Identified! CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson

I may have missed it, but did the girl in the tape actually state that her real name was Sherry Cooper? Or did she admit to being "Simi Valley Sherry"?

The title of the video indicates "Simi Valley Sherry", and the interviewer refers to them as "Sherry and Danny DiCarlo". In a different YouTube video of different segments of the same TV program, he refers to her as "Simi Valley Sherry". But I don't think she ever refers to herself by name. She does appear to be the same person as in B&W mugshot of "Sherry Cooper", although she is clearly a few years older in the video and her face is a little more filled out.

The even bigger question would be did Bugliosi ever ask her about the unidentified murder victim?

Did he ever ask ANY of the Manson family members who she was or who killed her?

I've been wondering that as well.

I wonder what she is up to now. I am wondering that given her snarky comment about:
"We've been through a couple of experiences since then that ... we're not going to talk about. I mean, you do something and you do it - and it's done - what can you do? It's done. - You going to snivel about it for another five years? - What can you say? - I'm sorry (laughing) - Big deal."​

The operative words there are "since then" ("then" meaning the arrest of Manson, Atkins, Watson, Krenwinkel, and VanHouten). Sherry Doe was murdered after the arrest of those five. It makes me wonder if she was involved in Sherry Doe's murder.

Very creepy.

is claude leigh smith's mugshot on charliemanson.com the only picture we have? i wish we could see her features better (and in particuler her ears) to compare her with sherry doe's picture on the link tierneysain sent. do you think LE are still in possession of the original mugshot? they probably are, right? and they probably also have other info such as height, weight, etc. that could be compared to sherry doe's.

i can see some resemblance in her general features but it's quite hard to say because of the mugshot quality. sometimes i just don't know anymore whether i'm seeing things or imagining them in the pictures...

is claude leigh smith's mugshot on charliemanson.com the only picture we have? i wish we could see her features better (and in particuler her ears) to compare her with sherry doe's picture on the link tierneysain sent. do you think LE are still in possession of the original mugshot? they probably are, right? and they probably also have other info such as height, weight, etc. that could be compared to sherry doe's.

i can see some resemblance in her general features but it's quite hard to say because of the mugshot quality. sometimes i just don't know anymore whether i'm seeing things or imagining them in the pictures...

I'm not really seeing it -- her chin and nose look different to me, but the photo is really dark, it's hard to tell.
collie2.jpg

Another website had photos of the area where Sherry Doe was found --
aaajanedoesmuholland.jpg

aaajanedoe3.jpg

http://www.eviliz.com/2011/08/jane-doe-59-case-file-358ufca.html

Oh, I've wanted this poor girl's murder solved for years now. I go back and forth on my thoughts that she's a Manson family victim. Charlie tended to like keep mostly shorter girls and even seemed to like smaller guys around him. 5'9.5" is tall for a girl. There were a lot of killers besides the Manson family back then. They just got the most attention. I feel the cop on the case is right since he would know it best and not to assume they are responsible. If they are though I hope they apply the harshest punishment they can to who did it.
Simmi Valley Sherri's quote meant that she and Danny had been committing some kind of scam in Canada where they would rip off stores. I don't believe they were ever charged for it. They married, had a child that was killed by a drunk driver and divorced. Its obvious they are drinking during that interview. I can't believe the disgusting way she talks about Shorty Shea.
BTW Tex Watson the "changed man" and "born again christian" won't admit to killing Shea even though Grogan and Davis say that Tex was the main killer of Shea. Davis also says Bill Vance was there ( an ex-con friend of Charlies) and Larry Bailey (who took part in the Hawthorne Gun robbery shoot out with the police and then after he was paroled went on to help other inmates escape from prison. He actually pulled up to an unsuspecting officer trying to apprehend one of the escaped inmates rolled down his car window and pulled out a gun and fired at the officer so the inmate could get away) If Tex is really remorseful he would include Shea and Sharon's unborn baby in his victim count. I bet my bottom dollar there is nothing on the tapes that will clear anything up. He wouldn't even admit to killing Sharon, her baby, or carving War on Leno LaBianca for years. He let Susan and Pat take the blame for that. He still won't admit to killing Shorty Shea. IMO Tex was always looking out for himself so I refuse to get my hopes up that he admitted anything on the tapes.
Barbara Hoyt and Bo Rosenberg are two different girls. He is a page with pictures of Hoyt http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/barbara-hoyt and heres some of BO http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/barbara-hoyt Heres another one of Bo I found she is in the second photo down. She is the girl with long dark wavy hair on the right.http://www.eviliz.com/2012/01/court-photos.html Please be careful of the tumblr site. It seems to be pro Charlie and that he's the victim in all this. Also, some insensitive people post crime scene photos of Sharon and Abigail. It did have a lot of photos I don't remember ever seeing and it is interesting/amusing to see them list their points.
I'm sorry I didn't use quotes. I'm a dope when it come to posting messages. I can post a link to a picture. I respect you all thank you for all the hard work everyone does and I'm sure some of you already knew all this about the Family but I truly have OCD and I have to point it out. Plus I don't think the two Barbara's like being thought of as the same people. BTW that you to whoever posted the link to the heights. Charlie 5'7"???? I haven't laughed like that is months. I can't believe the police let that slide.
I pray this beautiful young woman who's life was stolen from her gets identified and justice.

I'm so sorry i'm making a double post but something just came to me on weather the Manson group murdered Sherry doe. Those bunch of nuts loved to brag about the murders and other crimes they did do. Susan wan't the only snitch. They all loved to talk tough and brag about breaking the law. The got off on talking about because it makes them feel big and bad and also special that Charlie picked them and now they share something special with him and each other. The others get to be chosen and told about it. The other are just able to overhear some of the talk.I'd bet these people wouldn't have been able to keep their mouths shut if a genie came out of a magic bottle and said he'd make Charlie's a musical sensation, show them that magic hole in the Death Valley, and an endless supply of marijuana and acid. They still wouldn't be able to resit that they did the murders. I believe that if they murdered Sherry doe they wouldn't have been able to resit to tell Charlie and the other top ranking popular members of the family and the story would travel to the other lower members. I think if they murdered Sherry doe someone would've told. The Manson family has loose lips.
Does anyone know if there are there were any other killers or serial killers in that area during the time? This girl deserves justice. Someone is missing a daughter, sister, aunt...etc. One of worst feelings in the world is when a loved one goes missing. My brother once went missing when a woman he thought loved him like he love her dumped him. Thankfully I got him back before he could hurt himself or had someone hurt him. I'll never forget that feeling of dread in my stomach and panic in my body not knowing where he was or if he was even alive or dead. No family or friend should ever have to go through that. Sherry doe needs to get home to her family.
Just once again I'd like to apologize for leaving two posts. I couldn't edit my first one anymore and got so sidetracked trying to find a close up picture of Bo Rosenberg. I know I saw one before on the blog LSB83.com but I couldn't find it before. Its was a group shot and the blog owner had people guess who was who in the picture. I would not stop looking. Having OCD can really suck. Like when you become obsessed about finding a picture I know I saw in the recent past and I'm compelled to keep looking. O.K I know I was being dramatic there and if anyone suffers from OCD too I apologize for making light of it. I know how bad the O and the C can really get.
I don't post much because I'm very shy and also have panic attacks and generalized anxiety disorder in addition to OCD. I do think of all you at Websleuths friends and care. I pray for members when I read they need prayers in the parking lot forum. I just get to shy and nervous to post anything. I always feel I'll sound stupid. You all are just so good to WS usually has the latest scoop on a case before the reporters and sometimes accurately figure out what happened or who did it before LE does.I can even remember a member matching a missing case to a body. You all rock and I'm proud to be a shy member here. Justice for Sherry Doe and all the other missing, murdered, and all the cold cases!

I wonder if LE looked into women associated with the family who had names/nicknames that are similar to Sherry/Sherri like Sharon, Sharlyn, Terri, Charee, etc? Then again, I knew someone whose actual name was Luis, yet for some reason I thought his name was Miguel for a really long time, so maybe Ruby Pearl was mistaken when she said that she thought her name was Sherry.

I posted this link to the main Manson section of the forums, but I thought I'd put it here too. I found a website that is still updated that has recent whereabouts for known 'family' members with photos and all. It's like a high school reunion for the Manson family. Figured it would come in handy when cross referencing the UID with old 'family' photos since if they're still alive, they can't be a UID.

http://www.mansonblog.com/

I want to see this thread live on until her identity is resolved. However, if you look I'm Wikipedia for unidentified murder victims, you will see "Sherry' Doe, among so many others. It makes no sense that so many victims remain unidentified, but many do get resolved years later. I'm hoping that's what is in store for this girl.

I've been haunted by this since I read Helter Skelter in 1988.

This is my first post in Webseuths.

:wagon:

Welcome, whiskers

All of this is haunting & quite a puzzle to sort out. Even with a program you can't tell the players. To my mind, the stabbing death of the UID sounds like the MO of the the insane, frenzied 'Tex.' may he someday rot in hell.

One of my cousins was friends with a girl whose mother fell in with the Manson Family (keep in mind this is 3rd hand info I am sharing here.) The story goes that this girl's mother was Argentinian & good looking, with very religious parents so she "fell away" from her family & took up with them. With that in mind, there is a chance that this Doe could be from a foreign country & her family has no idea what happened to her. Keep in mind in that era it took weeks for mail to go from nation to nation & even phone service or telegrams were not available everywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back