CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that as well!! I also think I saw she made a statement that she was wearing jeans originally. I think she changed the description when she went on Facebook live? I’m new to this one and just started reading through today. I also read the blog that her bio-mom posted on her page. It’s the analysis of the SM’s various statements and videos.
Where can that be found? I'm interested in reading it as well. Can you link it here?

Where can that be found? I'm interested in reading it as well. Can you link it here?
It’s a blog so here’s the link. Karlie’s bio mom was the one who posted it to her page publicly. So I’m assuming it’s ok to post.
*modsnip*/ link removed as it is against TOS (e.g, no msm or le), no mather if any person is posting it publicly

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...sex traffickers are a concern but

I just can not see a 16 year old leaving - no matter what 'condition' they are in WITHOUT their phone. This generation of kids has ALWAYS had a phone. Their phones are a part of them, integral to their world. Seems strange that, if she left on her own volition, she did it without her phone. IMO

If you research sunrise on Oct 13th 2018, it was dark at the time KG Supposedly went walking at seen by neighbor. The neighbor said he was sitting in his hot tub, there is an anon pic of this neighbors hot tub which is surrounded by trees. With the fact it was dark and view obstructed by trees, this is not a credible sighting. The temp that morning was cold and therefore she would have needed a jacket.
In SM first video she had on white shirt and grayish pants, she also "retraced" those steps same day. Let's also not forget SM kept saying in her videos that she might be "disoriented" and fell and bumped her head. Isnt that a weird thing to say when your young step daughter just went missing without a trace? She also said she drove her car in desert over "boulders" looking for her instead of calling friends, family etc asking if anyone had seen her?
The whole case has been off and inconsistent. Not once has SM/and or dad gone public pleading for her return. If it was my child, people would get get sick of seeing my face!

Someone mentioned the blog BM posted and it sent me down a rabbit hole. BM is VERY clear throughout her social media on what she believes happened and who is involved/culpable. Whole situation is so sad. MOO

Everything about this is setting of alarms! The inconsistent stories, the witnesses well ?????

So supposedly weird behaviour, trouble getting to sleep?

SM sleeps with Karlie in SM's room then Karlie's room?

Then wakes at around 6 am, after supposedly being in such a mental state that evening?

What she was wearing, well first description or later description?

Seeming lack of police interest? Police essentially ignoring BM?

Lack of continued searches etc, what about the supposed foot prints?

Do we have legit confirmation about FBI etc involvement?

I would like to see some out of state authorities and the internal branch that looks for corruption within the police involved.

Why would just suddenly leave the drugs should have worn off by then, so behaviour back to normal and I would imagine that if anything she would too exhausted to be going anywhere.

Like so many here believe, I believe she didn't just leave and that something happened in that house.

HINKY METER VERY HIGH ON THIS ONE. I very much hope I am wrong.

Everything about this is setting of alarms! The inconsistent stories, the witnesses well ?????

Lack of continued searches etc, what about the supposed foot prints?

I agree with all of what you say but the footprints have baffled me as well.

How could they possibly know they're Karlie's footprints? Sounds like complete nonsense to me to point the search in a different direction.

I agree with all of what you say but the footprints have baffled me as well.

How could they possibly know they're Karlie's footprints? Sounds like complete nonsense to me to point the search in a different direction.

Also they didn't want anyone helping with the searches most unusual.

Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Richard Eddy, 78, a retiree who used to work for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s office, lives down the street from the Gusé home.

At daybreak Oct. 13, Eddy was sipping coffee while relaxing in his Jacuzzi, which sits in an enclosed room facing the street.

Eddy said that sometime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m., he saw a tall, slender female with long hair walk by. “She was looking up, looking around at the sky,” he said.

According to the Mono County sheriff’s office, two other witnesses reported seeing Karlie that morning in the vicinity of White Mountain Estates Road and Highway 6.

Karlie took nothing with her when she left home — not even her cellphone or glasses. She was wearing only sneakers, a white T-shirt and gray sweatpants, even though the temperature was in the low 40s.

Something sounds off with the SM but how do we explain the above, do you think maybe something happened at the house after she returned from her walk.

Last edited:
Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Something sounds off with the SM but how do we explain the above, do you think maybe something happened at the house after she returned from her walk.

Is it possible he actually saw the stepmom and not Karlie? tall, slender and long hair is a pretty vague description, it describes probably 40% of the women in the office where I work! I also doubt that the hot tub guy took too much notice of this woman walking by, why would you?

It would certainly give a reason for the changing of clothes that occurred. If stepmom knew that sighting was in fact her she could have changed the description of Karlies clothes she was wearing to match what she had on which creates a sighting of Karlie.

I'm a huge supporter of the police usually but I've no idea what they're playing at in this case. Family member of missing girl can't keep their story straight and acts erratically. That's got to get you pulled in for questioning 999 times out of a 1000.

Is it possible he actually saw the stepmom and not Karlie? tall, slender and long hair is a pretty vague description, it describes probably 40% of the women in the office where I work! I also doubt that the hot tub guy took too much notice of this woman walking by, why would you?

It would certainly give a reason for the changing of clothes that occurred. If stepmom knew that sighting was in fact her she could have changed the description of Karlies clothes she was wearing to match what she had on which creates a sighting of Karlie.

I'm a huge supporter of the police usually but I've no idea what they're playing at in this case. Family member of missing girl can't keep their story straight and acts erratically. That's got to get you pulled in for questioning 999 times out of a 1000.

I think it was probably SM he saw too. She was even seen wearing the white tee shirt and gray sweats that he said the woman was wearing.

I do wonder if the SM has a police connection. Seems so strange that there has been no investigation into the discrepancies. I can’t figure out if ZG knows anything. Seems like he might not. MOO

I think it was probably SM he saw too. She was even seen wearing the white tee shirt and gray sweats that he said the woman was wearing.

I do wonder if the SM has a police connection. Seems so strange that there has been no investigation into the discrepancies. I can’t figure out if ZG knows anything. Seems like he might not. MOO

I'm really not a fan of small police departments dealing with cases like this. Everybody knows everybody else in these tight knit communities and most of the people have probably lived there for their whole life. The potential for conflict of interest is huge and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the investigation hasn't followed normal expected patterns. I should probably be clear I'm not suggesting deliberate wrongdoing but judgement can be clouded when you know the people involved.

Part of my job involves finance and if there's even a remote risk of myself handling a case that may become a conflict of interest then it's given to somebody else. The same needs to happen here for me.

I'd refer the case to a neighbouring police department who aren't afraid to upset the locals and ask the questions that need asking.

I'm really not a fan of small police departments dealing with cases like this. Everybody knows everybody else in these tight knit communities and most of the people have probably lived there for their whole life. The potential for conflict of interest is huge and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the investigation hasn't followed normal expected patterns. I should probably be clear I'm not suggesting deliberate wrongdoing but judgement can be clouded when you know the people involved.

Part of my job involves finance and if there's even a remote risk of myself handling a case that may become a conflict of interest then it's given to somebody else. The same needs to happen here for me.

I'd refer the case to a neighbouring police department who aren't afraid to upset the locals and ask the questions that need asking.

I wonder how you could go about requesting this. The BM appears to be getting shut out from the investigation. I wonder if there is somewhere higher she could go. Poor KG. :(

The FBI has been involved with this investigation from the beginning. I also believe it's been a thorough investigation, and authorities are building their case. They can't move forward with charges without evidence..... Eventually, all those inconsistent statements will be challenged. MOO

Mono County Sheriff's Office added 5 new photos.
October 30 at 4:43 PM ·
It has been over two weeks since 16-year old Karlie Lain Gusé went missing from her home in Chalfant, California, on Saturday, October 13, 2018. Despite a week-long search of the surrounding high desert and a continuing investigation, there is nothing new to report. Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds, dark blond hair and blue eyes. If you have information regarding Karlie’s whereabouts, please call the Mono County Sheriff’s Office at 760-932-7549, option 7, or the National Center for Missing and Endangered Children at 800-843-5678 (800-THE-LOST).

At this time, this remains a Missing Person investigation. There is no evidence of an abduction or any other crime. However, we are considering all possibilities and are investigating every potential aspect in case this becomes a criminal investigation. While we understand the questions many people have, we will not release any details from our investigation unless those details will help locate Karlie.

Due to our remote location and limited resources, we brought in the expertise of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and they continue to assist our investigation. It has been suggested that the Mono County District Attorney’s Office should play a role. Missing Person investigations do not fall under the jurisdiction of the District Attorney, nor does that Office possess resources that have not already been utilized. We have briefed the District Attorney’s Office and will bring them in should the circumstances of the investigation warrant.

This information was also sent in a Press Release format via email to our local and regional media.

By Staff | Posted: Tue 6:38 PM, Oct 30, 2018 |
Updated: Mon 12:36 PM, Nov 05, 2018

BISHOP, Calif. (KOLO) The Mono County Sheriff’s Office continues asking for help tracking down 16-year-old Karlie Lain Guse.

Sheriff Braun continues, "Due to our remote location and limited resources, we brought in the expertise of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and they continue to assist our investigation. It has been suggested that the Mono County District Attorney’s Office should play a role. Missing Person investigations do not fall under the jurisdiction of the District Attorney, nor does that Office possess resources that have not already been utilized. We have briefed the District Attorney’s Office and will bring them in should the circumstances of the investigation warrant."
No sign found of Mono County teen

The DA typically files criminal charges or bringing evidence before the Grand Jury. ... draws up all indictments and prosecutes all indictable offenses. MO

The FBI has been involved with this investigation from the beginning. I also believe it's been a thorough investigation, and authorities are building their case. They can't move forward with charges without evidence..... Eventually, all those inconsistent statements will be challenged. MOO

They can't charge without evidence but they can question and even arrest without charging. What good is it challenging these inconsistent statements eventually? It should have been done months ago.

It just gives the impression that they're sat there waiting for the answers to fall into their lap. Maybe they're near a break through and just playing their cards close to their chest but the impression you get is that after the initial search they aren't doing a thing.

It's blindingly obvious to everyone who the police need to be speaking to so they can try and move forward with this case. Obvious to everyone but the local police department that is, which is truly baffling.

They can't charge without evidence but they can question and even arrest without charging. What good is it challenging these inconsistent statements eventually? It should have been done months ago.

It just gives the impression that they're sat there waiting for the answers to fall into their lap. Maybe they're near a break through and just playing their cards close to their chest but the impression you get is that after the initial search they aren't doing a thing.

It's blindingly obvious to everyone who the police need to be speaking to so they can try and move forward with this case. Obvious to everyone but the local police department that is, which is truly baffling.
How do you know they (SM and ZG) haven’t been questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX