Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Maricela told someone where she was and they came to meet her. I think they told her or they decided they should meet in the back of a parking lot. Initially I think Maricela entered the church to get out of the rain/stay hidden from Sara while she waited for this person. I think Maricela left the church and went to the back lot there because it was the original or a proposed meeting spot. I think as Maricela got closer to the GW she realized the backside had an entrance as well and possibly feared Sara would see her. So she/they change(s) the parking lot and she heads North on Lindley Ave. to find another lot. When she realizes its all residential to the north, she back tracks and runs back towards the business intersection to find another lot (or whomever she was meeting said to go there, maybe she went the wrong way on Lindley and backtracked when she realized it). The Firestone and Orthopedic building parking lots across from Kaiser and across from the church were passed over because the lots were empty and they would cause suspicion and stand out being in there.

I think she also had hiding patterns in front of Kaiser and by the dumpster to stay out of the rain (under the overhanging to the building entrance at Kaiser and under the trees to the side of the dumpster). I think she was waiting for someone, not hiding from someone.

I don't think she would have left Sara or her belongings or car behind except for possibly drugs, a controlling relationship with someone, or taken against her will by someone she planned to meet but not leave with. I do think a meetup was planned and cell phone records are key; but something tells me she was using an app to communicate on her "internet phone" to keep the conversation hidden.

The thing that really doesn't add up with this is her destroyed cell phone. Since her route through the parking lot was hard to determine even for SAR, maybe she left the church and had a smoke in the back lot and accidentally dropped her phone (oh how many times I had to go back to my smoke spot to get my phone when I used tobacco in college). She walks back towards the church on her way to the meeting spot and then loops back to find her phone but it's already been run over by another vehicle so she leaves it. The damage looked like a vehicle ran over the phone to me because there was no impact point.

There are so many possibilities for all the little details in my head it's hard to get them all down!

Just few thoughts and then I need to get on the road. Maybe someone can find an idea here and fly with it.

JMO/MOO
After reviewing MSM in the last two days, I've been trying to reconcile the apparently different views coming from her family: targeted vs. wrong place, wrong time.

Maybe there was a tracking app on her phone, or a tracking device in her purse or car. (NG said her purse was in her car.) Some devices are small enough to put on a pet's collar. Could Postmates track her 24/7? Do a Google search for "track your teen" or "track your cheating spouse", etc. There are a lot of options out there.

So, if there was a device on her car or in her purse, maybe it's still there. LE enforcement would need to "discover" it. If that was her phone in the back lot I think it would be hard to recover information without the SIM card. IDK

Is her car in a secure garage? We never know who our readers are.

just ran across this case:

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/34383247/police-las-vegas-kidnapping-victim-found-bound-in-new-mexico

A woman who was found alive in New Mexico after her abduction in Southern Nevada was bound with chains around her body and handcuffs around her wrist, according to authorities.
m.

Law enforcement located two men inside and the woman, who was identified as Jane Priebe, bound and with visible injuries in the back of the mini-van. Police took the driver - Jack Morgan, 31 - and the passenger - Samuel Lee Brown, 19 - into custody. Charges were pending for the two.

The stop stemmed from what police in Las Vegas described as an incident involving a woman being forcibly taken from an apartment.

The article said the perps were believed to be heading for Mexico.

I think bornblest was referring to this, posted today, January 31, 2017:
http://sfvmedia.com/sfv/400-arrested-sex-trafficking-3-day-statewide-sweep/
"“Operation Reclaim and Rebuild” also resulted in the recovery of 28 sexually exploited children and 27 women, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department."

The video she linked was accurate and matches up with the article I posted. However I think sfvmedia.com is a news site that reposts from other sources, so i will try to find an original source for that article.

edited AGAIN, ok so this is the description to the video bornblest posted, linked here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDXB07dRpo)
"In conjunction with Human Trafficking Awareness Month, Sheriff Jim McDonnell announced details and results from the third annual ‘Operation Reclaim and Rebuild’ enforcement operation, conducted by the Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force and more than 30 participating federal state and local law enforcement agencies, and task forces from across California. The three-day, statewide effort aimed at combatting human trafficking took place between Thursday, January 26, and Saturday, January 28, 2017, was conducted in various mediums and met with positive results."

just ran across this case:

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/34383247/police-las-vegas-kidnapping-victim-found-bound-in-new-mexico

A woman who was found alive in New Mexico after her abduction in Southern Nevada was bound with chains around her body and handcuffs around her wrist, according to authorities.
m.

