McStay - Court is about to begin. Watch Live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-mcstay-family-murder-trial/ …

D6ddv0fU0AE5TJS.jpg

Well the defense is reminding us the two timed felon has no alibi and that CJ was trying to get a hold of him repeatedly. How is this supposed to help the defense?

They are insisting that it's his truck on the video and that they know he was there. Bachman testified last week that they didn't have any expert look at the video at this point, they were trying to get Dr. Rudin. Maline showed him photo's of what he tried to match up with the trucks, which included that back light that even the State knows didn't match up and changed their opinion to it was a "reflection". So as they are questioning him, I think they do believe it's his truck, but if Rudin comes in and says he can exclude it, or if these jurors have any doubt about it being his truck, I think it will help the defense. If the jurors already think it's his truck, I don't think it helps at all. JMO

They are insisting that it's his truck on the video and that they know he was there. Bachman testified last week that they didn't have any expert look at the video at this point, they were trying to get Dr. Rudin. Maline showed him photo's of what he tried to match up with the trucks, which included that back light that even the State knows didn't match up and changed their opinion to it was a "reflection". So as they are questioning him, I think they do believe it's his truck, but if Rudin comes in and says he can exclude it, or if these jurors have any doubt about it being his truck, I think it will help the defense. If the jurors already think it's his truck, I don't think it helps at all. JMO

The judge did educate the jury that the detectives are allowed to lie and say things that may not be true in order to elicit information from the suspect.

The judge did educate the jury that the detectives are allowed to lie and say things that may not be true in order to elicit information from the suspect.

Right, and when Bachman testified before (months ago now lol), he did say that he believed that the info he had about the pings was true.

Maline is asking him right now about the "lying" that they can do. About pings in Fallbrook, that it wasn't true.

oh my... red strap in the back of the other Mcstay truck

They are now showing the headlights on the other McStay truck... oh my... are they going to match the other dodge truck to the video???

ETA: Lot's of questions about the other truck being asked....

Attachments

• red strap.JPG
    red strap.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 27

They are now showing the headlights on the other McStay truck... oh my... are they going to match the other dodge truck to the video???

Well that would be interesting if Rudin matches the video to the green truck.

Meh, regarding the tie down straps. They are very common. Even I had them in the bed of my truck that I drove daily for ten years.

Well that would be interesting if Rudin matches the video to the green truck.

Meh, regarding the tie down straps. They are very common. Even I had them in the bed of my truck that I drove daily for ten years.
Agree about the tie down straps, and CM being a frequent visitor to the McStay home would of known that they were in the back of the truck.

I can tell you right now that we have those same straps and no doubt they are in at least one if not both of our trucks and the service truck, along with various other colors and strengths of tie downs. They're common, even the black lines in them.
Harbor Freight.
They were probably used when the family moved........and who doesn't have tie downs in their truck?

What are you thinking the significance is with the tie downs in the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname