Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Oh NO !! I just saw this tonight !!! I am heartbroken to read this.

Mistivon--Please know that you are in my prayers and we thank you for your dedication to finding this beautiful young girl,, if it hadn't been for you, I don't think her name and her story would have reached so many people.

Hoping we hear more news and update on what happened to her so that justice can be served.

RIP Dear Angel :(

If the police just did their job and got video surveillance from every business the night she went missing, we may have had answers sooner. It's so frustrating. Now we might never know who did this to her. All because it could have been "voluntary". When are the police going to change how they look for people? This kind of situation will just keep happening... It's so heartbreaking it had to end this way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You have put your heart into this. This is not the outcome that anyone deserves. She can finally be put to rest properly. I believe that because of Marciela, something greater has come from this. Although we do not know the circumstances surrounding the events in regards to her disappearance or her death, it has raised awareness about how many young girls have gone missing in this area in the past 8 months. If anything, let that be her legacy. I apologize if that makes no sense...I am rambling, overwhelmed, and sleep deprived as usual.

Now off to pick up my kids and light a candle for Marciela.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

I definitely agree with this. Out of this horrible tragedy we were alerted to the possibility of a sex trafficking ring in that area and the odd amount of women missing. I have followed from the beginning as well and I am so so sad that this was the outcome. My best friend is now an actress in California now and I immediately told her about the possible ST ring and asked her to always be careful. RIP sweet girl and my heart aches for you mistivon. [emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is highly possible that LE involved will prolong this case to divert bad publicity from the initial lack of an investigation. The statement made by LE to the media regarding a possible OD without any toxology report states the obvious. We brought that idea up on WS many weeks ago. What we do know is that MG was involved in a lifestyle where murder, kidnapping, torture, rape, and of course overdosing are not uncommon. I seriousley doubt this has anything to do with a HT ring whatsoever. She was meeting someone and from there only time will tell. And time is the key word. Time to look at the security footage, phone records, clothing, and DNA given to LE months ago.

It is highly possible that LE involved will prolong this case to divert bad publicity from the initial lack of an investigation. The statement made by LE to the media regarding a possible OD without any toxology report states the obvious. We brought that idea up on WS many weeks ago. What we do know is that MG was involved in a lifestyle where murder, kidnapping, torture, rape, and of course overdosing are not uncommon. I seriousley doubt this has anything to do with a HT ring whatsoever. She was meeting someone and from there only time will tell. And time is the key word. Time to look at the security footage, phone records, clothing, and DNA given to LE months ago.

Was she found near an area that was searched?

My jaw dropped when I went to the located persons discussion and saw Mari's name with the updated title...ugh. Rest in peace, Maricela. Lots of love and light to her loves ones. Mistivon, you did AWESOME with Mari's case.

Do you think they will investigate? I hope so but at best it's sadly likely to be minimal effort.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Mistivon...
What can I say...followed from the beginning all the way from Perth,AUSTRALIA,haven't posted as so far away...you went above and beyond for Maricela,may she rest in peace now.My heart breaks for anyone who was touched by her in life.
You are in inspiration Misti,keep doing what you do...you ROCK.
[emoji26][emoji8]

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...a-missing-tarzana-woman-identified-by-coroner

"Determination of the cause of death has been deferred, and it could take between six to nine months to learn whether her death was an accident, a suicide, a homicide, or from natural causes, he said."

Six-Nine months???
So sad...

Quote from this article:

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Troy Ewing, who works in the department's Homicide Bureau, said Wednesday that they "suspect foul play" because of the "remote area" where she was found. The remains were discovered by a local resident walking his dog on March 7 in the area of Golden Valley Road, west of Robert C. Lee Parkway.

"People don't show up in that type of area and die, so probably someone put her there," Ewing said.

I do not believe the Santa Clarita area was searched. IIRC the areas within 10-20min of her disappearance were searched heavily, no one thought to go that far north though.

Thanks.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...a-missing-tarzana-woman-identified-by-coroner

"Determination of the cause of death has been deferred, and it could take between six to nine months to learn whether her death was an accident, a suicide, a homicide, or from natural causes, he said."

Six-Nine months???
That is ridiculous! They are saying that hoping that in 6-9 months it wont be so fresh in our minds that they totally failed this poor girl and her family. At the most this should take is 6 weeks. How awful can LE be that not doing anything about her disappearance wasnt enough, now they are trying to cover it up, ratger than fix their mistake. I am still in such shock at the utter lack of care LE had in this case. It would have been as simple as asking to see some surveillance footage. I dont care what MG may have been involved in, it isnt LE's job to judge lifestyle but to protect life. I hope they feel some level of guilt in all of this. I am heartbroken for MG and her family. They found her less than 10 miles from where I live, to think shes been out there this whole time crushes me. Rest in peace.

@mistivon thank you for your hard work and endless dedication. Mari knows how hard you went to bat for her, as well as all of us sleuthers...

I'm so sorry to have read this tonight... let's just hope Mari is in a better place without the struggles of addiction constantly nagging at her..

Hope whatever happens comes to light and those responsible are brought to justice...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I, too, am heartbroken.
Misitvon-your courage and fellow Websleuthers-lighting the path with hope-you are an inspiration. Thank you.
Rest in peace, beautiful Maricela.

If the police just did their job and got video surveillance from every business the night she went missing, we may have had answers sooner. It's so frustrating. Now we might never know who did this to her. All because it could have been "voluntary". When are the police going to change how they look for people? This kind of situation will just keep happening... It's so heartbreaking it had to end this way.

Agree.
Imho She may have went voluntarily to protect her sister from being taken?
If they would have gotten video surveillance they might know who she went with that night.

That is ridiculous! They are saying that hoping that in 6-9 months it wont be so fresh in our minds that they totally failed this poor girl and her family. At the most this should take is 6 weeks. How awful can LE be that not doing anything about her disappearance wasnt enough, now they are trying to cover it up, ratger than fix their mistake. I am still in such shock at the utter lack of care LE had in this case. It would have been as simple as asking to see some surveillance footage. I dont care what MG may have been involved in, it isnt LE's job to judge lifestyle but to protect life. I hope they feel some level of guilt in all of this. I am heartbroken for MG and her family. They found her less than 10 miles from where I live, to think shes been out there this whole time crushes me. Rest in peace.
I still wonder what secret Maricela died knowing?
I still can't believe this happened with people around and video. Someone had to see something that wasn't right.

Saddened to read this thread this morning.
Prayers and love to her friends and family.

OhmyGODD. No!!!! Following from the very beginning. Breaks my heart, and especially the fact that she was probably already out there deceased why we were all sleuthing for her and while @mistivision was organizing searches... I just can't believe this. Sending positive energy and hugs to everyone hurt by this tragic story :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back