CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 20-30, UP4456, drug overdose, maybe name 'Patty', Dec'75

As I suspected, there is little NamUs can do to compare Patricia Spencer with this UP because of the limited identifiers, however, he said he would pass this along to the ME to look into to see if they could one and the same.
What I'm hoping is that by showing interest in this Jane Doe case, the ME or investigators will be inspired to either post the pm picture on line (if they still have one after 40 years) or get a reconstruction done.

Well done....by "pushing this case up up" they may consider now to publish the PM pictures (if there are any). I hope that they will do that....

I hope they do find the pictures of her and release them. I wonder if her death being so close to Christmas day has anything to with the lack of information about her?

I am still wondering about the tattoo on her left inner forearm "Patty" In my opinion, I wonder if patty is a name of a sister or aunty or other relative, but not her mother or grandma. I think if it was her mum or grandma it would have been other words indicating it was her mother or grandma. I wonder if she went missing much earlier than 1975?

I wonder what kind of drugs she took? They don't mention needle scars do they?

No they dont.....this case is nagging at me, I cant work out why..... but I wonder if her family reported her missing at all? Maybe she left home and the family didnt know where she had gone but never thought she was dead. This young woman has been dead for 41 years and no one has claimed her as their own. This makes me very sad.

No they dont.....this case is nagging at me, I cant work out why..... but I wonder if her family reported her missing at all? Maybe she left home and the family didnt know where she had gone but never thought she was dead. This young woman has been dead for 41 years and no one has claimed her as their own. This makes me very sad.

Me too, because in all the 41 years nobody bothered to even make a drawing of her so there would be a chance of identifiying her (I wonder if there are morque pics at all)

Remember in this era tats were something only "low class" people & sailors favored. I'm generalizing but you get the idea. The UID either came from a messed up background or was a foreigner, is my guess.

Indeed strange there is no picture, reconstruction, I searched for it but could not find anything....I guess UID by drug overdose is not important.... Makes me sad....so sad...it looks like nobody cared at all (but I could be totaly wrong....)

We can send an email for a facial reconstruction or even a photo postmortem! ;)

Remember in this era tats were something only "low class" people & sailors favored. I'm generalizing but you get the idea. The UID either came from a messed up background or was a foreigner, is my guess.

Off course and a lot of people still think that today, but they had soooo many time to reconsider and to put the wrong right.... maybe she was just a runnaway (could indeed be because of a messed up background) and met the wrong crowd..or somebody put something in her drink.....I wonder who was "the friend", from what scene....it's odd that the only thing this "friend" knew was her (probably not her even her real) name. Not wat she used that night, not where she came from, what she liked/disliked, the normal things people talk about when they meet, who she was hanging out with...or maybe LE knows...there is so little information..

We can send an email for a facial reconstruction or even a photo postmortem! ;)

How is this done?? I would like to think that there would be at least a postmortem photo that could scanned and emailed.

Off course and a lot of people still think that today, but they had soooo many time to reconsider and to put the wrong right.... maybe she was just a runnaway (could indeed be because of a messed up background) and met the wrong crowd..or somebody put something in her drink.....I wonder who was "the friend", from what scene....it's odd that the only thing this "friend" knew was her (probably not her even her real) name. Not wat she used that night, not where she came from, what she liked/disliked, the normal things people talk about when they meet, who she was hanging out with...or maybe LE knows...there is so little information..
It bothers me that there is so little information about this young woman. This UID lived somewhere why wasnt she reported missing? I too wonder about the "friend" who had known her for 6 months but didnt know more than her name? Nothing? Not where she had been working, not where she came from? Not what area she lived in? Really?

Still thinking about the huera tattoo...It's probably guera (sounding like huera) in Spanish and mostly used in Mexico. But if you where Spanisch speaking would you spell it wrong and having it wrong spelled on your body for the rest of your life?

Here some quotes from a forum, talking about this word. (some of the members are from Mexico)

http://forum.wordreference.com/threads/güerita.6287/

While it may be used of someone with blond hair, in practice, any woman who is not dark-skinned may find herself called güera in Mexico. So it can actually mean anything from blonde to "not black-haired" to a light-skinned morena.

Anyone of darker skin can address any of lighter skin güero. The really dark mexicans call just about anyone güero,

This is very interesting. When I was in México many people called me "Güerita" and I am not blonde. OK, OK, I admit, I am of a fair complexion (not in the British sense)
clear.png
clear.png
However, I do have dark hair and dark eyes.

In Costa Rica, they say " macha/o" or " machita/o" meaning blonde.

i know that in Mexico a guerita is a blonde haired person as is giri in Spain

I also means 'empty'...................hmmmm

Other suggestions?

Today I did send an email to ms. Willie and the coroner office (D. Machican) with some questions. I hope they have time to answer them. If you are interested I could sent you the mail by PM.

Regarding my impression of how the word "guera" is used in Mexican culture- it generically refers to a lighter complected woman. I've heard it used to refer to non-Latin "white" women even though "gabacha" is a more common term for non-Latin white woman.

My impression of the tat is the UID was familiar with Latinos who supplied her with drugs & the tat refers to her affectionate nickname.

Regarding my impression of how the word "guera" is used in Mexican culture- it generically refers to a lighter complected woman. I've heard it used to refer to non-Latin "white" women even though "gabacha" is a more common term for non-Latin white woman.

My impression of the tat is the UID was familiar with Latinos who supplied her with drugs & the tat refers to her affectionate nickname.

Yes, I think so too, it was some kind of nickname...thank you for this post...still this thing with spelling huera (sounding like guera) I think because it's spelled wrong she didn't speak native Spanish.....or she just was headstrong/rebellious?

Tried to find something about the neighborhood she was found....In those days their where a lot of black Americans who lived there, followed by the Central American and Mexican immigrants....today it's called "the alley of death".....because of the many, many murders.....(what a way to live...brings tears to my eyes)

"Between 1970 and 1990 theSouth LA area went from 80% black and 9% Latino to 50.3% black and 44%Latino."[SUP][13][/SUP] Thismassive and rapid residential demographic change occurred as resources in thearea were shrinking due to global economic restructuring described above anddue to the federal government's decrease in funding of urban anti-poverty andjobs programs, and other vital social services like healthcare. Thesocio-economic context described here increased the perception and the realityof competition amongst Asians, blacks, and Latinos in South LA.
Beginning in the 1970s, the precipitous decline ofthe area's manufacturing base resulted in a loss of the jobs that had allowedskilled union workers to have a middle class life. Downtown Los Angeles'service sector, which had long been dominated by unionized African Americansearning relatively high wages, replaced most black workers with newly arrivedMexican and Central American immigrants.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Widespread unemployment, poverty and street crime contributed to the rise ofstreet gangs in South Central, such as the Crips and Bloods. They became even more powerfulwith money from drugs, especially the crack cocaine trade,dominated by gangs in the 1980s.[SUP][5][/SUP]

My mom lived in South LA in the 1970s & hated it. LA has always been a tough place & the influx of drugs just made parts of it hellish.

I still have family there but they work hard to avoid the pitfalls of drugs & bad choices.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back