Found Deceased CA - Lisa Harvey, 51, Tulare, 29 April 2017

I spoke with the sister this evening. They chartered a plane yesterday and they did not find her car. I should be in contact with the sister again this weekend. Hoping for some resolution.

Thank you for that update, hurricane_amy. Did they fly over Palmdale or Tulare?

Facebook may have where she last was. Facebook keeps a whole lot of information on every user

Update from family: Lisa Harvey was given incorrect directions! When asking for directions to Lake Isabella the gentleman mistakenly thought she was talking about Lake Elizabeth which was closer. Based on the information she was given we will be looking for her in the morning on that route and areas moving out from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! I hope you find her today. She must be lost and terrified.

Update from family: Lisa Harvey was given incorrect directions! When asking for directions to Lake Isabella the gentleman mistakenly thought she was talking about Lake Elizabeth which was closer. Based on the information she was given we will be looking for her in the morning on that route and areas moving out from there!

I'm so glad you figured that out!

fd56841a906d0e121e9d60975b3d78e2.jpg

Any updates on this case?

I hope they found her today. She must have had an accident. :(

We have several worrisome data points. It was posted "she was in no condition to drive". Now we learn she was given incorrect driving instructions. I will also very respectfully point out this is a woman in her 50's who is carrying a significant amount of extra weight. I respectfully point that out to emphasize should could have had a medical episode in addition to an accident. (And/or).

I agree it is imperative that this woman be found right away. TRUCKERS are your best bet here. Get to one of the truck stops and ask for help. They are good people and will get the word out. It's highly likely one of them spotted her car, or will.

We have several worrisome data points. It was posted "she was in no condition to drive". Now we learn she was given incorrect driving instructions. I will also very respectfully point out this is a woman in her 50's who is carrying a significant amount of extra weight. I respectfully point that out to emphasize should could have had a medical episode in addition to an accident. (And/or).

I agree it is imperative that this woman be found right away. TRUCKERS are your best bet here. Get to one of the truck stops and ask for help. They are good people and will get the word out. It's highly likely one of them spotted her car, or will.
As an almost 50 yr old woman who has had a few episodes of major stress in the past yr. I agree with you!
If I had been on the road it would not have ended well.

MOO

They have started a FB page, Help being Lisa Harvey home, https://www.facebook.com/groups/652395934958859/permalink/652761028255683/

It gives a ton of information! No luck with searches yesterday though :(. It does give area already searched.

And to comment on trucker post above, I agree and suggested that early on to the family. I'm not familiar with CA and how many truck stops are there so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. Where I'm at there are truck stops everywhere.

The family should adk LE about the cell phone pings. It is my understanding they do *not* indicate that was exactly where she was. Itnis mynunderstanding that these cell towers "load balance", and the transmission goes to the tower that is least "busy" within a specific sector. As a laymen, thats thebonly way i know how to describe it. The point being she could have "pinged" at a tower but have been quite aways away from it.

Im quite concerned about the road people are mentioning "where the teenagers wrecked". That would be the first placebi would go check off my list.

I think she ignored the gas station attendant's directions, knowing he was saying Lake Elizabeth. She thought she was in Tulare, and she said she was heading south to the 178.

I think she took the 138 south, and maybe either turned on to the 173 or kept going until 138 ended, and got on the 18. At any point along the way she may have run out of gas, and is walking, but it's so cold at night....... If she was on the 18 and disoriented, panicked.... that road would be dangerous heading south at night, alone, lost.

How far her car can drive on a full tank depends on if it was a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder. Gas tank size?
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Toyota2000.shtml

How far her car can drive on a full tank depends on if it was a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder. Gas tank size?
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Toyota2000.shtml

SBM
My mom had a Toyota Solara, not sure if it was 4 or 6 cylinder, just going by my memory, it was probably a 20-22 gallon tank, judging by the cost to fill up & on a road trip we took in mom's car, we went to our destination & back home, close to 440+/- a few miles, before having to fill up again.

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

I'm really worried about this gal. Unless she has a history of disappearing for a couple days I think we must assume she has been injured. The fastest way to find her is with a DRONE. If the local LE doesn't have access to this technology, there are several volunteer search and rescue organizations that might, or one of the drone manufacturers themselves. If my loved one were in a situation like this, that is what I would do. Obviously they can cover alot of territory quickly. DRONE.

This search and rescue might be a good place to start if you haven't already contacted them:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Kern-Valley-Search-and-Rescue-200272214880/about/?ref=page_internal

The problem is, where should they fly the drone? She could have gone three different directions, IMO.

Best bet is to get the phone ping history from her carrier and follow the trail to determine which way she was headed.

Did anyone check the park n ride parking lot in Palmdale to see if her car is there?

Was there any clarification as to why the friend thought she was unfit to drive? I guess it's assumed that meant she had been drinking, but it could mean she was too tired, had taken medication, etc? Just wondering if it's been stated.

I wonder if she had a car accident? Has anyone gone out to search?

Her family has walked every freeway they can think of, hired a private pilot to air search, they have the police involved and everything. They have used every resource they can find

Dang it, she must have gone off the road.
Encourage hikers, people with dogs, and horse back riders to help search.
And drones!

Praying like crazy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member