Identified! CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson

One of my cousins was friends with a girl whose mother fell in with the Manson Family (keep in mind this is 3rd hand info I am sharing here.) The story goes that this girl's mother was Argentinian & good looking, with very religious parents so she "fell away" from her family & took up with them. With that in mind, there is a chance that this Doe could be from a foreign country & her family has no idea what happened to her. Keep in mind in that era it took weeks for mail to go from nation to nation & even phone service or telegrams were not available everywhere.

SMALL WORLD MY COUSIN (DISTANT) was James Sharp from Crestwood Mo, my mother and grandparents are also Sharps, I know very little about what happened and my 3rd hand info was James was pretty much written off by Family as he was always in trouble so no one really claimed him.

I really want to know who this turned out to be!!! I was just reading about this case yesterday on here and saw that her Namus was giving me an error or not pulling up (as someone else posted) so I hoped that meant she had been identified!

Has anyone found anything regarding the identification yet? Is there anyone we can contact to give us information or do you think we will never publicly know? I am very anxious to hear since I do read up about the Manson Family murders ...

I emailed NamUS just to verify it was identified and here is the email I received back:

Hi there,

Yes, this case has been identified and archived from NamUs. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to provide any additional details on the identification at this time as NamUs is not the investigative agency. Thank you for your email!

Dustin Driscoll
Regional System Administrator - AZ, CA, HI, NV
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Doe Network identifies her as "Barbara Martin"

"Artistic rendering and sketches of the victim (Barbara Martin); Victim's jewelry and clothing"

Actually, I think Barbara Martin is the artist that did the reconstruction/drawing.

This story is about a Barbara Martin Bailey (perhaps she got married?) that does forensic reconstructions.

Forensic artist helping to name the nameless
The Oakland Press
Pontiac, MI
8/7/2010
It took decades for Martin Bailey to achieve her goal of becoming a forensic scientist with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, but her persistence paid off in the end. After 23 years of working at the Sheriff's Office as "a clerk who drew well," Martin Bailey was offered the opportunity to sell the position to Sheriff Mike Bouchard in 2004.

"I had put through a slew of memos every year for why we needed a forensic art position," Martin Bailey said. "Everyone looked at it as a luxury position. In 2004, I was given the opportunity to go across the street to sell the position, and I did."

This Jane Doe is mentioned in the article and DoeNet lists her name as "Barbara A Martin" and the pic actually looks kind of similar to this JD's reconstruction.

The Doe Network: Case File 294UFMI
Left: Sketch of Victim by Barbara A. Martin
294UFMI.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member