Law enforcement located two men inside and the woman, who was identified as Jane Priebe, bound and with visible injuries in the back of the mini-van. Police took the driver - Jack Morgan, 31 - and the passenger - Samuel Lee Brown, 19 - into custody. Charges were pending for the two.

The stop stemmed from what police in Las Vegas described as an incident involving a woman being forcibly taken from an apartment.

The article said the perps were believed to be heading for Mexico.

We have a thread for her, too.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?328446-NV-Jane-Priebe-28-Las-Vegas-30-Jan-2017

Suppose she was working with somebody to get a new identity and disappear. Is it realistic that the party would call her and tell her it's time to go now for some reason?

But if she had put so much time, and especially money, into that type of plan it seems odd that she would disappear with no car and no clothes. And on top of that leave her little sister stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do we all agree here, then, that we think somebody bad took her? If so, that speaks volumes...in AH's case I was the minority.

(Eta: Ftr: I do not have an opinion on this case as of yet. But what you guys are talking about, not taking belongings, etc is worrisome. There is the witness protection angle...not sure about that, though. Something with drugs. Bad people...)

So do we all agree here, then, that we think somebody bad took her? If so, that speaks volumes...in AH's case I was the minority.

I think someone bad took her, but t was not a random abduction, most likely. imo

I think she was meeting up with someone or running from someone who was trying to meet up.

I think someone bad took her, but t was not a random abduction, most likely. imo

I think she was meeting up with someone or running from someone who was trying to meet up.

See my eta. Sounds like it.

I believe someone bad did take her but I am in the air on did she get herself in to deep with something or did she meet up with someone expecting say a model job etc and it went south. The music going off on her phone I am thinking was calls or texts and her path she went in the parking lot there has got to be a reason she didn't stay in a store etc and ask for help or call police.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I believe someone bad did take her but I am in the air on did she get herself in to deep with something or did she meet up with someone expecting say a model job etc and it went south. The music going off on her phone I am thinking was calls or texts and her path she went in the parking lot there has got to be a reason she didn't stay in a store etc and ask for help or call police.

I just wanted you guys to be the first to know that the PI has just asked me to join his team full time as Lead Analyst. I have followed MP cases for a very long time and this is a dream come true. I'm so thankful that something good has come of this and wanted to make you all a part of it. Only because of you did I get the offer. I can't thank you enough.
Now see? That worked out pretty well. Congrats. Keep safe!

I am thinking about the church part of the story. Maricela went into the church and spent a period of time there. Something like fifteen minutes? I imagine her seated in a pew, possibly kneeling. It would be awkward to remain standing, especially given that there were at least two other persons present.

It seems to me that Maricela must have bolted out of the church when she exited. Really high-tailed it, for one of the women to have asked Sara if her sister was sick.

I don't have the idea (could be wrong) that Maricela appeared ill to them by virtue of the fact that she was weaving and unsteady....holding on to things for support. She went from zero to sixty and shot out of there, is what it sounds like to me. They didn't simply say she left in a hurry. She must have moved like someone who was about to be sick.

I have read both threads, but am going on memory regarding what the women said to Sara. The way I recall it, they mentioned Maricela looked upset and they asked if she was sick. If Maricela hadn't been rushing, I think they just would have said she looked upset.

Anyone in pursuit of her who physically entered the church would have been seen by the two women, I would imagine? So what caused Maricela to bolt, if she did? A text?

i have only read this thread, not the previous.
i've known quite a few addicts who have used IN a church. i dont know what her drug of choice was but is that possible?
also if in arrest case of drugs often one person cops to it being theirs and the other gets off (former students and family member)

and wow to all of you for all the work.

But if she had put so much time, and especially money, into that type of plan it seems odd that she would disappear with no car and no clothes. And on top of that leave her little sister stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find the part about not bringing her stuff too odd. I imagine they might tell her not to bring anything that could be used to tie her to her previous identity.

I also don't find her desire to not leave her 23-yr-old sister in a public place all that compelling. Perhaps the guy calling her over and over was the guy she was running from. The calls could have caused her to expedite her escape and she left the goodwill and called her contact to come get her.

I don't find the part about not bringing her stuff too odd. I imagine they might tell her not to bring anything that could be used to tie her to her previous identity.

I also don't find her desire to not leave her 23-yr-old sister in a public place all that compelling. Perhaps the guy calling her over and over was the guy she was running from. The calls could have caused her to expedite her escape and she left the goodwill and called her contact to come get her.
Then why did she take her keys AND her ID..?? 🙄

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members