Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that makes me doubt it was a mental health issue is that she has not been seen since. My brother used to 'run away' from imagined enemies, but there were lots of witnesses to his bizarre behavior. How is she staying hidden now?

I'm trying to remember the woman who went missing several years ago who it turned out had been having mental health issues. Heavily followed case. ???

Teleka Patrick, was that her name? I'm not sure about the spelling ...

The one thing that makes me doubt it was a mental health issue is that she has not been seen since. My brother used to 'run away' from imagined enemies, but there were lots of witnesses to his bizarre behavior. How is she staying hidden now?

Sadly, our streets are full of mentally ill people who remain homeless for years. It always makes me wonder how many of our missing persons here on WS are out there on the streets.

Teleka, the doctor?

Teleka's case how I learned about WS. I read an online article about WS following Teleka's case, which I was following on my own. I didn't join WS, though, until Cooper - the little boy whose father left him in a hot car.

No reason for this post, other than "we all found our way to WS somehow."

Let this be the day someone finds MG.

Ah good morning everyone.

(modsnip)

Balboa mom. WELCOME! I love seeing people join and post on Maricela's thread. Everyone here is so valuable and we can never have enough brains :)
My theory on the side door is that it basically was an escape route. If someone came in the main door, she had a quick exit. Why she ran onto Lindley and not Jon's, I have no idea. Maybe she was not thinking, scared, panicked.
About the church. I am about 50/50 on that. Half thinking that she went in there to hide. Basically thinking of the church as a safe place...an innocent who thinks no bad guy would dare come into the House of God to kill/abduct her. The other half thinking she went in there to pray/confess/beg God....she either knew she was about to use or disappear. Not quite sure.
I am almost certain there was something, tho, in that dumpster. IMO it is vital to get in there and find what it is. I truly hope the police will investigate although imo they are dismissing that dog much the same as they would dismiss a psychic. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me like a good tip they are not following up on :(

As to the BOLDED section above---I can see what you mean about her having a quick exit. But if she thought someone was coming in after her, and she needed an exit, and there were two women, at least, in the church---why didn't she she say anything, and ask for help?

I am thinking about the church part of the story. Maricela went into the church and spent a period of time there. Something like fifteen minutes? I imagine her seated in a pew, possibly kneeling. It would be awkward to remain standing, especially given that there were at least two other persons present.

It seems to me that Maricela must have bolted out of the church when she exited. Really high-tailed it, for one of the women to have asked Sara if her sister was sick.

I don't have the idea (could be wrong) that Maricela appeared ill to them by virtue of the fact that she was weaving and unsteady....holding on to things for support. She went from zero to sixty and shot out of there, is what it sounds like to me. They didn't simply say she left in a hurry. She must have moved like someone who was about to be sick.

I have read both threads, but am going on memory regarding what the women said to Sara. The way I recall it, they mentioned Maricela looked upset and they asked if she was sick. If Maricela hadn't been rushing, I think they just would have said she looked upset.

Anyone in pursuit of her who physically entered the church would have been seen by the two women, I would imagine? So what caused Maricela to bolt, if she did? A text?

I think it's good that you bring up the point again that they asked whether she was sick.

I can only think of two reasons why she would physically feel and look like she's sick - pregnancy and drugs.

In the thread about Mark Bakotic someone posted information about the drug he supposedly took the night he disappeared (I forgot the name of it, some new designer stuff). One effect after first ingesting it (before the high kicks in) is nausea.

Maybe MG was not chased, was not running from anyone. Maybe she took something and it was too strong for her. Maybe she felt ill, confused, panicky, making her run around the neighborhood. Maybe she just entered the church to calm down and get out of the rain. Maybe she had hallucinations that made her climb into the dumpster.

just speculating.

One thing I was thinking is that the family knows something that they are not disclosing. Possibly they did not expect Mistivon to dive in with both feet and and really get the ball rolling on things especially get her face out there with media etc. Then more questions arise and they are somewhat trapped in what they have originally said????

I have been quietly following along. Great work by all.

I , too, believe this family knows far more than we do.
And we certainly are not privy to the reasons they are doing things, but this is the way they want things handled. They are her family, it is their choice. They know her far better than any of us. And LE would share things with them that we won't know unless family chooses to tell.
I will respect that..

And we certainly are not privy to the reasons they are doing things, but this is the way they want things handled. They are her family, it is their choice. They know her far better than any of us. And LE would share things with them that we won't know unless family chooses to tell.
I will respect that..

The changing of the facebook page title lends credibility to the family knowing something we don't.

JMO/MOO/IMO
They may have requested a welfare check. That's what I did when my sister disappeared. I called LAPD and they took information from me, I believe, so they could verify my identity and then they put me on hold forever. Eventually (this was the same call) they told me that I should check the homeless shelters in the area but would not give me a list. I live in Northern California so I sat on that information for a bit. I called a cousin that I trusted and asked her to check a specific public park where the homeless hang out during the day. She found my sister there. She asked permission to let me know that she had seen her and my sister said OK. So, I knew she was alive.

It's possible they found out something and haven't shared it with you, and they are pursuing that lead. Let's hope!

I still can't shake the thought that she could be in that church.

Sanctuary.

I am keeping it open for possibility.

I have also wondered about the mental health scenario. It has been said that there are many homeless encampments in the area. If she took off in a confused state, could she have possibly hunkered down within the homeless community and somehow become less visible to the masses? I mean, you would think with all the posters being plastered around that area that someone would notice and say something... but who knows? Just wondering if anyone has wandered through all of the homeless encampment areas to search for her?

Maybe that's why the posters were removed.

I have also wondered about the mental health scenario. It has been said that there are many homeless encampments in the area. If she took off in a confused state, could she have possibly hunkered down within the homeless community and somehow become less visible to the masses? I mean, you would think with all the posters being plastered around that area that someone would notice and say something... but who knows? Just wondering if anyone has wandered through all of the homeless encampment areas to search for her?

Seems far fetched, but then again we are talking about a city of 4 million people.

im thinking this may be the case.

I will respect that..

I still can't shake the thought that she could be in that church.

Sanctuary.

I am keeping it open for possibility.

And I still can't can't shake the thought that she MIGHT have NOT been in that church, despite the dogs, witness sightings, etc. Just a thought don't shoot me please. While our doggies are great and helpful in so many cases, they have also known to be wrong, as well as witness sightings. If there's something else I'm missing, please let me know. Her scent at the dumpster could have been based on her items tossed there, and not necessarily her physically, is this possible?

And I still can't can't shake the thought that she MIGHT have NOT been in that church, despite the dogs, witness sightings, etc. Just a thought don't shoot me please. While our doggies are great and helpful in so many cases, they have also known to be wrong, as well as witness sightings. If there's something else I'm missing, please let me know. Her scent at the dumpster could have been based on her items tossed there, and not necessarily her physically, is this possible?

No shots fired at you ever! So glad there are different theories to ponder - some so creative and vivid.

Like you, I am thinking that her things might have gotten thrown into that dumpster, not necessarily HER, physically. And I agree re dogs... we have seen it here so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin