GUILTY CA - Kristen Marti, 26, San Luis Obispo, 9 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

The pic released by le is quite different than the pics on her fb.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I see now..that is relevant..maybe I jumped in to quick if you know what I mean :)

I cant say for sure however the hotels in the area are known for both prostitution and drugs.

I will wait for the formalities....very sad....

Just saw the news that a body has been found. :( I was so hoping she'd be found alive.

Mom spoke to media yesterday in this article. She was on scene for the search. I expect we will hear a formal announcement shortly.
http://www.ksby.com/story/37805411/investigators-search-prefumo-canyon-for-missing-slo-woman

Sorry, having a hard time copy and pasting articles today.

Good thoughts for mum and other loved ones....a horrible, horrible scenario...don't even wanna go there in my mind. So beautiful that volunteers helped searching for her amongst the formal people.

Authorities found a body while they were searching for Kristen Marti in Prefumo Canyon on Sunday, but it's not clear if the body was Marti or someone else, the San Luis Obispo Police Department said.

A search-and-rescue team found an apparently female body in the creek near the road in Prefumo Canyon, police said, and the Sheriff's Office Dive Team and coroner's investigators were called to the scene to help recover the body.

An autopsy will be performed to identify the body and determine the cause of death, according to a news release.

Specifically...
Authorities said she was last seen Jan. 9, sitting with an adult man in a parked, maroon-colored sedan in the 1800 block of Prefumo Canyon Road.

Detectives have identified a person of interest in the case: a man believed to be the last person seen with Marti before she disappeared, police said. Officials said they are not currently releasing his identity due to the ongoing investigation.

Heavy.com article:
Kristen Marti: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/kristen-marti-murder-suspect/
The three-month-long search for a missing California woman came to a tragic end on the morning of March 25. Kristen Marti’s body was found by authorities after a lengthy search of Prefumo Canyon, about seven miles west of San Luis Obispo. Her January 9 disappearance is now considered a murder investigation. Police said in a statement after Marti’s, 26, body was found, “Based on the circumstances surrounding this investigation, it is being investigated as a homicide at this time.” Marti’s cause of death has not been made public.
[...]
https://youtu.be/YFyXVdoMFxI

she is very tall for a woman, so it is probably apparent to them who it is. they just don't want to say until they are sure. poor woman and comfort to her family :( I hope they get evidence on the guy in the maroon car.

Any thoughts on why it took them this long to search the area if they had a pretty good idea she was there in the general vicinity? Maybe it just took them a while to develop the lead...? Poor girl [emoji20] From living in SB for some time murders in that general area are quite rare, at least from what I remember. Her poor mama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you fly with the angels.

Shouldn't the thread name be changed to found deceased?

Officials havent confirmed it is her yet. Im surprised we didnt hear yesterday. I am watching closely for a PR

On San Luis Obispo FB page -
Updated PR

***Update***MEDIA RELEASE***

WHAT: Search for Missing Person Kristen Marti

WHERE: Prefumo Canyon, San Luis Obispo County

WHEN: Wednesday March 28, 2018

DEPARTMENT CONTACT: Captain Chris Staley 805-781-7142

UPDATE

On Wednesday March 28, 2018, the San Luis Obispo County Coroner’s Office conducted an autopsy on the body located in Prefumo Canyon on Sunday. Due to condition of the body, identification and cause of death have not been made at this time. No additional information is being released at this time pending analysis of forensic evidence collected.

Initial information about a maroon sedan on Prefumo Canyon has been investigated and is no longer of interest in this case.
Detectives have identified a mid-90’s red, Chevy S-10 Blazer as a vehicle of interest in this case. We are asking for the public’s help. If you have any information about this vehicle on January 9th, 2018, in the evening hours in or around Prefumo Canyon, you are asked to call the San Luis Obispo Police Department, 805-781-7312.

Coroner unable to identify body found in missing SLO woman case
https://calcoastnews.com/2018/03/coroner-unable-identify-body-found-missing-slo-woman-case/
An autopsy conducted Wednesday by the San Luis Obispo County Coroner’s Office failed to identify the body officers found while searching Perfumo Canyon on Sunday for a woman who has been missing since January. [Cal Coast Times]

[...]

San Luis Obispo police say officials have been unable to identify the deceased person found in Perfumo Canyon due to the condition of the body. The SLO County Sheriff’s Office has not released any information on the case.

Last year, the sheriff’s office hired a full-time forensic pathologist, Joye Carter, who heads the coroner’s unit. Carter replaced former SLO County medical examiner Gary Walter, who came under scrutiny for a DUI conviction and questionable rulings on causes of death.

[...]

What about dental records or DNA? Both would require assistance from family. I'm hoping they can get a definite identity. So very sad.

I cant say for sure however the hotels in the area are known for both prostitution and drugs.

The hotel I work in has an extra 275 hold put on the guests card if they are a local and a local is considered anyone within 50 miles of the hotel. We also do not accept cash. This cuts down on extra circular activities.

I can't say how I know but they are gathering evidence and have searched at least one person of interests home in this case. When LE releases the information or if they arrest this person, I'll share what I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back