CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 20-30, UP4456, drug overdose, maybe name 'Patty', Dec'75

Very true. If she was reported missing by a family member they likely would have known about any scars. I guess it depends how observant they are. I have a scar on the back of my leg where I got bit by a dog when I was little...it's not a huge scar, and my husband never noticed it until we had been married for about 6 years. And he's a cop. Definitely not a very observant one! I guess only time will tell if this is our JD or not.

According to their wiki, Patricia Spencer had one known scar on her leg,, though it doesn’t state which leg or where:
She had at least one known scar, due to a dog attack on one of her legs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Patricia_Spencer_and_Pamela_Hobley

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that everyone (meaning adults and older teens) is abducted and murdered just because they disappear and aren't found for a long time. Believe it or not, some do voluntarily leave, even if they were close to their families, and then due to unfortunate circumstances, meet their fate down the road and it's not directly related to their disappearances. Every case is different.

According to their wiki, Patricia Spencer had one known scar on her leg,, though it doesn’t state which leg or where:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Patricia_Spencer_and_Pamela_Hobley

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that everyone (meaning adults and older teens) is abducted and murdered just because they disappear and aren't found for a long time. Believe it or not, some do voluntarily leave, even if they were close to their families, and then due to unfortunate circumstances, meet their fate down the road and it's not directly related to their disappearances. Every case is different.

Me neither as a rule but voluntarily just leaving seems unlikley IMO as these two werent friends tso I cant see how they would run off together for a new life else where. Plus both girls had concrete plans for the short term future. There are no reports of nasty fights with family members before hand. I dont think these 2 intended to away for than a few hours or a day at the most.

But Alleyskins, I take your point about Pat.Spencer being a possiblity for this UID. The height hair eye colour and age ( given it was 6 years) later are a good match. But this UID only has fingerprints available ( not even a sketch of her face or DNA) where as Patricia Spencer doesnt have fingerprints or dental records available .
Idenfication would need to be by DNA. So does this mean, it cant be called in?

But Alleyskins, I take your point about Pat.Spencer being a possiblity for this UID. The height hair eye colour and age ( given it was 6 years) later are a good match. But this UID only has fingerprints available ( not even a sketch of her face or DNA) where as Patricia Spencer doesnt have fingerprints or dental records available .
Idenfication would need to be by DNA. So does this mean, it cant be called in?

I sent it in to NamUs anyway. There's probably not much that can be done to make a match, unless they are willing to exhume the body to get a sample. Unfortunately, I've heard that a lot of the older remains in CA were cremated. The good news is the Griffith Park Jane Doe (found in CA in 1968) was recently ID'd without DNA because the powers that be accepted the family members description of a facial scar on the JD that had been documented in the autopsy report but not released to the public. Also, in some cases, LA examiners will accept smiling pictures (and talking videos if a more recent case). So, hopefully, something like this could possibly happen, if they have a picture of the Jane Doe somewhere.
It's possible she was ruled out a long time ago and just hasn't been updated in NamUs.

I would hazard a guess that this UID could have been a very light skinned South America woman. Possibly the police report would shed light on this (whether "Patty" was an English as a second language speaker.)

I have to say though that Pamela Hobley did NOT look 15. At least in the wiki link.
So if she was found at a later date, deceased somewhere, they may have incorrectly dated her possible age.
JMOO But In that wiki picture she looks closer to 20.
Patricia looks her age imho.
Maybe if we find a similar UID found in the area this UID was found in, during the years between, possibly those two cases can be closed.
I get the feeling they just wanted to get away and hitchhiked. At that age, kids meet each other and overnight they are best friends. So, in their case I don't find the fact that they weren't friends being significant. JMOO though.

I do think the description of this UID does fit Patricia Spencer.
It's totally possible that once they got to Cali they went separate ways. Never to see each other again. Back then hitchhiking was very common practice. So I can see a possibility.

I sent it in to NamUs anyway. There's probably not much that can be done to make a match, unless they are willing to exhume the body to get a sample. Unfortunately, I've heard that a lot of the older remains in CA were cremated. The good news is the Griffith Park Jane Doe (found in CA in 1968) was recently ID'd without DNA because the powers that be accepted the family members description of a facial scar on the JD that had been documented in the autopsy report but not released to the public. Also, in some cases, LA examiners will accept smiling pictures (and talking videos if a more recent case). So, hopefully, something like this could possibly happen, if they have a picture of the Jane Doe somewhere.
It's possible she was ruled out a long time ago and just hasn't been updated in NamUs.

Good I am glad you have sent into Namus... .and just maybe there could be away to compare these two and knows? It would be great if it was match for the family.
But I just had another thought, what if UID's name wasnt Patty but Patty was the name of some special one to her, and she was using the name. I only wondered this because I dont think it is very common to have a tattoo of your own name and less common to do so in 1975? What do others think?

I

Good I am glad you have sent into Namus... .and just maybe there could be away to compare these two and knows? It would be great if it was match for the family.
But I just had another thought, what if UID's name wasnt Patty but Patty was the name of some special one to her, and she was using the name. I only wondered this because I dont think it is very common to have a tattoo of your own name and less common to do so in 1975? What do others think?

I
Very good point. I wonder if it was a loved one that passed away maybe?
Did women tend to get tattoos of deceased loved ones back then? I can see maybe a guy getting one of a girlfriend or wife or mother. But a female I'm not so sure. Hmm! Valid point!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the tatts looked professionally done or not too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Even if nothing else comes from the submission to NamUs, maybe investigators will be able to find a picture (or pictures) of this Jane Doe in a case file somewhere and post them.

It seems odd that there isn't at least a sketch of her...I can understand if they only have crime scene or autopsy photos but you'd think they would have released something to the public to aid in identifying her.

It seems odd that there isn't at least a sketch of her...I can understand if they only have crime scene or autopsy photos but you'd think they would have released something to the public to aid in identifying her.

I agree.

Very true. If she was reported missing by a family member they likely would have known about any scars. I guess it depends how observant they are. I have a scar on the back of my leg where I got bit by a dog when I was little...it's not a huge scar, and my husband never noticed it until we had been married for about 6 years. And he's a cop. Definitely not a very observant one! I guess only time will tell if this is our JD or not.

Indeed, not mentioning a scar in a mp profile does not mean there isn't any. Ask your loved ones "if I was to go missing, what would you tell about my bodyfeatures?" and there is often something missing or not known/observed... But you have to go on something for making a rough first rule out...

I tried to find some kind of sketch or picture but I could come up with something yet....a lot of pictures, reconstructions of Jane Does Los Angeles County, but she is not even mentioned anywere in this listings.....

I

The same thing I thought Patty being a daughter or a lost dear friend...could also be a "pet-name" for a male, like Patricio

As I suspected, there is little NamUs can do to compare Patricia Spencer with this UP because of the limited identifiers, however, he said he would pass this along to the ME to look into to see if they could one and the same.
What I'm hoping is that by showing interest in this Jane Doe case, the ME or investigators will be inspired to either post the pm picture on line (if they still have one after 40 years) or get a reconstruction done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back