CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that assessment. I looked at it from that point of view -- that it was a snarky comment.

DP acted like Karlie literally thought the lettuce was devils lettuce. (after he listened to the tape) I don't think it had anything to do with the old slang "devils lettuce" for pot.

I thought we could link to a FB page as long as it is a person (adult) directly involved, and the page is not private. BM's page is not set to private. Anyone can read it.
Not true. Linking family whether adult or not is considered sleuthing the family.

Hope Mods will recognize which page considered an official "find missing KG" source for posting on thread.

Last edited:
Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

bessie, Sep 23, 2015

Is salad something Karlie normally liked? Don’t know why but it seems like an odd choice late at night when your kid is in a panicked state to make them a salad. Who knows

I thought the same thing. "Here, you're freaking out. Let me whip up a big, hard to eat salad."

Why wouldn't she just make her toast or some eggs. Cereal maybe? Some yogurt. Something easy to eat and digest when you're filled with anxiety.

Last edited:
From the video transcript posted upthread:

50:53 LINDSAY FAIRLEY When Karlie was picked up by stepmom, Karlie was scared to get in her car and said she was scared she was going to kill her.One point Karlie reached to the front seat and grabbed the steering wheel.
Why was Karlie in the back seat?

There is no data to support overdose/death related to any of these drugs put out as possibilities so far:

Marijuana (THC)
Marijuana Overdose: Is It Even Possible to Die from Cannabis?
Why overdose may be the wrong word when it comes to cannabis | CBC News

Of note is the potency and effects of marijuana edibles, as you can take in a very high dose of thc versus smoking over a short period of time. This can easily make you sick or feel like you're going to die while not being caused by real physical toxicity(I've had this experience).

LSD
The way LSD interacts with the body makes it extremely unlikely to die as a direct result and there is no known overdose or toxicity level (you might jump off a cliff while hallucinating, but it is the fall that kills you)
https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/LSD_Facts_Sheet.pdf
https://maps.org/research-archive/w3pb/2008/2008_Passie_23067_1.pdf

Other potential psychedelics like shrooms, MDMA or its derivatives also have no overdose evidence.

I personally conclude from this that she did not die of an overdose if she indeed was under the influence of one of these, or if she did, that she was on meth, K2 or bath salts. I can't see her doing these when marijuana is readily available. If she s dead, it is because she was killed IMO.
In reference to KG being in the back seat, SM said something to the effect that KG was so panicked/afraid that she got into the backseat because it was faster/closer. I found it odd then that she felt the need to explain or even mention it IF that is indeed what happened.
Again, IF she did then the only explanation I can come up with is that she was afraid of SM which could be because she was pissed/potentially violent/under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
She/they showed how mad/upset they were that she lied about where she was going.

Back to the car being in a body shop, if it was. None of that makes sense. I think there could have been an accident. Was SM high and very mad which would make her drive erratically, so much so that KG grabbed the wheel? Was she speeding? KG kept saying, "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME!", according to both SM and the tape as verified by DP.
It would explain a lot if KG had a head injury.
Just to clarify, everything I hypothesize is due to everything I've heard or read thus far and is, of course, my own opinion (isn't that what MOO means?), and likely to evolve as facts are ascertained or more credible info is gathered. This is not my only theory, just throwing this out there now.

ETA: Someone mentioned that you couldn't grab a wheel from a back seat.
You sure can if you unbuckle your seat belt. I find it odd that you'd think not.

In reference to KG being in the back seat, SM said something to the effect that KG was so panicked/afraid that she got into the backseat because it was faster/closer. I found it odd then that she felt the need to explain or even mention it IF that is indeed what happened.
Again, IF she did then the only explanation I can come up with is that she was afraid of SM which could be because she was pissed/potentially violent/under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
She/they showed how mad/upset they were that she lied about where she was going.

Back to the car being in a body shop, if it was. None of that makes sense. I think there could have been an accident. Was SM high and very mad which would make her drive erratically, so much so that KG grabbed the wheel? Was she speeding? KG kept saying, "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME!", according to both SM and the tape as verified by DP.
It would explain a lot if KG had a head injury.
Just to clarify, everything I hypothesize is due to everything I've heard or read thus far and is, of course, my own opinion (isn't that what MOO means?), and likely to evolve as facts are ascertained or more credible info is gathered. This is not my only theory, just throwing this out there now.

ETA: Someone mentioned that you couldn't grab a wheel from a back seat.
You sure can if you unbuckle your seat belt. I find it odd that you'd think not.
She was not acting like this only with SM. She also was acting like this at the party. Therefore, she must have the head injury before SM picked her up.

I know it isn’t my business, but I would really like to hear these two audio recordings that SM took.

We can learn a lot of things from the recordings ...

- If SM was possibly intoxicated that night (slurred speech, etc.), thus maybe supporting the car accident theory
- Moreover, Karlie discussing injuries from the possible car accident
- Karlie’s state of mind (we could possibly get a better idea of what specific drug she was experiencing these effects from)
- If Karlie was exhibiting symptoms of a head injury (or any injury, really) or not
- The SM’s attitude toward KG due to what happened that night ... Was she mad? Furious? Comforting and reassuring, just as Dr. Phil noticed and commented on when he listened to part of the recording on the show?

Idk, but I definitely think the audio presented to Dr. Phil was edited by the SM to only include the “good” parts that make her look like a good parent and present her in a positive light. I’m sorry to say this and if it isn’t allowed I apologize. I’m not trying to implicate the SM but the whole audio situation is shady to me, in MY opinion.

JMO IMO
I wish I'd read all of the comments before I posted a couple of mine. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix