Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, oh. Like I said all the way on thread 3, there might be mushrooms but I was just guessing. This is complete conjecture, based on a solid knowledge of the effects of shrooms, however, blacked out alcohol mixed with psychotropic hallucinogenic and this person is capable of seriously, whatever,
What with the "p"?

It seemed early on there was talk from Mags and SS about the older guys and drugs, then there was a sudden shift away from that discussion. Which might have been to protect the investigation and not scare off the teens who were coming forward.

I wanted to clip the Sun article here to clarify what SS said vs. the tipster’s expanded description. There was a lot of discussion about it in an earlier thread. Basically, the tipster comments were somewhat controversial here.
Yeah, LE likely advised witnesses not to talk to the media about the investigation. That may be why we only heard from a few in the beginning.

I remember that comment now. He wasn't actually there but was repeating what he heard. That was probably what prompted the whole discussion about a possible overdose.

I think by now investors have a pretty good idea what substances were being consumed after interviewing 400 people.

If people were sharing and handing out drugs and LE has identified anyone who supplied them to Kiely or other minors, I can't imagine them not pursuing it. Especially if that's what contributed to the accident.

We've asked many times how Kiely wouldn't have noticed that she'd left the trail, girded by trees, and was driving on the open beach. I've suggested that the combination of no moon, less beach, and possible fog contributed -- but now I'm wondering if maybe Kiely was aware she was on the beach, intended to be on the beach and intended to drive from the beach to home. But in the dark, something went horribly wrong.

JMO

We've asked many times how Kiely wouldn't have noticed that she'd left the trail, girded by trees, and was driving on the open beach. I've suggested that the combination of no moon, less beach, and possible fog contributed -- but now I'm wondering if maybe Kiely was aware she was on the beach, intended to be on the beach and intended to drive from the beach to home. But in the dark, something went horribly wrong.

JMO
I have followed from day one but haven’t commented yet. I didn’t have the best nights sleep and found myself thinking about Kiely and the situation she found herself in a lot.
I increasingly think she was possibly just more drunk than ‘usual’. I think she often drove her friends and possibly often times had one or two to join in but this time she’d had a fair few more than that.
I’m with @Megnut train of thought here.
Kiely was a clever girl by all accounts. I think she knew she was too far gone to drive and was not willing to chance it and so decided it would be nice /peaceful to sleep by the waters edge in the car and so purposely drove herself down there but something went wrong like she over estimated the distance to it and possibly fog / light were factors. Or she hit the wrong pedal trying to manoeuvre the car into a certain position or forgot she was in reverse and pressed accelerate. I’ve hit the car behind doing this once. I was late, lost and frantic for a course I was on and my mind was full of bees.

A malfunction on the car is also possible. With dreadful timing but possible. This will be determinable.

I’m not feeling suicide. Tripping possibly? I can’t say I’ve personally read anything or heard anything about how Kiely felt about drugs but toxicology will tell all on that front.
All MOO.
RIP beautiful lady.

I have followed from day one but haven’t commented yet. I didn’t have the best nights sleep and found myself thinking about Kiely and the situation she found herself in a lot.
I increasingly think she was possibly just more drunk than ‘usual’. I think she often drove her friends and possibly often times had one or two to join in but this time she’d had a fair few more than that.
I’m with @Megnut train of thought here.
Kiely was a clever girl by all accounts. I think she knew she was too far gone to drive and was not willing to chance it and so decided it would be nice /peaceful to sleep by the waters edge in the car and so purposely drove herself down there but something went wrong like she over estimated the distance to it and possibly fog / light were factors. Or she hit the wrong pedal trying to manoeuvre the car into a certain position or forgot she was in reverse and pressed accelerate. I’ve hit the car behind doing this once. I was late, lost and frantic for a course I was on and my mind was full of bees.

A malfunction on the car is also possible. With dreadful timing but possible. This will be determinable.

I’m not feeling suicide. Tripping possibly? I can’t say I’ve personally read anything or heard anything about how Kiely felt about drugs but toxicology will tell all on that front.
All MOO.
RIP beautiful lady.
But how many feet from shore was her car found? Wasn’t it 55 ft or more? Doesn’t that seem like quite a far distance to go in water if she ‘hit the wrong pedal’?

But how many feet from shore was her car found? Wasn’t it 55 ft or more? Doesn’t that seem like quite a far distance to go in water if she ‘hit the wrong pedal’
It does. I hear you. I don’t know the science of what a car would do under water. Would it just sink right where it dropped? Because to me 55ft is also a long way for driving forwards averagely with a steep drop off too.

It's not consistent with the last ping being at water's edge at 12:33 am.

For all I know the cell phone pings are not something that can give an exact location of the phone in question. It can tell you only what was the tower the phone connected to and that gives us certain radius, based on the tower's reach, in which the phone was. It is possible to triangulate the more precise position, if the phone logged to at least three towers in one area, but I haven't heard of that being done in Kiely's case. So what is the source of the "her phone pinged at the edge of the water" info? Because it seems to be erroneous.

From my California raving, multiple party drug taking days, I’m thinking:

SS said that Kiely planned on getting “effed up” that night, which to me suggests much more than alcohol. She was likely open to taking a good amount of two or more substances, and still planned on driving home carefully.

I drove our party group home on ecstasy and lsd many many times (thankfully no one was hurt during those years of poor judgment). Those drugs (compared to others or alcohol) allowed me a certain mental clarity to drive relatively confidently, often an hour or more through socal freeways. Also, this would be when coming down from the peak high after six or more hours.

Mushrooms though. I’ve taken many times and it’s very easy to get too much psilocybin and have a seriously mind altering experience. Where you are swept into a four or six hour mind warp. your sense of time and place and vision and grasp on reality is seriously distorted or obliterated.

These are little dried mushrooms or pieces of dried mushrooms, and you can eat two or three and have a nice buzzy effect. or you can eat two or three or four and be completely knocked on your rear, talking to the bushes for three hours.

I would not be surprised if she munched down some mushrooms and with her head and vision swirling like a kaleidoscope drove the wrong way. She likely was determined to drive home and would have tried to fight through such a mind altering trip. And during the peak effects of the trip right after midnight.

SS even mentioned that Kiely was not in the “right mindset” to drive, that in no way would have been able to drive out of there. That’s not cocaine or weed, and doesn’t sound like alcohol-drunk either. Sounds like mushrooms to me. imo
This makes a lot of sense and I could see that happening to Kiely - but while being so messed on mushrooms would you have the insight to remember that you were supposed to drive your friend home & give that friend a call? Although I guess when SS talked about that last call from Kiely she did mention that she had already told Kiely that she didn’t need a ride.

It's been said that the water level was higher when she went in,estimated around 25ft closer to shore than at the time she was found.
Right. In the earlier threads, @otto said if the gas pedal was pushed upon entry, her vehicle wouldn't have made it so far out. For her car to make it to the 80 feet resting spot (55 feet on discovery cause of water levels) it would've been a slow submersion. Can you confirm @otto ?

I'm of the opinion that she was drunk and smoked weed. The mix of those two can knock you on your keister. Sometimes it can matter the order of ingestion. IMO

But how many feet from shore was her car found? Wasn’t it 55 ft or more? Doesn’t that seem like quite a far distance to go in water if she ‘hit the wrong pedal’?
Technically, from what LE has told the public, KR's car might have been 75-80 (55+20 or 25) feet from the shoreline on 8/6. The lake's water level dropped 3.5-4 feet between 8/6 and 8/21 (it feeds Truckee River.) And that corresponds to the water being 20-25 feet higher up the beach. So that means the water was much closer to that 'road' near the Sanctuary. It also means the car went out / drifted out further than 55 feet.

For all I know the cell phone pings are not something that can give an exact location of the phone in question. It can tell you only what was the tower the phone connected to and that gives us certain radius, based on the tower's reach, in which the phone was. It is possible to triangulate the more precise position, if the phone logged to at least three towers in one area, but I haven't heard of that being done in Kiely's case. So what is the source of the "her phone pinged at the edge of the water" info? Because it seems to be erroneous.
I don't think LE said the ping was at the edge of the water. In the last Press Conference they said the location could be just as much on land.

LE also said there could have been more pings after the "last" ping that they are not aware of due to lost data.

I do think it's possible that was the last ping, since the phone call to SS coincides with the time she would have left. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge