CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the step moms story, i don't think karlie ever left the house. I think something bad happened to her inside and they are trying to cover it up. I hope LE is investigating and I would love to see both of them -step mom and dad- take a lie detector test. Their story has changed several times about what happened that night. I hope I am wrong and she comes home safe and sound but the longer she is missing the more I am suspicious.

I don't believe the step moms story, i don't think karlie ever left the house. I think something bad happened to her inside and they are trying to cover it up. I hope LE is investigating and I would love to see both of them -step mom and dad- take a lie detector test. Their story has changed several times about what happened that night. I hope I am wrong and she comes home safe and sound but the longer she is missing the more I am suspicious.

I just don’t know what to think anymore. Precious hours were lost that first couple days with the changing story.

Initially I felt she ran away. Mostly because of the man that said he saw her standing by the highway. Now I just dont know what to think

Sex traffickers are still a big concern of mine

I just don’t know what to think anymore. Precious hours were lost that first couple days with the changing story.

Initially I felt she ran away. Mostly because of the man that said he saw her standing by the highway. Now I just dont know what to think

Sex traffickers are still a big concern of mine

I agree...sex traffickers are a concern but

I just can not see a 16 year old leaving - no matter what 'condition' they are in WITHOUT their phone. This generation of kids has ALWAYS had a phone. Their phones are a part of them, integral to their world. Seems strange that, if she left on her own volition, she did it without her phone. IMO

I agree...sex traffickers are a concern but

I just can not see a 16 year old leaving - no matter what 'condition' they are in WITHOUT their phone. This generation of kids has ALWAYS had a phone. Their phones are a part of them, integral to their world. Seems strange that, if she left on her own volition, she did it without her phone. IMO

That does make me wonder too. But I will say these kids are savy and she may have known if she took her phone they could track her through the phone.

The other thing that doesn't make sense about the phone is the BF saying he saw it in her room next to the bed that morning and SM saying it was on the kitchen counter. IMO the BF seems very sincere and very heartbroken.

It is a really baffling case

yes i can't believe how long it has been
Sadly, given the area she lived near which was very mountainous, remote and rugged, I can absolutely believe it's taken this long. While I keep waiting for the announcement that she's been found, this may be one where that isn't going to happen. If the stated stories are true and Karlie did wander down the highway, it's very plausible to think she got off track or lost somewhere off the beaten path which could lead to a host of bad things like starvation, dehydration and exhaustion. She is just a teenager without any means to contact anyone.

I've never thought this was a case of a random person picking her off the side of the road for nefarious intentions. The chances that someone with those intentions would happen to be going down the remote highway by her neighborhood at the exact same time as Karlie wandering around just doesn't hold water to me. I fear she succumbed to the elements but pray I'm wrong :(.

Agree with you. It sounds like they already talked to LE and provided a description of who they saw.

Honestly based on how absolutely out of control these Facebook groups get, I would never blame a witness for not making a public statement going forward. They are run by lunatic attention seekers who attach on to desperate parents. In a few of the cases we follow these groups border on interfering with a LE investigation by what they do to witnesses and how they harass people. I am sure the last thing LE wants is potential witnesses becoming tainted or fearful because of the attention. The credentialed press is bad enough.

If you research sunrise on Oct 13th 2018, it was dark at the time KG Supposedly went walking at seen by neighbor. The neighbor said he was sitting in his hot tub, there is an anon pic of this neighbors hot tub which is surrounded by trees. With the fact it was dark and view obstructed by trees, this is not a credible sighting. The temp that morning was cold and therefore she would have needed a jacket.
In SM first video she had on white shirt and grayish pants, she also "retraced" those steps same day. Let's also not forget SM kept saying in her videos that she might be "disoriented" and fell and bumped her head. Isnt that a weird thing to say when your young step daughter just went missing without a trace? She also said she drove her car in desert over "boulders" looking for her instead of calling friends, family etc asking if anyone had seen her?
The whole case has been off and inconsistent. Not once has SM/and or dad gone public pleading for her return. If it was my child, people would get get sick of seeing my face!

October 26, 2018
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter

“Crime Stories'” Nancy Grace spoke exclusively with 16-year-old Karlie’s stepmother, Melissa Gusé, on Thursday. Mellisa was the last person to reportedly talk to the teen before she vanished. As CrimeOnline previously reported, Melissa said she picked Karlie up the night prior in “town,” miles away from the family’s rural home on the outskirts of Bishop. Karlie was then brought home, according to Melissa, near White Mountain Estate Road in Chalfant, which lies around 14 miles north of Bishop.

Melissa said her stepdaughter admitted to her that she had smoked marijuana on the evening of October 12 while out with her boyfriend and a few friends, and said the teen seemed disoriented and “acted paranoid” when she picked her up at around 8 p.m. The stepmom, who said Karlie was alone when she picked her up, stated she eventually she got the teen calm and even slept in her room with her all night to make sure she was OK.
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter
If you look at what stepmom is wearing the day of Karlie disappearance on her FB live video she has on grey sweats and a white shirt.

If you look at what stepmom is wearing the day of Karlie disappearance on her FB live video she has on grey sweats and a white shirt.
I noticed that as well!! I also think I saw she made a statement that she was wearing jeans originally. I think she changed the description when she went on Facebook live? I’m new to this one and just started reading through today. I also read the blog that her bio-mom posted on her page. It’s the analysis of the SM’s various statements and videos.

I noticed that as well!! I also think I saw she made a statement that she was wearing jeans originally. I think she changed the description when she went on Facebook live? I’m new to this one and just started reading through today. I also read the blog that her bio-mom posted on her page. It’s the analysis of the SM’s various statements and videos.
Step mom originally said Karlie was wearing skinny jeans and white T-shirt because she was sleeping (or awake in bed) wearing a white T-shirt and underwear. Step mom assumed she put on skinny jeans before leaving because she always wears skinny jeans. She could not confirm if any pairs of jeans were missing because Karlie had so many. Description of clothing changed after eye witnesses reported seeing a young girl (one who knows Karlie and said it was Karlie) wearing a white T-shirt and grey sweatpants. Interesting that step mom was wearing white T-shirt and grey sweatpants on the day of disappearance. Anyone have confirmation of this?

Could the eyewitness have seen step mom, not Karlie? Step mom states she went out looking for her before reporting her missing.

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter's clothes from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes